PDA

View Full Version : Whats worse: Fanboy Trolls or Complaining Trolls

chefwhitey
04-27-2013, 08:19 AM
Fanboy Trolls: Act like this game is perfect and anyone that says anything bad about it is just flat out wrong. And are completely in denial about anything negative about the game. From bad sales, bad critic reviews, major bugs/ glitches, bad patches, and exc.

Complaining Trolls: They actually hope this game will succeed and see the potential, but try to address the issues instead of burying there heads in the sand. So Trion might notice what there honest customers are thinking about the game.

Rizaun
04-27-2013, 08:21 AM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/Rizaun/corgis8_zps829760d0.jpeg

chefwhitey
04-27-2013, 08:24 AM
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e136/Rizaun/corgis8_zps829760d0.jpeg

the donkey seems out of place

EdgeTW
04-27-2013, 08:25 AM
I've mentioned this before. But, sadly, the people complaining are the ones who will always look like the bad guys, but in reality they're the ones lighting the fires under complacency, being the squeaky wheels and pointing out the problems so the rest can benefit from the fixes. When a game has problems (as this one unquestionably does), I would rather have a forum full of complainers than a forum full of fanboys, as the latter can kill an MMO infinitely easier than the former ever could. If all someone does is sit there and smile, pretending there are no issues and insisting everything will be fine, nothing changes and it reinforces a lack of action.

It is this same kind of horribly flawed thinking that doomed games like SWTOR, as it was *impossible* to criticize any aspect of that game during its development without a legion of Bioware fanboys crashing down on the complainer like a sack of hammers. And it was those same fanboys who were left wondering how everything went so horribly wrong when reality finally set in on them post-launch. I was dismayed to see the same thing happening on the Defiance forums in the months leading up the game's launch.. players so eager to please and be supportive that nobody seemed willing to question any of the design decisions or point out the very obvious problems the game had.

Who would fight for improvements if not the people making the complaints? Not the "fans".. who seem content to play with whatever mess is placed in front of them.

Fiox
04-27-2013, 08:30 AM
Fanboy Trolls: Act like this game is perfect and anyone that says anything bad about it is just flat out wrong. And are completely in denial about anything negative about the game. From bad sales, bad critic reviews, major bugs/ glitches, bad patches, and exc.

Complaining Trolls: They actually hope this game will succeed and see the potential, but try to address the issues instead of burying there heads in the sand. So Trion might notice what there honest customers are thinking about the game.
News flash we know the game has problems but were patient unlike you instant gratification guys who think trion should drop everything and bow to your whim never minding the fact that most of you know jack about programming. The fact that most of you cant even give the game a month at least says as much. While we on the other hand expected this cause we know how typical mmo launches go.

It's called growing pains champ no amount of whining makes it go faster it only makes it annoying to have to read your constant crap everday because you all never shutup so we can't talk about the game cause you keep your wasteful threads all over the front page of w/e platform forum you use. So in turn you get people like us who tell you to just shutup and leave and comeback when they are fixed because we just want to talk about the game and not whine/cry/doomsay that the game is dead or dying when you haven't even let it grow is down right stupid. hell your last thread claiming trion did false advertisement flopped because they never said what you were claiming your EXPECTATIONS of what they said were too high so you have no one to blame but yourself.

Cutlass Jack
04-27-2013, 08:31 AM
Oooh Corgis.

And 'Complaining Trolls' aren't ones that address actual issues constructively. They're the ones who post threads with titles that address issues like "THIS GAME SUX!!1!!" They bring nothing helpful to the game or the forums. They're just there to vent rage and annoy people.

There are many players who are fully capable of discussing issues with the game constructively. They aren't trolls. I've butted heads with Edge above once or twice, but I usually find him erring on the side of being constructive. The OP, not so much. As this thread shows. Nothing constructive at all about this one.

Adryn
04-27-2013, 08:32 AM
It's been my experience thus far that there is little to no evidence of these 'fanboys' as the OP describes them. I for one while loving the game and IP certainly acknowledge it has a good deal of problems. What i have seen frequently is the 'complainers' upon not receiving the response they would like from the rest of the community preceding to become outwardly aggressive, refusing to provide appropriate evidence for their claims or making threads like this one.

