PDA

View Full Version : How much content is the beta missing compared to the actual game?

PRE
03-20-2013, 05:25 PM
Hey sledge if your out there I'm really curious if you can answer this;

How much content is the beta missing compared to the actual game?
*im referring to game features, not map size

Also I have a few questions specifically below...

- will there be more competitve gametypes besides tdm and conquest (example capture the flag and so on)
- does the actual game have trading
- does the actual game have item storage areas
- the clan support in the beta seems nothing more than a list of members, is it deeper than that in retail
- can we expect graphical improvements and AI intelligence boosts

Thanks!

Paladin
03-20-2013, 05:28 PM
Guilds will have benefits such as perks and such.
There will be trading player to player.
No storage areas
Graphics is Under NDA.
There will be DLC for competitive so yes at release or yes later on.
Sledge has said the beta is a Very Small Slice of the full map.

PowerChord
03-20-2013, 05:31 PM
Wouldn't expect any big graphical update. There is trading in the beta already. And as far as the map, I know for sure we can go to the Golden Gate and you can see that way down south on the map, so this is only a small portion.

PRE
03-20-2013, 05:33 PM
I read what he had to say about the map being a small size of the game but I'm wondering about actual features what % of them are missing

Paladin
03-20-2013, 05:34 PM
I read what he had to say about the map being a small size of the game but I'm wondering about actual features what % of them are missing

Well the beta is several months outdated.

PapaMudd
03-20-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm personally curious about the events that could alter the show, and how the show could alter the game...
I mean so far it just seems like a sandbox mmo

Dead_Phoenix
03-20-2013, 06:09 PM
the beta you are playing is months old. thanks to the consoles and there certification process, trion had to submit this months ago. for them to allow it to be put through.

the graphics are vastly updated.

as for the rest of content that remains under NDA

VillNess
03-20-2013, 06:36 PM
I'm gonna pre-order this. Now I just need to decide 60 or 85 ... I think I will go with the collectors edition :P

One HUGE advantage Defiance has is that it doesn't have a monthly subscription. I've played DCUO and bought subscription for 6 months now (3 months last year and now 3 months on January) and it's not bad as I've spent about 60-70 euros maybe and I've got enough stuff for my money. But what I don't like is that I feel like I HAVE to play it because otherwise I've wasted my money. With Defiance I don't have that problem and I can easily take few days break and not burn down the Defiance (=get bored too fast)

I just hope Trion updates console versions too... It sucks it costs like 10 000$ to make a game update (which requires install before you can access game) or so I've read. I see huge potential in this game!

0_d4RK_FaLLen
03-20-2013, 07:31 PM
2 more days of nda.... Well I will say if this is just a sliver of the final game, I don't think my gf will be sticking around

Paladin
03-20-2013, 07:32 PM
2 more days of nda.... Well I will say if this is just a sliver of the final game, I don't think my gf will be sticking around

Find one that likes games, it's easier that way even if she's just a casual:D

usrevenge2
03-20-2013, 07:35 PM
Wouldn't expect any big graphical update. There is trading in the beta already. And as far as the map, I know for sure we can go to the Golden Gate and you can see that way down south on the map, so this is only a small portion.

how do you trade?

VillNess
03-20-2013, 07:57 PM

But the NDA ending is only for beta, not alpha. Most of the stuff people ask could be answered by alpha people right? And alpha's NDA doesn't end until full release (I think?)

PapaMudd
03-20-2013, 08:02 PM
But the NDA ending is only for beta, not alpha. Most of the stuff people ask could be answered by alpha people right? And alpha's NDA doesn't end until full release (I think?)

if that's true that's kinda lame, cause based on what there is here already i'm not sure if I want the game or not... I mean its fun enough, but a little to easy and just seems like a run of the mill MMO borrowing from other games ideas. New character coming out for Borderlands 2 I might just spend some more cash there instead to keep my gaming appetite satisfied until I find something else I really want to play. I mean I have DCUO which i never play, and dust 514 which I barely play... do I really need another MMO to not play... gotta bring something truly new to the table...
...and it does seem to have the potential, but don't know for sure yet

Dead_Phoenix
03-21-2013, 01:30 AM

yea correct. only beta have there NDA lifted on the 22nd at 8am pst. alpha's have to keep there mouth shut about what happens next

That_MF_Wolf
03-21-2013, 01:46 AM
Don't forget that this is a Team MMO. So the more ppl you have the better

Cyrox
03-21-2013, 04:11 AM
It sucks it costs like 10 000$ to make a game update (which requires install before you can access game) or so I've read. I see huge potential in this game!

Trion said they don't have to go through that process and they can update game just like on pc

Maldrix
03-21-2013, 04:19 AM
Trion said they don't have to go through that process and they can update game just like on pc

Really? This surprises me, DCUO still had to go through the submission process and it was a game made BY Sony.
It caused some problems with an update for EU players for about a month, US players got then DLC but EU players had to wait a few weeks extra cause the EU psn people were real slow.

Desidus
03-21-2013, 04:32 AM
Really? This surprises me, DCUO still had to go through the submission process and it was a game made BY Sony.
It caused some problems with an update for EU players for about a month, US players got then DLC but EU players had to wait a few weeks extra cause the EU psn people were real slow.

Because it was SONY was probably why it had to go through it. lol. "its our rule so we better follow it..." From what I have heard though this game does not need to go through the certification process that other games do.

VillNess
03-21-2013, 08:00 AM
Because it was SONY was probably why it had to go through it. lol. "its our rule so we better follow it..." From what I have heard though this game does not need to go through the certification process that other games do.

I have a feeling that DCUO don't have to pay for updates (or atleast gets some discount hah) because it's by SOE.

Yes, many games can patch their games without updating the main game file (which is when you open the game and it tells you that new update "1.40" have to be installed) but for real big patches it needs to be done this way. Which I think it might be the DLC.

I just hope they keep adding new clothes and headgear and different looking weapons + vehicles.

PS. This is what I think and it's in no way 100% true... Just shouting thoughts heh

Dead_Phoenix
03-21-2013, 08:09 AM

well truth is we wont really know.

the one thing i do know tho is alot more is handled server side and streamed to us. which they can change on the fly. without notifing sony or ms.

but as for patches that are needed ps side. we will have to wait and see i suppose.

Vuule
03-21-2013, 08:30 AM

Yeah, updates don't have to go through certification, which is great. DLC probably does though.. But that doesn't matter, since DLC's have a fixed release date.