PDA

View Full Version : Trion the worst company I've ever had the displeasure in dealing with

omni_gamer
04-27-2013, 07:45 AM
Thanks for nothing Trion.

Shastra
04-27-2013, 07:46 AM
Hope you got your best flame suit on. It is going to get pretty ugly in here soon.

Alith
04-27-2013, 07:49 AM
Cool story?

My friends and I, both console and PC, have had nothing but fun and good experiences with their cs if an issue arose. Sounds like impatience and anger issues to me.

omni_gamer
04-27-2013, 07:51 AM
ya I know, opinions of the game aside (because people are going to want to defend the $60 bucks they dropped on this garbage). The support is ********.

Corvidus
04-27-2013, 07:53 AM
I've personally had a great experience with their live support. They literally solved my missing "Badlands Drifter" title in 5 minutes.

Alith
04-27-2013, 07:53 AM
ya I know, opinions of the game aside (because people are going to want to defend the $60 bucks they dropped on this garbage). The support is ********.

I just noticed you created you forum account just to say all this. Is it making you feel better?

Misguidance
04-27-2013, 07:55 AM
I'm sorry you had a s*tty time with support. Getting refunds for games is like getting blood from a stone, and no matter what people think of the game itself, that is a very crap thing indeed. Unfortunately, it seems that the law is on the side of the game manufacturer at the moment, but it would be nice if that could be changed in the future.

Rizaun
Why do you come to the forums asking for a refund? We can't give you anything.

omni_gamer
Yea, just trying to help some people out so they don't have to put up with the BS. Thanks for asking though. I noticed your trolling forums at 8:00am PST. have a life much?

omni_gamer
04-27-2013, 07:57 AM
yea just sucks because its the first time I've ever asked for a refund for a game lol. Now I'm going to be more hesitant before buying. Sigh..... at least neverwinter is free

grooboggle
04-27-2013, 07:58 AM

Eh it was only 60 bucks, but that aside isn't it fairly accepted that there aren't refunds given for software? Sometimes companies will do so but its certainly not an expectation.

As well you bought two products one you apparently loved and one you hated so there is a chance you'd love the next release as well.

I think the biggest problem with this release is the marketing. It tried to portray too many things to too many people. I never expected a traditional MMO and I think people that did are the most disappointed.

The lack of phone support is pretty much business standard for many companies anymore in almost any industry. Which I agree sucks but in order to drive profits to the shareholders labor costs must be minimal.

Alith
04-27-2013, 07:59 AM
Yea, just trying to help some people out so they don't have to put up with the BS. Thanks for asking though. I noticed your trolling forums at 8:00am PST. have a life much?

Yeah, I'm trolling :rolleyes:

You aren't helping anyone. You had a bad experience, it happens. But not very often. Its bound to happen to a few, unfortunately you ended up being one of them. So either move on or just stop posting your useless rage.

Kane
04-27-2013, 07:59 AM
omni_gamer ever heard of different time zones?
And i do feel sorry for the trouble caused, but the forum is not the best place for this kind of issues, and consider the majority of the members here are at least mildly content with the game or at least hope for a better evolution of it...hope you solve the issues in some way

Froggyman
04-27-2013, 08:00 AM
I'm not one to start fights on the forum of the game company we are talking about, I feel it is somewhat rude. However if we are speaking honestly, I too have had nothing but utter disappointment when dealing with their customer service. To me, it feels a lot like they outsourced their CS to a third party, and said third party doesn't understand anything about the game, OR about being considerate to us as people.

I have yet to be treated like a human being by any of their CS, and I've had to go to them three times, the last of which was because I wanted to give them more money, and couldn't. You would think at least THEN they would be helpful, but they were not.

I have worked in CS myself, I've been in charge of community management, and I have never seen people tasked with helping out the playerbase be so completely uncooperative, unfriendly, and downright unhelpful. The guys that post on the forums here all seem like good folks, like sledge, and the ones who keep us posted and write the blogs are all great figureheads, but they are hurting bad by allowing the CS to be so incredibly poor.

And again, I really don't like doing this, but I feel at this point they have to be intentionally ignoring the issue.

doggirl211
04-27-2013, 08:00 AM

He didn't come here asking for a refund, he came here to inform the rest of the player base of his experience. Which he has every right to do.

