PDA

View Full Version : What is the best way to Kill Nim?

IronBolt
04-27-2013, 12:03 AM
What is the best way to kill Nim? Its change from the Beta ans Alpha. All i get is about 75% down in the first part and I die over and over again.

RelativeBlue
04-27-2013, 12:23 AM
Fast regen shield, fast reload weapon. I used a fire SMG and respark shield and he went down pretty easily. Keep moving and use cover. There's really no "easy way" that I could see, you just gotta figure out his patterns and then roll with it.

Runoff
04-27-2013, 12:30 AM
Think main thing to have is a Respark Shield with small Delay so after he hits you you only take 10s or less to recharge incase you get hit again. Stage 1&2 I used a BMG and just slowly burnt him played safe and rolled around and around alot. Stage 3 stay near his platform only leave for ammo. Circle around and hide opposite side and I used Innoculator this time and just fired pests at him after he finished his nuking then circled again rinse and repeat takes awhile but pretty safe with fast shield recharge its pretty safe to take hit from pillar and have full shield incase he takes a swipe or nukes you.

darthfarter
04-27-2013, 12:30 AM
I used BMG with decoy. Pop decoy when makes multiplies on ledges. Otherwise just learn pattern. I didnt have a special shield. Blue one think. Learning patterns is the key to the fight. Decoy and BMG makes it a cakewalk I think. No ammo to worry about.

What post above me said. Only difference I did. I used BMG whole fight.

wyotim
04-27-2013, 12:36 AM
I also used a BMG for the whole fight. :o That way aiming wasn't as big an issue (which allowed me to focus on moving instead) and I could also replenish my shields in a pinch. It took a while as I wasn't dealing a huge amount of damage but it wasn't too difficult either. It did help me level that thing up as well, which was pretty sweet.

Learning the patterns and how to react is key. Good tips from others above about that. Best of luck to you!

Lollie
04-27-2013, 12:41 AM
Be aware that the Respark shield is what causes the reloading bug.

Dwane
04-27-2013, 01:18 AM
Easiest way to kill nim is bunnyhopping, which avoids most of hiss attacks.

Be aware that the Respark shield is what causes the reloading bug.

It happens with other shields aswell, u blame wrong item.

Lollie
04-27-2013, 01:20 AM
Easiest way to kill nim is bunnyhopping, which avoids most of hiss attacks.

It happens with other shields aswell, u blame wrong item.

It does? A bunch of us just tested this over in the thread linked in siggy. Looks like only Respark shield right now. We seem to have it in common, and when we take it off the bug isn't happening. What shield does it happen to you on?

DerHerbman
04-27-2013, 01:28 AM
I used a BMG, sawed of shotgun and cloak.

Fire with the bmg till there is only one nim left then hit him with the shotgun. This should drop his energy by 1/4. Do it 4 times and he is dead. Then when there are many nims, use cloak, kill one after another with the bmg (they will link and die easy). till only one nim is left and then BAM shotgun.
This is a very easy way.

Also with the bmg you can heal yourself. When its empty, reload and while it reloads switch to your other weapon. The BMG will be reloaded without the reload animation.

When nim goes up and shoot at you time a roll and he wonīt hit you.
Oh and make shure you can relife yourself. Donīt waste it to early in the fight.

Dwane
04-27-2013, 01:35 AM
It does? A bunch of us just tested this over in the thread linked in siggy. Looks like only Respark shield right now. We seem to have it in common, and when we take it off the bug isn't happening. What shield does it happen to you on?

http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1413/defiance201304271029558.png
My reloading bug is most likely related to ego power usage, as it often triggers when i start reloading and ego power expires in process. It also happens when i shoot from cloak, start reloading and get recloaked while reloading. No matter which sthield i use, it happens even with rhino.

Freyar
04-27-2013, 01:36 AM
Phase 1 and 2, used an SMG and a shotgun. Phase 3, I used a lobber that bounced a whole lot banking it off of walls while keeping a pillar between me and him. It was a pretty disappointingly easy fight.

Schwa
04-27-2013, 01:38 AM
If you want a stupid way to cheese him, just go in with a range 40 infector (Innoculator? Immunizer?). Don't even need to use anything else if you get your dodges down in phases one and three.

Neptonius
04-27-2013, 01:39 AM
I used those "tank" perks and LMG and fire shield and overcharge, then run around while you gun him down.

fido9dido
04-27-2013, 01:51 AM
i think there's no best way of killing him it depends on ur skill with the weapon. and trying to avoid his shots (hit and run strategy).