This thread has nothing to do with a general discussion of Defiance itself.

MstrJedi_Kyle
04-27-2013, 08:34 AM
Trolls in general are a bad thing. People with legit criticism are ok, people who make accounts to just go "waah waah game sucks lol" are just as bad as people who say "how could you have a negative opinion that is different than my opinion that is awesome!?" Neither accomplish anything and both are bad for forums and game development.

Fiox
04-27-2013, 08:34 AM
I've mentioned this before. But, sadly, the people complaining are the ones who will always look like the bad guys, but in reality they're the ones lighting the fires under complacency, being the squeaky wheels and pointing out the problems so the rest can benefit from the fixes. When a game has problems (as this one unquestionably does), I would rather have a forum full of complainers than a forum full of fanboys, as the latter can kill an MMO infinitely easier than the former ever could. If all someone does is sit there and smile, pretending there are no issues and insisting everything will be fine, nothing changes and it reinforces a lack of action.

It is this same kind of horribly flawed thinking that doomed games like SWTOR, as it was *impossible* to criticize any aspect of that game during its development without a legion of Bioware fanboys crashing down on the complainer like a sack of hammers. And it was those same fanboys who were left wondering how everything went so horribly wrong when reality finally set in on them post-launch. I was dismayed to see the same thing happening on the Defiance forums in the months leading up the game's launch.. players so eager to please and be supportive that nobody seemed willing to question any of the design decisions or point out the very obvious problems the game had.

Who would fight for improvements if not the people making the complaints? Not the "fans".. who seem content to play with whatever mess is placed in front of them.

Your wrong we want to see the game do well I also know your whining isn't helpful in the slightest. Constructive criticism is but most of the whiny crap posted here is just that whiny crap. The fact you didn't expect typical mmo growing pains because of TRIONS Rift launch which is the only exception from what I've heard is laughable.

Bopbarker
04-27-2013, 08:36 AM
I say a lot of positive about the game because it is getting worked on. Yes I am having fun. When I run into a bug I report it. I also check the forums to see if I'm the only one. If I don't find anything I post the bug. I don't just blindly post everything that frustrates me and add to the list of negative threads on the same issues.

EdgeTW
04-27-2013, 08:42 AM
And 'Complaining Trolls' aren't ones that address actual issues constructively. They're the ones who post threads with titles that address issues like "THIS GAME SUX!!1!!" They bring nothing helpful to the game or the forums. They're just there to vent rage and annoy people.

Yeah, there are trolls and there are "trolls". There are players that add nothing, who simply go around posting things like "LOL GAME DEAD IN 2 MONTHS SUCKERS EPIC FAIL".. those are really forum trolls.

And then there are the people who speak up when they're dissatisfied for legitimate reasons, who are not just prepared to roll over and accept that we should be lowering our standards as consumers just because a game is an MMO, etc. Unfortunately, the hardcore "fans" tend to label these people as trolls as well. Because, in their mind, troll = anyone who isn't loving the game and isn't willing to just sit quietly while everything works itself out.

khanstruct
04-27-2013, 08:45 AM
I've mentioned this before. But, sadly, the people complaining are the ones who will always look like the bad guys, but in reality they're the ones lighting the fires under complacency, being the squeaky wheels and pointing out the problems so the rest can benefit from the fixes.

/bug
/feedback

Its really that simple. Posting childish rants here accomplishes nothing.

chefwhitey
04-27-2013, 08:47 AM
News flash we know the game has problems but were patient unlike you instant gratification guys who think trion should drop everything and bow to your whim never minding the fact that most of you know jack about programming. The fact that most of you cant even give the game a month at least says as much. While we on the other hand expected this cause we kinow how typical mmo launches go.

It's called growing pains champ no amount of whining makes it go faster it only makes it annoying to have to read your constant crap everday because you all never shutup so we can't talk about the game cause you keep your wasteful threads all over the front page of w/e platform forum you use. So in turn you get people like us who tell you to just shutup and leave and comeback when they are fixed because we just want to talk about the game and not whine/cry/doomsay that the game is dead or dying when you haven't even let it grow is down right stupid. hell your last thread claiming trion did false advertisement flopped because they never said what you were claiming your EXPECTATIONS of what they said were too high so you have no one to blame but yourself.