ANTIDEAD
04-27-2013, 08:02 AM
Do people really go and ask for refunds just because they didn't like a game? What happened to researching a game before buying it? This is 2013, we can see exactly what a game is going to be like before purchasing it.

CoF2E2
04-27-2013, 08:05 AM

not true. we can totally give out in game items - for a non-refundable fee.

also, grief and dirty looks are almost always provided free of charge.

omni_gamer
04-27-2013, 08:06 AM
Its hard to say, I mean a lot of computer places now have their computer parts on display for people to try before buying. Of course there are tonnes of reviews on youtube, but its one thing to watch a video, and another to experience first hand

Aaricane
04-27-2013, 08:06 AM
Do people really go and ask for refunds just because they didn't like a game? What happened to researching a game before buying it? This is 2013, we can see exactly what a game is going to be like before purchasing it.With you 100%. I bought Defiance out of hype without waiting for a few game plays/reviews and in the end, its not entirely what I wanted.

But that's all on me, I don't run and ask for a refund because of my incompetence.

B3Chandler
04-27-2013, 08:07 AM

Truly a valiant effort on your part, but more than likely anyone that bothers to make an account on these forums already has a copy of the game.

doggirl211
04-27-2013, 08:07 AM
Do people really go and ask for refunds just because they didn't like a game? What happened to researching a game before buying it? This is 2013, we can see exactly what a game is going to be like before purchasing it.

What I saw in the numerous videos I watched prior to buying this game, are FAR from "exactly" what I got on launch day. That's not from lack of researching on my part.

omni_gamer
04-27-2013, 08:10 AM
Exactly the same for me ^^^

Froggyman
04-27-2013, 08:10 AM

That isn't always true. Look at the multitude of people who pre-ordered the new Alien Vs Predator game, only to have it be a stinking pile of garbage. Those that bought it obviously thought it was going to be awesome, and it looked significantly better in the trailers, and in demo footage than it actually was. I remember seeing it at PAX (penny arcade expo) last year and thinking I'd probably like to pick it up, but I'm SO glad I didn't.

But that's the issue now. I don't really have too much of a problem with the game, but I also am fully aware the promotional material for Defiance, and the promises told to us, do not match up with what we actually have.

One specific instance that comes to mind, is that we were told in the final beta, for those of us that played in it, that the build we received was TWO months older than the final build of the game. When the game came out the next week though, we were playing the exact same build. There was no difference, at all. Most people even believe the beta build was MORE stable than the one we got.

And it's this kind of thing that is starting to really anger people that are paying attention. The game being a clunker is fine, sometimes a game isn't what you wanted it to be. But sometimes a game isn't what you wanted it to be because they painted it as something else, and that isn't okay for some people.

Bopbarker
04-27-2013, 08:11 AM
The game is a lot of fun with some bugs that are not game breaking. Constant feedback from devs on fixes and telling us what they are working on. Had to deal with live support once and after the 30ish min queue it took them less than 5 mins to fix my problem.

Sucks you had a bad experience.

Shada Mori
04-27-2013, 08:15 AM
I'm with the others who have had nothing but good from their support. Granted at first I got very frustrated because they don't seem to answer in game tickets at all, but once I wised up and started using the live chat my issues were resolved in minutes and without any problems.

Honestly the expectation of a refund on a PC game with an online aspect is cloudy at best because you have already locked that copy into your account. What you are asking about is the equivalent of cleaning your plate at a restaurant and then saying you aren't going to pay for it because it wasn't very good.

omni_gamer
04-27-2013, 08:17 AM
Yea, part of my post was out of Anger, and the other half hoping that someone has had the experience and was able to offer some advice on how to fix it. If some people are loving the game that's awesome, because what I said is just personal opinion. But I know that if I'm getting the shaft on the customer service end, I'm sure others will too, and just gearing people up for what they may be in for if they go the same route I did. I mean if a customer isn't happy with a product, should we not have the right to ask for a refund? If your at a restaurant and your meal is cold? are you going to pay for this?