Lollie
04-27-2013, 01:52 AM
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/1413/defiance201304271029558.png
My reloading bug is most likely related to ego power usage, as it often triggers when i start reloading and ego power expires in process. It also happens when i shoot from cloak, start reloading and get recloaked while reloading. No matter which sthield i use, it happens even with rhino.

Mine definitely has nothing to do with EGO powers ending or anything. It stopped when I switched shield from the Respark to a Hurricane. You need to add your results into the thread linked in my sig, if we say nothing we'll never get to the bottom of this bug, sure looks like the devs haven't got a clue.

Reiter
04-27-2013, 02:17 AM
Heavy Scatter pump shotgun that looks like a Remington, the 160x12 with about 7-8 shells and a BMG. Just shoot him, keep it reloaded when your dodging, and use the BMG to heal + frag grenade...plus dodge dodge dodge dodge (first phase is the hardest as the room has no cover, second and third is easier with cover provided except when the crystals spawn, which the frag is useful for). Its slow, took me about 10-20 minutes to kill him from start to finish but its effective and faster then just a BMG as even with 2-3 hits from the shotty its more damage then the BMG.

I don't notice this reload bug and I only use a respark, maybe as I am usually shooting while reload, which causes it to reload, which reloads again 1 shell, fire it again (stuff is chasing me), and then it reloads full. Firing a shot gun causes it to stop reloading, but I never see the load/reloading bug.

PimplyPete
04-27-2013, 02:18 AM
Killed him first try with the Immunizer, mine is a purple but it is virtually the same as a white (stats wise) Immunizer with no mods attached.

Perks are..

Decoy
Pumped Up
Intimidation
Regeneration
Cellular Armor
Fortitude
Escape Artist

Now the main strategy is to play the "keep away" game, keep as much distance between you and Nim as possible, cheese him across the map with the Immunizer and let the DOT/Bugs eat away at his life bar. Now not all the perks I suggest is necessary, but one I would highly recommend is Escape Artist, it's almost essential to play the "Keep away" game. Now keep in mind this is not the fastest nor manliest way to kill him, but it'll get the job done.

Here's a vid for those that are interested. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnuZmmznnAI)

Mr Awesome 0ne
04-27-2013, 02:22 AM
I used Cloak, and a 5 Shot Manual Detonater.

I just jumped around a lot to avoid his attacks.

trip
04-27-2013, 09:52 AM
i used bunny hopping combat shotgun smg and blur as the ego power lol to beat nim for my second try i think i will try beating nim with a pistol n sniper rifle and use ether cloak or blur as the ego power its fun trying to beat bosses with different play styles

khanstruct
04-27-2013, 10:02 AM
What is the best way to kill Nim? Its change from the Beta ans Alpha. All i get is about 75% down in the first part and I die over and over again.

I have found that screaming and swearing at my monitor until my face turns red helps.

Also, when he goes up on the ledge (during phase 2) the "real" Nim has blue electricity on him, while the decoys do not.

And use the terrain. Maneuver around the platforms to block his attacks, then peek out and shoot. Note: Only the real Nim will fire 3 shots in a row.

Numina
04-27-2013, 10:08 AM
Wow thanks for the advice about the reload bug! I was starting to think I was going crazy and imagining that I had reloaded... Lol.

No advice here on Nim, I went in with a cloak and heavy defense perk set up, and used a ton of grenades/pump shotgun/BMG. First time I tried, I was on phase two and literally got stuck in a wall, couldn't die, couldn't hit Nim. Ended up having to log off and back on, which started me at the beginning of the instance and really irritated me. Was able to get him just fine the second go around though.

Numina
04-27-2013, 10:10 AM
Also I was royally failing at him with the controller for some reason. It would lag and I had trouble rolling. Used my keyboard for that fight because fighting Nim involved a good deal of rolling lol.

EchoOne
04-27-2013, 11:23 AM
Controller/autoaim off was pretty tough indeed.
I managed phase 3 by constantly keeping the central pillar between him and me. Whenever he caught up on me I shot his small toe with one of those rocket launchers which scatter into many small explosions (sry, forgot the name).
I think I did more damage to myself than he did, but it worked out ;)

Ngamok
04-27-2013, 11:28 AM
I used a Clushershot Shotgun with a (at the time) 25% HP regen Tachyon Shield (I now have a 50% Regen Rhino I believe). My perks were the 3% HP regen one as well as thick skinned that is 6% less damage taken and the Fortitude +225 HP.

All I did was kite him around the pillar so when he did his big AoE attack I was opposite of him on the pillar. And the shotgun shoots mini grenades so easy to hit him without being super accurate.