PDA

View Full Version : EB Games Canada - Preorder & Beta

I am here 4u2nv
03-20-2013, 10:11 PM
Like others, I was hooked onto Defiance early and preordered the game as soon as I could. Being Canadian, my first choice was to purchase the game from the local Electronic Boutique.

EB has clearly been advertising a beta invite with their preorder, but every time I talk to the retailer, they act like they had no idea Defiance has even been planning a beta.

I'm legitimately concerned. I don't want to wait around for Trion to potentially send me an invite - although I registered, it has no idea I walked into the store and preordered my copy - I want the guarantee I thought I paid for.

Anyone else experiencing similar concerns? Can anyone with any specific knowledge speak to this issue?

lPATT
03-20-2013, 10:32 PM
i personally have similar issue . i register on the beta back then on day 1 when von bach advanced mission website came out . and i received a pc beta even trough i signed for xbox . maybe 2 week ago i went pre order my Collector edition at my EB Game .

i checked on my receipt for beta code and didn't have one , i asked the girl there and she had no idea about the beta , so i just let it go since i register for the beta already and was already in it (for the pc) ... i would feel better if i had my key already but i will wait for tomorrow and hopefully get my mail from trion . if not i will be upset and spam sledge with begging for key xD

so the only tips i can give is wait until tomorrow , for when trion send mail about xbox beta . and if you don't get one . now will be the time to start getting upset .

XJaeX
03-20-2013, 10:41 PM
Same here, Pre-Ordered from EB Games for guaranteed beta invite, they said nothing about it. I signed up on here but I would of liked to get what I paid for. Hopefully a Trion employee will read this and help us out if it doesn't work with EB.

Paladin
03-20-2013, 10:45 PM
i personally have similar issue . i register on the beta back then on day 1 when von bach advanced mission website came out . and i received a pc beta even trough i signed for xbox . maybe 2 week ago i went pre order my Collector edition at my EB Game .

i checked on my receipt for beta code and didn't have one , i asked the girl there and she had no idea about the beta , so i just let it go since i register for the beta already and was already in it (for the pc) ... i would feel better if i had my key already but i will wait for tomorrow and hopefully get my mail from trion . if not i will be upset and spam sledge with begging for key xD

so the only tips i can give is wait until tomorrow , for when trion send mail about xbox beta . and if you don't get one . now will be the time to start getting upset .
Same thing happened to me Patt, I think console players go a PC invite anyways on 1st beta but will still get it this time. If it doesn't ill see if I can give you a code.

Cohcheez
03-20-2013, 10:49 PM
Hey guys, I ordered at Eb as well, they gave me a seperate card with a code on it....I had to go to the trion website and enter the code....Trion will than send me an invite to the xbox 360 beta. Go back to your EB location....they should have been given these cards to hand out to people who preordered.

lPATT
03-21-2013, 12:08 AM
Same thing happened to me Patt, I think console players go a PC invite anyways on 1st beta but will still get it this time. If it doesn't ill see if I can give you a code.

that would be appreciate =D but i still believe everyone who register will get a code (if i don't believe that i will not sleep well xD ) and for cohcheez , they give me a card but it not a beta key on it . it only about deal they have on game like Far cry 3 , pokemon black 2 , CoD Blop2 etc...

Bleach x360a
03-21-2013, 03:35 AM
This has been bothering me aswell.
Im from Ontario, Canada and the EBgames i pre-ordered my UE of the game for Xbox360 never gave me any sort of code nor did they have any clue about a code/beta invite. I called 2 days ago because times ticking down and they still told me they know nothing. Yet when you check out ebgames.ca it says you get beta invites. I dont what to do anymore

Midnight Eye
03-21-2013, 04:27 AM
EB games Canada are clueless. I wouldn't waste your time in trying to get the Beta codes from them. I took matters in my own hands and got into to the PC, PS3 and will get into the Xbox 360 beta soon. Its all about searching the web and following Defiance games on Twitter.