Fiox
04-27-2013, 08:18 AM
Long time Rift player here, and with positive experiences with Trion in the past I decided to pick up defiance. Long story short hated it. It feels like an unpolished console port with boring fetch quests and lackluster story-line, which is strange because the show is awesome so far. Anyway being a loyal customer with Trion for years of playing Rift I ask for a refund...Here's where everything went wrong. Trion doesn't have "phone support" anymore when I tried to contact them they simply told me "we no longer have phones". Are they stationed in a 3rd world country or something? Not having phone support is just plain ridiculous for a company of this caliber. So I explain my disposition to them over chat support, they ask me the usual security questions and tell me that a refund will be issued right away.......So two weeks nothing happens, (Also keep in mind they deactivate access to the game account) so I contact them again and ask them what is going on. They simply tell me "oh our representative made a mistake and we cannot issue a refund" I ask them why and They say because I didn't purchase directly from them" and must contact the 3rd party where I purchased it from.(Wow thanks for letting me know **** heads!) So I contact the 3rd party and they let me know that once the key is issued they cannot refund it because obviously they cannot take back a serial which is understandable. I call Trion back and ask them to help me out. They flat-out refuse, they offer me some ******** package with a couple upgrades for my troubles, only to find that they're the same damn upgrades that are going out to everyone for the ****ty launch of the game! I will NEVER EVER deal with Trion again, and I hope anyone with some common sense jumps ship before having to deal with their "Support". Now I understand why Scott Hartsman left. He was smart to get out before this company runs itself into the ground. And if you don't get the chance to read all of this, don't worry because I'm going to post this on every gaming site I'm apart of, so you can also read it there. Thanks for nothing Trion.
Wow your stupidity is awe inspiring.

omni_gamer
04-27-2013, 08:18 AM
see I disagree with this statement because I played the game for 2 days before I asked for the refund. I didn't level cap, or experience all the game had to offer. I hardly "cleaned the dish" so to speak

MstrJedi_Kyle
04-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Sorry you had a bad experience man. Too bad getting refunds for games is essentially impossible. That should change but most likely never will.

ANTIDEAD
What I saw in the numerous videos I watched prior to buying this game, are FAR from "exactly" what I got on launch day. That's not from lack of researching on my part.

When you preorder a game, that's based on hype and marketing. That's taking a gamble. Research is actually watching reviews, watching gameplay videos, and just getting a general sense of what the game is actually going to be.

So I agree with Aaricane. I've bought some clunker games but thats on me.

omni_gamer
nice call bro. derp

Fiox
I'm not one to start fights on the forum of the game company we are talking about, I feel it is somewhat rude. However if we are speaking honestly, I too have had nothing but utter disappointment when dealing with their customer service. To me, it feels a lot like they outsourced their CS to a third party, and said third party doesn't understand anything about the game, OR about being considerate to us as people.

I have yet to be treated like a human being by any of their CS, and I've had to go to them three times, the last of which was because I wanted to give them more money, and couldn't. You would think at least THEN they would be helpful, but they were not.

I have worked in CS myself, I've been in charge of community management, and I have never seen people tasked with helping out the playerbase be so completely uncooperative, unfriendly, and downright unhelpful. The guys that post on the forums here all seem like good folks, like sledge, and the ones who keep us posted and write the blogs are all great figureheads, but they are hurting bad by allowing the CS to be so incredibly poor.

And again, I really don't like doing this, but I feel at this point they have to be intentionally ignoring the issue.

There live chat support is great don't know what your talking about their nice friendly and can usually help with your problem. You get the occasional lazy one who doesn't want to do crap but they've been pretty good overall.

Fiox
04-27-2013, 08:22 AM
nice call bro. derp

I call it like I see it you imaptient whiner.

mrgrimezHD
04-27-2013, 08:23 AM
Dear omni-gamer,

You know how to use grammar as I can quite clearly see it but why on earth can't you just hit the return key once in a while? I'm actually surprised this thread even got any replies at all seeing as it's just another one of 'those' threads in which a disgruntled individual is asking for a refund.

As for your thread, I'm sorry to hear you haven't received the 'support' you demand and let's be honest, you aren't the only one but part of it is indeed your own fault.

