PDA

View Full Version : I a short note to let the developers as to why I am leaving.

LandonLau
04-25-2013, 07:09 PM
I have played MMORPG games going back as far a the the beta for Asheron's Call and the game came out on 01/01/00. In my opinion Defiance missed the mark on what could have been a better game. The reason I am leaving is simple, let me explain. The mission name is not important they are all the same. The quest I was doing is set in a mine and they send a flaky NPC with you that barks orders and in my case never fired a shot all the while wave after wave of baddies come from four directions and what happens when you die the second time? You get to start this cluster Fu%% over again. How about getting a better weapon not a chance you need a rep of 200 and as a casual player I am not waiting till 2 years from now to get one. See you all and to those that having fun, I hope it remains that way for you. This is just not what I expected, I guess I was hoping to enjoy it as much as I did Rift but it is not to be.

Mynx
04-25-2013, 07:21 PM
I have played MMORPG games going back as far a the the beta for Asheron's Call and the game came out on 01/01/00. In my opinion Defiance missed the mark on what could have been a better game. The reason I am leaving is simple, let me explain. The mission name is not important they are all the same. The quest I was doing is set in a mine and they send a flaky NPC with you that barks orders and in my case never fired a shot all the while wave after wave of baddies come from four directions and what happens when you die the second time? You get to start this cluster Fu%% over again. How about getting a better weapon not a chance you need a rep of 200 and as a casual player I am not waiting till 2 years from now to get one. See you all and to those that having fun, I hope it remains that way for you. This is just not what I expected, I guess I was hoping to enjoy it as much as I did Rift but it is not to be.

ive got to agree with defiance being tacky and a bit sloppy and lacking in alot of ways but the combat system and wanting to keep up with defiances story is all thats keeping me playing it lol.

if the pvp wasnt so bad and full of hackers id pvp in the mean time, i just play it now and then

Natjur
04-25-2013, 07:26 PM
Driving around doing insane leaps and shooting stuff is fun (like borderland 2 & grand thief auto)
While this game is fun and I can see it could be something great, I feel it missed. Mainly due to all the bugs giving this game a very poor rating. "The secret World" was a very good game but that too failed (and trying to recover now)

I think in four months, if all the bugs get fixed, hackers removed and more contents, this game would be great, but right now, it feels like they were forced to release is 4 months early.

Atzel
04-25-2013, 07:30 PM
If you need 2 years to find a better weapon , how much time did you need to write down this rant ?

Schwa
04-25-2013, 07:41 PM
If you play this as a big, dumb, shooter you end up being happy. If you want actual challenge, or if you expect any sort of quality from Trion after your experience with Rift, then you're going to have a bad time.

3rdpig
04-25-2013, 10:13 PM
I agree with the OP in most ways except the 2 years to get a better weapon. Now, 2 years to get a set of synergy mods to match it? That's more believable.

I'm sorry to say I'm disappointed in the game. I'm not leaving, but since a few days ago I'm running out of fun things to do. Grinding for gold medals in the mini games just isn't my thing and reward isn't worth it the time spent. PvP? Nah. Shadow wars? Not with the hackers. Grinding ark falls? Not with the car ***** circling the crystal.

Trion, fix the bugs, stop the annoying crap like cars at arkfalls, ban the hackers and add story based missions and you might have a winner.

In the meantime, I think I'll play the month free of Rift I got with my Steam pre order.

fatoldguy
04-25-2013, 10:26 PM
The best part of this "MMO" is how the story missions, including the "end boss" are solo, because screw friends, they just hold you back anyway............................................ .......................

peekayboo
04-25-2013, 10:31 PM
Can i have your stuff? Teknoka ingame ;)

RelativeBlue
04-26-2013, 12:52 AM
Defiance didn't miss the mark, OP, you did. This isn't an MMORPG. Just a big old open world shooter. I can't even figure how you have not found a weapon... I melt 50+ a day just after doing my rep missions. Shame you didn't like Defiance. Since it sounds like you really like MMORPGs, I'd suggest The Secret World. Amazing stories in that one. It'd probably hold you over until A Realm Reborn, or Elder Scrolls Online.

Cistzelos
04-26-2013, 04:42 AM
Have fun. For the $30 I paid for this game, I'm getting my moneys worth. I knew the story wouldn't be gripping (but its actually not terrible) but for a game that is free to play, once I get done with the main story and can start doing the episode content, playing 1-2 times a week that's cool with me.

Cistzelos
04-26-2013, 04:43 AM
The best part of this "MMO" is how the story missions, including the "end boss" are solo, because screw friends, they just hold you back anyway............................................ .......................

Most MMOs are single player in the main story line.

Blackwolfe
04-26-2013, 05:40 AM
If you need 2 years to find a better weapon , how much time did you need to write down this rant ?

Time travel.. which means.. Defiance will still be around in two years, yay :P

Paul Martin
04-26-2013, 06:23 AM
Every MMO has it's starters and leavers, it always takes time to build new MMO's as the months go on, MMO's mature with time. That's the good thing about playing MMO's.

Playing the game along with watching the show is great, looking forward to what the future of defiance will be;) and I've always trusted Trion, as they produce good games and work on them well. And the syfy channel, well! it's one of the best on sky:D

Voidfox
04-26-2013, 06:52 AM

Agreed. It's weird that group-play in this game feels... left out. Although I'm glad the content is solo'able, I do wish there were more group things to do, that were challenging... unlike the crappy 4-man instances.

Tyrannos
04-26-2013, 08:25 AM
Hi everyone,

We understand and respect that sometimes people will leave the Defiance community. LandonLau, we thank you for your feedback and wish you the very best. We're closing this thread now.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!