So because defiance is an mmo it is acceptable but if it was any other game it wouldn't be acceptable. It appears to me that most mmo's are garbage among the few that are actually good. My expectations were to be able to play hundreds of hours of content! Which they did say! But in all honestly you could beat every mission and side mission in the game in less than 2 days if you just played the quests through. I honestly didn't expect the main story line to be over that fast. After the first couple days of fighting arkfalls, and playing co-op missions. I decided to play the missions out. It took me around 10-15 hours to complete. Then another 3-4 hours to complete all the side quests in the game. that adds up to about 20 hours of real content. Then the rest if the time all your left with is the same co-ops, random events and arkfalls(which gets old really fast) Pvp broken and shadow wars not even playable for first 2 weeks, and 2 deathmatch maps.

Hundreds of hours of content is questionable at best!

khanstruct
04-27-2013, 08:47 AM
So because defiance is an mmo it is acceptable but if it was any other game it wouldn't be acceptable. It appears to me that most mmo's are garbage among the few that are actually good. My expectations were to be able to play hundreds of hours of content! Which they did say! But in all honestly you could beat every mission and side mission in the game in less than 2 days if you just played the quests through. I honestly didn't expect the main story line to be over that fast. After the first couple days of fighting arkfalls, and playing co-op missions. I decided to play the missions out. It took me around 10-15 hours to complete. Then another 3-4 hours to complete all the side quests in the game. that adds up to about 20 hours of real content. Then the rest if the time all your left with is the same co-ops, random events and arkfalls(which gets old really fast) Pvp broken and shadow wars not even playable for first 2 weeks, and 2 deathmatch maps.

I thought you left?

Really? 13-19 hours, and you completed every mission and side mission in the game? I think not.

EdgeTW
04-27-2013, 08:51 AM
/bug
/feedback

Its really that simple. Posting childish rants here accomplishes nothing.

Yeah, I call that the "head in the sand" approach. Maybe you're just not aware that people have been providing bug reports and feedback since alpha and the same problems are still here.

It's really that simple.

Shanks

Well, the second one sounds more like critiquing than complaining trolls. Complaining trolls strike me more of the "this game sucks" without any feedback. In that case, they both probably fall on equal ground.

I have no problem with critiques, and they're kind of important for the feedback process to work. The other two are pretty much useless and not conducive to anything more than a toxic atmosphere.

DrunkenGamerTrae
Love your wonderfully biased overly broad definitions. Yes every troll falls into one of those two sweeping generalizations and you are in no way biased one way or the other. /sarcasm

khanstruct
04-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Yeah, I call that the "head in the sand" approach. Maybe you're just not aware that people have been doing that since alpha and the same problems are still here.

It's really that simple.

Maybe you're not aware of what it takes to build and maintain an MMO across 3 platforms. I'm a game developer, and I can't even begin to imagine their workload right now. The fact that they're taking time to keep the community informed on their progress is freakin saintly of them.

It's also not a "head in the sand" approach. Trust me, they read the bug reports, prioritize them and work on them based on their priority. Again, complaining on the forums won't serve any purpose.

chefwhitey
04-27-2013, 08:55 AM
I thought you left?

Really? 13-19 hours, and you completed every mission and side mission in the game? I think not.

Its a short easy game, not that difficult to play the missions out. there is only like 12-15 main missions and not every one takes an hour. And most of the side missions take les than 5 mins to complete. a lot only take 3 mins. especially if you do them with someone. And play them strait through.

khanstruct
04-27-2013, 08:57 AM
Its a short easy game, not that difficult to play the missions out. there is only like 12-15 main missions and not every one takes an hour. And most of the side missions take les than 5 mins to complete. a lot only take 3 mins. especially if you do them with someone. And play them strait through.

I'm quite aware of the number of missions. I've beat the storyline missions myself (and the episode missions). However, travel time alone makes completing all missions in under 20 hours physically impossible. Even with fast-travel. You are exaggerating... a LOT. I sincerely doubt you've completed all the side missions.

EDIT: So far, I've logged 133 hours in Defiance. Granted, I'm not rushing through side missions, but I do pick them up as I pass by. I do take time for co-op, competitive and shadow wars. But my map is still riddled with side missions.