I didn't purchase directly from them and must contact the 3rd party where I purchased it from (Wow thanks for letting me know **** heads!

It's common sense, if you buy a product from some where else other then the actual company then you aren't going to get a penny, this general rule of thumb has been around for decades.

don't worry because I'm going to post this on every gaming site I'm apart of, so you can also read it there.

Please, using words such as 'derp', having an attitude and asking someone if they have much of a life won't win you any points. If you're going to make an account solely just to complain then fair enough, you have a right , but don't try and act smart when you clearly contradicted yourself.

That is all.

Cynical Jester
04-27-2013, 08:25 AM
Mez sooo horny

http://kirbymuseum.org/blogs/kirby/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/whap.jpg

omni_gamer
04-27-2013, 08:27 AM
Wow man, that looks really sweet the way you posted that all nice and such. you even sited your references. How long did that take you like 3-4 minutes? that is impressive, everyone clap. *Clap Clap*

Quatermass
They don't have phone support so they don't have to spend all their workdays listening to kids wining about how bad the game is.

Just imagine a day at work.

Trion: Hello this is Trion Support how may I help you?
Caller: Your game sucks I want my money back!
Trion: Ok, why does the game suck?
Caller: It is boring!
Trion: Ok, why or how is it boring?
Caller: It is a bad game!
Trion: Ok, how is it a bad game!
Caller: Because it sucks!
and so on, and so on.

If you kids could come with more constructive criticism on how this game should be better, then I bet you that they would have had phone support.

I have been playing "Computer Games" since 1984 and I like this game.
Sure there are some parts of it that needs to be polished up and changed.
Like the inventory system or the store system and such.
I understand why the inventory is like it is because of the controller layout on console (PS3`Xbox).

I think you kids today are really spoiled, but I also know that as soon as you get yourselfs a job you will really appreciate how hard work really is.
And hopefully stop saying stuff like "Fix it I hate it and if you don't fix this you are A-holes."

Instead you should say
Keep up the good work Trion and keep the updates comming!

Froggyman
It also depends on where you buy it from. I can't speak for any other Gamestop, but one of the reason's I like heading to my local one is because they allow me (and anyone else that buys a game there) a full week to return said game with no hassle, one of the reasons given on the ticket is actually "just because you don't like it."

Most people are aware that quality is important in this day and age. And I think the video game industry would wise up and be more responsible if they knew their product could be tossed back at them if it sucked.

I'm going to provide one more giant example. Recently, TheWarZ caught a bunch of flak for being both a terrible, terrible game that promised way too much and delivered very little, and for having a company that was borderline insane, with the lead being a complete and total nutjob, spouting all kinds of nonsense that wasn't true. They used pre rendered screenshots to sell their game, had footage that was literally not real, and told people who were considering buying the game they were at a development point they were not actually at yet.

Those are all flat out lies. You bought lies, if you paid for that game. And I believe honestly that people who feel they have been taken for a ride absolutely deserve their money back. And Hammerpoint made it exceptionally difficult to get one, you had to go through an affiliate company to get your money back, but you could still do it. And they'd blacklist you if you asked for one from their support. NOT on the forums mind you, their customer support, where one should be able to ask such a question. They would refuse, and blacklist you.

Trion isn't anywhere CLOSE to the example I just gave. But they very well could walk down that road if they don't knock off all the hoopla. In this case, people are upset for a REASON, they aren't just throwing a tantrum for no reason, there are valid arguments being lobbied against what was said, how some of us are being treated, and the overall quality of the game in general.

These arguments NEED to be allowed to be heard, people crushing others down because they like the game aren't doing anyone else any favors. There ARE problems here, both with the CS, and with the game, and they need to be looked at before they start to turn anyone else off.

Shastra
04-27-2013, 08:29 AM
They don't have phone support so they don't have to spend all their workdays listening to kids wining about how bad the game is.

Just imagine a day at work.

Trion: Hello this is Trion Support how may I help you?
Caller: Your game sucks I want my money back!
Trion: Ok, why does the game suck?
Caller: It is boring!
Trion: Ok, why or how is it boring?
Caller: It is a bad game!
Trion: Ok, how is it a bad game!
Caller: Because it sucks!
and so on, and so on.

