PDA

View Full Version : pc beta download slowed down alot

Arinzal
03-20-2013, 05:46 PM
earlier i was .85mb then it went to 3.0mb now its .003mb

Arinzal
03-20-2013, 06:19 PM
time dropped down to 22 hours to download is done sigh i wanna kill something anyone up for hardcore teamdeath match of black ops 2 ?

Duskguy
03-20-2013, 06:21 PM
...least you got the email to download.... im still waiting

Arinzal
03-20-2013, 06:35 PM
I might be playing the actual game after this is downloaded lol.

ZombieTech
03-20-2013, 06:52 PM
Yep, figured this would happen... it's what I was predicting when more people started downloading the same files. Anybody else here remember the nightmare of Tera going F2P? I don't think I've ever spent literally a whole week downloading a single game-client before... with nothing else on the net running at all... with no way to pause or resume (turned out it caused the files to end up being jacked up with CRC errors and such).

Ambic
03-20-2013, 07:57 PM
I warned Trion/the Devs of this issue earlier this month on the forum. They still waited last minute to release the download.

RedPriest
03-20-2013, 08:21 PM
I, and several others are still waiting cause we pre-ordered through steam :(

DigitalPhail
03-20-2013, 08:39 PM
o.O it only took me an hour to download the whole thing, either your internet sucks or its your computer...

side note, idc if i got the beta for the pc even though i oredered it on xbox, i still get to play when the servers go up :p

Notturno
03-20-2013, 08:51 PM
o.O it only took me an hour to download the whole thing, either your internet sucks or its your computer...

side note, idc if i got the beta for the pc even though i oredered it on xbox, i still get to play when the servers go up :p

That probably has a lot to do with demand placed on their patch servers. If you received your access early on in the day, then there were less people stressing their patch servers. As more people try to take content from the patch servers, bandwidth becomes scarce and essentially slows everyone's maximum download speeds down. Towards the later evening, like at the time of this post, download speeds are well below a megabyte per second. Again, this has everything to do with demand placed on the patch servers.

It has nothing to do with the client's internet connection, it's the server having to deal with unprecedented demand.

Deadarth
03-20-2013, 09:01 PM
so .... you guys get to download it ?? yet I dont see anything to download it myself ... I got a code like 1 week ago from raptr

ZombieTech
03-20-2013, 09:07 PM
That probably has a lot to do with demand placed on their patch servers. If you received your access early on in the day, then there were less people stressing their patch servers. As more people try to take content from the patch servers, bandwidth becomes scarce and essentially slows everyone's maximum download speeds down. Towards the later evening, like at the time of this post, download speeds are well below a megabyte per second. Again, this has everything to do with demand placed on the patch servers.

It has nothing to do with the client's internet connection, it's the server having to deal with unprecedented demand.

Indeed, exactly what I've been saying. But of course their name says it all, "DigitalPhail"... probably the typical that believes there's only the beginning and end point in a connection and isn't aware there's several server hops as well in between. :cool:

EdgeTW
03-20-2013, 09:07 PM
A friend of mine just received her access an hour ago and finished within the hour. She was getting well over 2 MB/sec the whole time.

I'm still plugging away at my standard .16 MB/sec.

MacDeath
03-21-2013, 12:05 AM
I warned Trion/the Devs of this issue earlier this month on the forum. They still waited last minute to release the download. They started to send out the emails 48 hours prior to the start of the beta. How is that "last minute"? Also, they are sending out the emails in waves so we don't have everyone trying to patch at the same time. Seems pretty responsible to me. Your mileage may vary.

Skyfield
03-21-2013, 12:51 AM
so .... you guys get to download it ?? yet I dont see anything to download it myself ... I got a code like 1 week ago from raptr

same here and i got my code from raptr as well and i haven't gotten no email yet. Just gotta be patient i guess.

GinsterUnit
03-21-2013, 02:28 AM
I'm chugging away at 0.23 which is actually ridiculously fast for my internet that usually gets 90 kb/s.

I'm most impressed :)

Antherage
03-21-2013, 05:12 AM
I started downloading at about 5:50am EST and I was downloading at 4mb/s. I was finished by the time I could remote into my home PC from work and check it. So, about an hour.