EdgeTW
04-27-2013, 08:58 AM
Maybe you're not aware of what it takes to build and maintain an MMO across 3 platforms. I'm a game developer, and I can't even begin to imagine their workload right now. The fact that they're taking time to keep the community informed on their progress is freakin saintly of them.

I'm well aware, thanks. Maybe your standards are just lower than mine.

And that you feel the community is being kept informed at to a satisfactory degree, I don't know what to think about that. I think you're letting some occupational bias seep in.

chefwhitey
04-27-2013, 09:01 AM

It's also not a "head in the sand" approach. Trust me, they read the bug reports, prioritize them and work on them based on their priority. Again, complaining on the forums won't serve any purpose.

And honestly should I care how hard it is? They are selling a so called finished product when they launched the game. So my expectations are to receive a quality game. I know there are always going to be bugs, but that doesn't mean that we should except them when this game was unplayable for the first week because servers were shut down constantly! and constantly shut down the following week as well. Servers are getting better but the amount of sales for a MMO were laughable to say the servers were overloaded!

Fiox
04-27-2013, 09:01 AM
So because defiance is an mmo it is acceptable but if it was any other game it wouldn't be acceptable. It appears to me that most mmo's are garbage among the few that are actually good. My expectations were to be able to play hundreds of hours of content! Which they did say! Guess what again your EXPECTATIONS were to high you set up yourself for disappointment not trion you. There is hundreds of hours of content how do I know im at 19 days playtime. I'm sure you'll say again "but pursuits and and challenges arent content". Guess what they are not what you'd call content but it is just like feats in dcuo they serve to make your character stronger and they do here just not in as huge as in dcuo or other mmos. So keep saying there no content but you'll be continuously laughed at. If your gonna whine whine correctly say the content they have isn't up to yours and all the other complainers standards of content which is exactly it.

But in all honestly you could beat every mission and side mission in the game in less than 2 days if you just played the quests through. I honestly didn't expect the main story line to be over that fast. After the first couple days of fighting arkfalls, and playing co-op missions. I decided to play the missions out. It took me around 10-15 hours to complete. Then another 3-4 hours to complete all the side quests in the game. that adds up to about 20 hours of real content. Then the rest if the time all your left with is the same co-ops, random events and arkfalls(which gets old really fast) Pvp broken and shadow wars not even playable for first 2 weeks, and 2 deathmatch maps. Again I'll call your bs here I no lifed it at the beginning for 100 hrs straight and gated the story and other missions till I was finished with an area why because the other part you whiners don't get is unlike most mmos who have their whole basic story/content at launch Defiance the game is gated by Defiance the show meaning you wont have the full story till Season 1 ends to see what the whole game is. Which is partly the reason I don't take people like you seriously. The fact you though it would have as much content as an typical mmo while being restricted by a show is laughable.

lol10chars.

EdgeTW
04-27-2013, 09:04 AM

Because community personnel don't file daily/weekly reports on the current forum hot topics, right? Are you sure you work in the industry?

DejaVooDoo
04-27-2013, 09:04 AM

Can you tell us what game company you develop for? If you consider trion's lack of substantive communication thus far to be "saintly", I'd really like to avoid buying a game from your company. If you think trion's lack of agility (or basic foresight) when it comes to hotfixes meets the industry standard, I'd really like to avoid buying a game from your company.

Cynical Jester
04-27-2013, 09:07 AM
Heels make me feel pretty!

http://kirbymuseum.org/blogs/kirby/wp-content/uploads/2008/04/whap.jpg

Just had to make a new thread that you could ***** in instead of actually giving any kind of constructive criticism eh? While you try to differentiate a troll from a "troll fanboy" while not really understanding the meaning or using it in the right context..

I don't think I've read once someone saying they think the game is perfect... I have however seen it re-iterated many times that their is a proper way of going about things...

Creating flame threads is not constructive and falls on deaf ears (At least ears that can't do anything about the game)..

Enjoy your new attention thread though..By the way.. I hear Disney gives out free hugs.. seems you could use one.

EdgeTW
04-27-2013, 09:08 AM
I'm quite aware of the number of missions. I've beat the storyline missions myself (and the episode missions). However, travel time alone makes completing all missions in under 20 hours physically impossible. Even with fast-travel. You are exaggerating... a LOT. I sincerely doubt you've completed all the side missions.

