PDA

View Full Version : A spot for gameplay videos.

Thayl Ruttgar
12-26-2012, 06:42 PM
I thought I would start this so that people have one spot to post DEFIANCE Gameplay videos that show new elements of this game, Please just put them here for everyone to view.

Jenbuu
12-26-2012, 07:06 PM
all the stuff should be in the one stop shop,.

any "new" videos that are posted from the alpha will be in breach of the NDA and would mean the thread being closed down

we have some footage that we are going to post in the new year from the london event this month just alot of information was released at the same time

Thayl Ruttgar
12-26-2012, 07:29 PM
so the video that I saw this morning on here was in breach and taken off I thought that we could post videos found around the web on here???

Smitch
12-26-2012, 08:21 PM
so the video that I saw this morning on here was in breach and taken off I thought that we could post videos found around the web on here???

Official videos, sure. Game play videos where a tester is breaking their NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement)...not so much. >.< Most game companies want to keep things under wraps for a variety of reasons. The ones more pertinent to players is so that people don't get disappointed by incomplete/broken beta content &/or players don't get disappointed by perfectly fine content being removed. There are also obviously commercial reasons which don't matter so much to players. >.<

Shadinaxx
12-27-2012, 08:14 AM
Other reasons for keeping the alpha/beta content under wraps, is because sometimes, the alpha/beta team will throw in encounters that are part of an encounter that takes place in a future expansion. Spoilers and what not. Plus, you will always find someone that watches the videos like it's it their guide to becoming succesfful in life, an they will get mad if one skill is not the same as it was in beta, make a huge stink an try to bring down the entire company.

Sad, but a few bad apples spoils the entire barrel.

Thayl Ruttgar
12-27-2012, 12:03 PM
OK let make myself clear please do not break any rule if you find good Vidoe of gameplay on web that do not break rule and would like to post them here please do so.