PDA

View Full Version : Guns in vendor lists changing element

Felis Menari
04-27-2013, 03:29 AM
Some weapons sold by vendors over time have shifted back and forth between being non-elemental and biological (it's mainly basic greens that are always available, but some rep guns are affected as well). I didn't pay much attention to it before, but now I really want to know. Does anyone know the trigger for the element change?

Felis Menari
04-27-2013, 12:40 PM
Someone here must have information on this. Please share.

Cavadus
04-27-2013, 12:46 PM
I noticed this the other day too. I was grinding LMGs so I went to Last Chance to load up on a few EMC LMGs with incendiary nanos, burnt'em up, went back to buy more and all of the sudden the fire nano was gone.

It hasn't reappeared since. Very odd. I think it might have been something nerfed server-side without telling us.

Felis Menari
04-27-2013, 12:56 PM
I noticed this the other day too. I was grinding LMGs so I went to Last Change to load up on a few EMC LMGs with incendiary nanos, burnt'em up, went back and all of the sudden fire nano was gone.

It hasn't reappeared since. Very odd. I think it might have been something nerfed server-side without telling us.

If so, that would be just grand -_-; That would mean I can't even buy a basic non-elemental weapon anymore (some vendors have a mostly static list of goods to sell, like the one on the way out of Mt. Tam).

RabMan
04-27-2013, 01:45 PM
It's tied to your EGO rating. All regular vendor stuff shift as your level EGO.

Felis Menari
04-27-2013, 07:44 PM
It's tied to your EGO rating. All regular vendor stuff shift as your level EGO.

The items have shifted multiple times. Any idea at what ego levels the changes occur?

Valethar
04-27-2013, 08:13 PM

They've been doing this since the Alpha/Beta.

Most of the time you see fire or the poop shoes on them. They've never been very diverse with regard to the elemental effects. It's something that's been reported to them numerous times, and a question that's been posed on the forums and during streams, neither of which they'll respond to.

Ideally, the elemental effects should be more diverse and change randomly throughout the day. Having almost every vendor in the game offering 'stock' weapons with the same two elemental effects on most of them doesn't seem to be a well thought out process.

Felis Menari
04-28-2013, 11:40 AM
They've been doing this since the Alpha/Beta.

Most of the time you see fire or the poop shoes on them. They've never been very diverse with regard to the elemental effects. It's something that's been reported to them numerous times, and a question that's been posed on the forums and during streams, neither of which they'll respond to.

Ideally, the elemental effects should be more diverse and change randomly throughout the day. Having almost every vendor in the game offering 'stock' weapons with the same two elemental effects on most of them doesn't seem to be a well thought out process.

Agreed. I've put a good amount of time into the game thus far (over 1600 ego rating) and still haven't seen a single FRC/Frontier LMG with the traits I'm looking for (fire element with -.10 recoil reduction).