If you kids could come with more constructive criticism on how this game should be better, then I bet you that they would have had phone support.

I have been playing "Computer Games" since 1984 and I like this game.
Sure there are some parts of it that needs to be polished up and changed.
Like the inventory system or the store system and such.
I understand why the inventory is like it is because of the controller layout on console (PS3`Xbox).

I think you kids today are really spoiled, but I also know that as soon as you get yourselfs a job you will really appreciate how hard work really is.
And hopefully stop saying stuff like "Fix it I hate it and if you don't fix this you are A-holes."

Instead you should say
Keep up the good work Trion and keep the updates comming!

So you basically want the kids to lie? nice morals there grandpa. :D

mrgrimezHD
04-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Wow man, that looks really sweet the way you posted that all nice and such. you even sited your references. How long did that take you like 3-4 minutes? that is impressive, everyone clap. *Clap Clap*

Do you see that little option called 'Reply with quote'? it's literally looking at you right now, maybe if you use it then people will understand who you're replying to.

If your comment was directed at me - ''you even sited your references.'' then you should really take a step back and read your original post, since those are your words, not mine.

If you wasn't replying to me, then my apologies.

omni_gamer
04-27-2013, 08:32 AM
It's just funny to me because this post could have been "Defiance not for me, but Trion has great support". if they were willing to work with their customer base a little more (and hell, maybe it is just me thats whining) but they would be at least one customer richer.

grooboggle
04-27-2013, 08:34 AM
It's just funny to me because this post could have been "Defiance not for me, but Trion has great support". if they were willing to work with their customer base a little more (and hell, maybe it is just me thats whining) but they would be at least one customer richer.
Well not technically since you would have gotten a refund, but to get in the spirit of the thing sure.

omni_gamer
04-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Do you see that little option called 'Reply with quote'? it's literally looking at you right now, maybe if you use it then people will understand who you're replying to.

If your comment was directed at me - ''you even sited your references.'' then you should really take a step back and read your original post, since those are your words, not mine.

If you wasn't replying to me, then my apologies.

Why click reply with quote, you clearly sifted through and knew it was directed at you lol.

omni_gamer
04-27-2013, 08:36 AM
Well not technically since you would have gotten a refund, but to get in the spirit of the thing sure.

Well now im not even going to play Rift lol, im that disgruntled over this, I may even lose 15-16 minutes of sleep over this whole ****-storm

Jeff Kaos
04-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Worst company you ever dealt with? Obviously you never played Star Wars: Galaxies by Sony Online Entertainment. And it's rarer than a pair of unicorn skin boots to get money back from games, or any type of entertainment for that fact. I don't understand how people think that because you don't like a game you should get your money back. This has never been the case with packaged entertainment that is technically consumed upon opening the package. It sucks that you don't like Defiance but you should've waited for reviews before you bought it.

grooboggle
04-27-2013, 08:37 AM
Well now im not even going to play Rift lol, im that disgruntled over this, I may even lose 15-16 minutes of sleep over this whole ****-storm
I think you've been lucky though if this is the worst phone support you've had. Mine would be with insurance companies where you can indeed spend several hours on the phone to be assured your several thousand dollar issue is cleared up...then it not be...again and again. I think phone support is mostly used as triage now to push off most people if they can.

omni_gamer
04-27-2013, 08:41 AM
I think you've been lucky though if this is the worst phone support you've had. Mine would be with insurance companies where you can indeed spend several hours on the phone to be assured your several thousand dollar issue is cleared up...then it not be...again and again. I think phone support is mostly used as triage now to push off most people if they can.

yea that is a good point, I know im being a bit of a ***** about it, I've lost more money in a friendly game of poker. But not being able to refund digital entertainment is only a staple because we as a consumer have accepted it this way. Why shouldn't we be able to refund a game? Everything else is refundable. My buddy even got a refund from a prostitute in college once because she couldn't get the job done.

ANTIDEAD
04-27-2013, 08:42 AM
Anyone remember the NES/SNES/Genesis days? Back then your only info on a game would be the small writing and pictures on the box. Kids in those days couldn't go back and get a refund for a game that turned out worse than they expected. If you were really lucky maybe an exchange but never a refund...

mrgrimezHD
04-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Why click reply with quote, you clearly sifted through and knew it was directed at you lol.

