PDA

View Full Version : Odd email

ragnarockw
04-27-2013, 04:51 AM
I recived an odd email telling me i orderd defiance but have not signed up yet and they would like my feedback as to why it looks official like it came from trion team but 2 things i dont understand.

1. I signed up for beta played it and filled out reports and bought game when it was realsed
2. Have been playing game since then and signed on to this forum and the main website i even found most of the codes and got the rest with help from here.
3.Filled out all sign up forms from trion and defiance and even facebook.

So why are they saying i didn't am i missing something or is this just hackers trying there luck.The email was sent to my inbox not junk.

Can anyone help let me know thanks.

This is part of the email.
Greetings Ark Hunter!

In a previous survey you indicated that you were interested in purchasing Defiance when it released, but we haven't seen you in the new frontier yet. We'd greatly appreciate your feedback and we'd like to ask you a few short questions to see what's held you back.

Misguidance
04-27-2013, 05:10 AM
It's probably an automatically generated e-mail that for some reason hasn't registered that you got the game. On the off chance that its a phishing e-mail, however, I'd delete it. If it is official it doesn't sound like it's important enough to worry about, and if it's not, it will save you a lot of hassle.

Thee Apothecary
04-27-2013, 05:15 AM
or its an email attempting to get his account data thats not from trion

MstrJedi_Kyle
04-27-2013, 05:59 AM
I sense.... shenanigans. I'd just delete it. As was said above it doesn't sound all that important anyway.

Misguidance
04-27-2013, 06:06 AM
or its an email attempting to get his account data thats not from trion

...which is why I said to delete it, just in case.

DustOfDeath
04-27-2013, 06:16 AM
At Trion Worlds we strive to provide the most engaging and entertaining games. We've noticed you haven't logged into Defiance lately and would like to gather your opinion on the game. We'd greatly appreciate your feedback on what's keeping you out of the new frontier.

... so 8 hours offlien is ... long enough for them.

ragnarockw
04-27-2013, 01:05 PM
Thanks for quick reply and yeh you confirmed what i was thinking but just wanted to make sure thanks.

ragnarockw
04-27-2013, 01:06 PM
Thank you to all who replyed you helped out a fellow ark hunter.

nathanpbutler
04-27-2013, 01:51 PM
I received one as well. Just deleted the thing.