PDA

View Full Version : What causes the fire arm effect? And a few other questions.

sarbonn
04-25-2013, 09:26 PM
I know this is a dumb question, but honestly, finding actual information about some of the nuances in this game can be kind of annoying. I love the game; I just hate trying to figure out something that seems like it should be pretty obvious.

My guess is that it's a fire effect (yes, me is a genius :) ). But is it caused from having a weapon with the fire symbol on it, or is it some strange ability that you get from some other procedure.

And I've seen a few people walking around with what looks like glowing crystal balls in their hands. If there was an actual chat system people responded to, I might have been able to figure this out, but I have no clue what that item is for, what it is, or how you get it.

And vehicles. I'm using one of those dune buggy ones, but I see all sorts of trucks and that Dodge car everywhere. Where do you find these? Or were they part of some giveaway for preordering or something like that?

Sorry for all the questions. I've been playing nonstop, and these things just leave me curious. Love the game, love killing the bad guys, (don't love that I can't kill Joe Teach no matter what I do, but that's another story), and really wish it was more popular than it is.

SuperBean
04-25-2013, 09:33 PM
inb4'use-search'

The arms-on-fire is the graphical representation of using the Overcharge ability.
The crystal balls are BMG"s (spanners etc), they can be used to dmg mobs or heal friendlies(looks like lightning when used)

Vehicles:
The camo truck was a steam pre-order exclusive. (likely to come to the micro-transaction store)
The read dodge challenger was a pre-order exclusive.

You can get the buggies, atv's, and challenegers of other colors from vendors, a black challenger from pursuits (all the races) etc, theres a nifty site, callled Vehicles of Defiance that gives more info on vehicles:
http://defiance.craftedcrows.com/

as a side note, look for a clan to join, specifically one that is new player friendly :)

sarbonn
04-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Thanks for the info. I appreciate it.