Outstanding logic applied there, well done.

Question, How did I 'resite' my own references when they were exact excerpts from your original post? either you failed to realize this and 'sifted' through my post only reading parts which you understood OR you're trying so hard to be a cut above the rest and actually think you're smart and have a point.

Take your pick.

Quatermass
04-27-2013, 10:02 AM
So you basically want the kids to lie? nice morals there grandpa. :D

I want kids to show a little patience.
And to complain in a civil and intelligent manner.
Did you get that young man or do I have to get out the crayons and draw you a picture.

Cynical Jester
04-27-2013, 10:08 AM
I want kids to show a little patience.
And to complain in a civil and intelligent manner.
Did you get that young man or do I have to get out the crayons and draw you a picture.

I'm going to go with: Bust out the crayons.. just my opinion.

This is how I picture him and people of the like:

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6041/6374765253_3f8811cf7f_z.jpg

ten4
04-27-2013, 10:13 AM
I been in support que for over 2 weeks now with a couple of issues: one is missing items and the other is about bugged pursuits.

Just got a reply to one finally and they got it all wrong...so back in the que for another 2 weeks for me.

But I expect this, not paying a monthly sub and they got my money so who cares. They don't and now I don't either. lOL.

Creepshow
04-27-2013, 10:36 AM
Ding dong the witch is dead.

cfStatic
04-27-2013, 10:38 AM
http://images.t-nation.com/forum_images/1/8/185e5_ORIG-cool_story_bro_4.jpg

Dunno why people can't just quietly leave.

Riggswolfe
04-27-2013, 10:39 AM
I been in support que for over 2 weeks now with a couple of issues: one is missing items and the other is about bugged pursuits.

Just got a reply to one finally and they got it all wrong...so back in the que for another 2 weeks for me.

But I expect this, not paying a monthly sub and they got my money so who cares. They don't and now I don't either. lOL.

I had the bugged data recorder in Madera. I turned in a ticket in game and got a sort of standard reply after a few days. I then tried the live chat and my pursuit was fixed after a roughly 45 minute wait in line. Try that.

Obvious Lee
04-27-2013, 10:41 AM
yea just sucks because its the first time I've ever asked for a refund for a game lol. Now I'm going to be more hesitant before buying. Sigh..... at least neverwinter is free

well dont worry. you wont get a refund, at all. shoulda read that EULA very carefully.

sub
04-27-2013, 10:46 AM

It does suck and I feel your pain. I should have researched it better too, now seeing that this is Trions 1st MMO also should have know better than to buy before reading these forums they're mostly unsatisfied posts. For those who complain about the complainers it's a double edged sword now isn't it?

sub
04-27-2013, 10:49 AM
He didn't come here asking for a refund, he came here to inform the rest of the player base of his experience. Which he has every right to do.
Yeah!!! What she said. Some folks don't understand what they read, the context of the matter.

Obvious Lee
04-27-2013, 10:50 AM
It does suck and I feel your pain. I should have researched it better too, now seeing that this is Trions 1st MMO also should have know better than to buy before reading these forums they're mostly unsatisfied posts. For those who complain about the complainers it's a double edged sword now isn't it?

..............if this is TRIONS first mmo..............then wts is RIFT?

khanstruct
04-27-2013, 10:52 AM
this is Trions 1st MMO

Umm... wha?

mrgrimezHD
04-27-2013, 10:53 AM

Oh dear,

Looks like someone forgot to do research once again =(

Obvious Lee
04-27-2013, 10:55 AM
swear to god, make a severe enough critical error in your post and it's like committing seppuku in a lions den lmfao

sub
04-27-2013, 11:01 AM
Dude take it from me you are wasting your time and valuable energy on pathetic digs. I would never let ignorance ruin my day. In the future I do recommend just two words GAME STOP. I don't know where you live but in Mass. and New Hampshire you have 7 days to return any new game full cash refund.
In the immortal words of Socrates, " I Drank What"?

Behind You
04-27-2013, 11:02 AM
You sir have not met hammer point interactive.

Sonic Rain Boom
04-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.

Thank you!