EDIT: So far, I've logged 133 hours in Defiance. Granted, I'm not rushing through side missions, but I do pick them up as I pass by. I do take time for co-op, competitive and shadow wars. But my map is still riddled with side missions.

I don't think I'm anywhere close to completing the story or side missions, as my schedule and style of content consumption lends itself to a slower kind of pacing.

But I'm not going to pretend players weren't on the forums on release day posting that they completed the missions. There are MMOs with much more "questing" content than Defiance has (most of them, actually), and it's not uncommon for players to push through them in two or three days.

chefwhitey
04-27-2013, 09:09 AM

Sit down and just focus on side missions with a buddy. you will blow through them. And Like I said I was shocked that there was only about 12 main missions. I thought the game was much longer. At first I was rushing through the main missions to get to san fran, but once I got there I didnt realize that there was only like 4-5 missions after that. I beat the game the first week.

Cynical Jester
04-27-2013, 09:10 AM
Sit down and just focus on side missions with a buddy. you will blow through them. And Like I said I was shocked that there was only about 12 main missions. I thought the game was much longer. At first I was rushing through the main missions to get to san fran, but once I got there I didnt realize that there was only like 4-5 missions after that. I beat the game the first week.

You beat the game huh? So how does the story end?

knighttwin1
04-27-2013, 09:10 AM

Complaining trolls since they don't address such issues most of them just plain out say the game sucks because of this and that and never say anything constructive to help resolve or remove a issue. Also they've already created or I like to say spammed the forums with this game sucks or give me a refund threads that are completely pointless.

chefwhitey
04-27-2013, 09:14 AM
You beat the game huh? So how does the story end?

Wow you are a mega nerd! I beat the game to its completion of the content that was shipped with out any expansions added. Like most games you beat what was shipped and then you get expansion packs to keep playing the game. It ended in a cliffhanger btw...

chefwhitey
04-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Complaining trolls since they don't address such issues most of them just plain out say the game sucks because of this and that and never say anything constructive to help resolve or remove a issue. Also they've already created or I like to say spammed the forums with this game sucks or give me a refund threads that are completely pointless.
A lot of the time they start out trying to be constructive, but then they get trolled by fanboys and then there threads end up like that. I seen way to many that has happened too.

EdgeTW
04-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Unfortunately, there is no doubt in my mind this thread is going to get locked sooner or later, and I said (and stand by) everything I wanted to say in my first two posts.. so, good luck!

Cynical Jester
04-27-2013, 09:19 AM
Wow you are a mega nerd! I beat the game to its completion of the content that was shipped with out any expansions added. Like most games you beat what was shipped and then you get expansion packs to keep playing the game. It ended in a cliffhanger btw...

Rather be a "mega nerd" (which ironically sounds way more nerdy than anything I'd say but....) I'd rather be that than an attention *****.

I also highly doubt you've completed every goal under season 1 pursuits.

Embril
04-27-2013, 09:19 AM
But, sadly, the people complaining are the ones who will always look like the bad guys, but in reality they're the ones lighting the fires under complacency, being the squeaky wheels and pointing out the problems so the rest can benefit from the fixes.

"Oh my god, ****butt4237 hates the way that quest works...get someone on that, right away!" -- example of something that never happens and never will in the history of ever

If enough people say something and provide feedback about one particular system, then sure. Things get changed with that system. That's feedback, however, not complaining, and the two aren't the same at all.

I've never seen a game where people whining and complaining constantly ever helped anything. Give constructive feedback if you don't like something, post away. The complaining does nothing but drown out worthwhile feedback, however, and drives people away that have any intention of communicating anything but frustration. It also drowns out the voices of people that aren't upset, and forcing changes on their happy playerbase to appease the loudest group is a mistake that way too many MMO developers make considering the small hardcore group of players that even posts to the forums.

Complaining like you see it on the forum right now is cancerous to a game's society, especially when the game lacks a coherent chat system for people to communicate in-game away from it right now.

RegularX
04-27-2013, 09:24 AM
Because community personnel don't file daily/weekly reports on the current forum hot topics, right? Are you sure you work in the industry?

