PDA

View Full Version : Linking Account - Beta?

nathanpbutler
03-20-2013, 08:25 PM
I'm not sure if this is kosher to discuss yet or not:

I know that in the regular retail release, we'll be linking our accounts between the console and the EGO profile we've been unlocking stuff for via Arkfall codes. If one does so during the beta, but, from what I understand, beta characters all get wiped for the retail release, is that something that will present a problem later when trying to link the EGO profile to the retail release when we start playing? I'd hate to end up wasting that linkage somehow by mistake.

Buruko
03-20-2013, 08:30 PM
You cannot receive 'goodies' during the Beta, confirmed by Sledgehammer in a previous thread.

Defy
03-20-2013, 08:32 PM
they said not to link beta to your account

when game comes out you will link actual game to account

nathanpbutler
03-20-2013, 08:41 PM
I guess that answers that. Was that somewhere in the info with the beta itself, because I sure don't remember seeing anything not to link it, just the "hey, link your account!" stuff at the onset.

Komakala
03-20-2013, 10:14 PM
I guess that answers that. Was that somewhere in the info with the beta itself, because I sure don't remember seeing anything not to link it, just the "hey, link your account!" stuff at the onset.

Linking your account is just the process of typing in the code generated on your console into your trion worlds account. In order to play the beta you have to link your console. The ego/Arkfall code rewards won't be handed out until the release of the game on April 2. Then when you log into the retail game it will place your earned items in your inventory.