PDA

View Full Version : How the PC and Show tie together

Braytek
03-20-2013, 05:40 PM
Hello im sorry if this is already been asked or well known but how exactly is the game and show tied together. There are multiple servers and platforms this is being released on so how does it exactly affect the show for the next season

Defy
03-20-2013, 05:42 PM
well for example there will be episodic missions based on what happens in the show

also characters you create could be mentioned or used in the show

Iceman0134
03-20-2013, 05:47 PM
also characters you create could be mentioned or used in the show

As long as you win the contest thing. BTY 100th POST

Halcyon
03-20-2013, 05:51 PM
In the USA it's the SyFy channel on April 15th. There should be episodic content that leads up to the time period of the TV show. After that, more content will be streamed in as cross-overs from the TV show. As an example, you can read this -- http://www.indiewire.com/article/television/kevin-murphy-defiance-syfy

For instance, we have a plague episode. We introduce that in the show and then a timed mission goes live after the show airs -- basically the town sends an emergency distress and needs a cure for the plague. So the player’s mission, which will last until the next air date, has them going to find all of the components, invading the abandoned thing and starting up the ICBM, because the only way to get it to Defiance in time is to fire a rocket. Space travel rarely ever works in this world, there’s too much debris and crap in the atmosphere, but the player is forced into this.

So the next week on the show the package is coming in from San Francisco, and we don’t deal with that part of the story. The TV audience doesn’t need to know how that came about because the obstacles in the show are getting to the rocket where it’s landed. If I’m a television viewer, I don’t feel that I’ve missed anything, but as a game viewer I have a much more intimate relationship with that rocket because I worked really hard to make all that happen and complete the mission. That’s the way we are trying to make it work.

Braytek
03-20-2013, 05:51 PM
Sounds like a really great concept, i hope the execution is great too. Like if there was an eve online type version of this ( tv show tie in ) i would try to have it so the alliances and drama with it would be in the show even if only mentioned. So hopefully as time goes on they add in more ways to tie it in if possible

Buruko
03-20-2013, 06:04 PM
Hello im sorry if this is already been asked or well known but how exactly is the game and show tied together. There are multiple servers and platforms this is being released on so how does it exactly affect the show for the next season

Alright so there are missions at Launch that will introduce you to two main characters of the show, through these missions you will get insight into elements that are not explained in great detail that occur in the premiere of the pilot episode. You also get to see Actors in two different mediums as the actors not only voice but work with motion capture for the rendering of their characters in-game.

As the series progresses there will be further episodic missions, the Dev Diary mention that new content may release within minutes after the airing of an episode. This is a big reach but if they could pull off a tie in mission event every two to three weeks, that would be EPIC imo.

There is suppose to be content added during the lag between show seasons, that may or may not alter or enhance the out come of between season events in the show.

I mean there is honestly a lot of directions they could take this depending on how much they coordinate in advance.