I think the mistake a lot of the people who either keep making the same thread over and over, or necro up old ones, or repeat the same complaint - is that it isn't nearly as hot of a topic as you might think. Oh, it's hot for YOU - sure, but that simply beating that drum over and over again doesn't mean that Trion is going to suddenly be like "oh wow, we better make our leveling system work like WoW or whatnot".

Like the thread that just popped up that Defiance was sold under false marketing. That thread has two possible outcomes: it will let the OP troll on, or it will get locked. That is all.

Paklo
04-27-2013, 09:25 AM
Internet patching and updates have made game developers weak. They skip debugging and go straight to release. Figuring that the people who purchase the product will do their work for them and they can fix the problems later, and only if they absolutly have to. Meanwhile they can release their product earlier. There was a time that a game had to be debugged before it shipped. And gamers weren't a bunch of weak willed brainwashed fanboy sheep who let the industry abuse them while picking their pockets clean.

I get that it's hard to run these games, but it's their job. Just like the job I have, that earned the 60 bucks that I bought the game with. Now their game is bugged but my money seemed to work just fine. Doesn't sound like an equal trade to me.

RegularX
04-27-2013, 09:26 AM
A lot of the time they start out trying to be constructive, but then they get trolled by fanboys and then there threads end up like that. I seen way to many that has happened too.

Says the guy who started a thread accusing Defiance of being sold fraudulently.

khanstruct
04-27-2013, 09:26 AM
I've never seen a game where people whining and complaining constantly ever helped anything.

Well sure! Star Wars Galaxies, NGE!

...oh wait :/

wilks
04-27-2013, 09:28 AM

Or people get frustrated with a buggy game and try to make their complaints while they're still mad. Doesn't mean they don't have a point to make. But yea, the message can be lost in a bad way.

khanstruct
04-27-2013, 09:28 AM
Internet patching and updates have made game developers weak. They skip debugging and go straight to release. Figuring that the people who purchase the product will do their work for them and they can fix the problems later, and only if they absolutly have to. Meanwhile they can release their product earlier. There was a time that a game had to be debugged before it shipped. And gamers weren't a bunch of weak willed brainwashed fanboy sheep who let the industry abuse them while picking their pockets clean.

I get that it's hard to run these games, but it's their job. Just like the job I have, that earned the 60 bucks that I bought the game with. Now their game is bugged but my money seemed to work just fine. Doesn't sound like an equal trade to me.

The biggest issue that Trion had was that they couldn't adjust the release date. Without exception, the game HAD to be released before the show aired.

I don't doubt that they would have loved to have pushed things back another month. They simply couldn't.

chefwhitey
04-27-2013, 09:30 AM
rather be a "mega nerd" (which ironically sounds way more nerdy than anything I'd say but....) I'd rather be that than an attention *****.

After doing those pursuits for a couple days I realized how pointless and boring they were. I was a 1,000 ego and saw no real benefit of leveling up. And once they put that crappy huge patch in I stopped playing. Way more fun games to play then to grind pursuits for no real reward. Maybe if you got great rewards then I could see it but other than that whats the point.

BTW: If thats what you really look like then you will never get laid. Joking, joking, but seriously. Never!

Bopbarker
04-27-2013, 09:36 AM
And honestly should I care how hard it is? They are selling a so called finished product when they launched the game. So my expectations are to receive a quality game. I know there are always going to be bugs, but that doesn't mean that we should except them when this game was unplayable for the first week because servers were shut down constantly! and constantly shut down the following week as well. Servers are getting better but the amount of sales for a MMO were laughable to say the servers were overloaded!

You expected a finished product from a brand new MMO.

Yet you seem to know that MMO's are not finished and progress with more content over time.

You also say that the game was unplayable for the first two weeks. I played a bunch during the first two weeks myself, and seeing how I was playing with other people I was not the only one that could get in on this unplayable game.

abakai
04-27-2013, 09:37 AM
It appears I have been lied to. At school I was taught the Heliocentric model. Now though, I find that the Earth in fact goes around the OP.

chefwhitey
04-27-2013, 09:42 AM
You expected a finished product from a brand new MMO.

Yet you seem to know that MMO's are not finished and progress with more content over time.

You also say that the game was unplayable for the first two weeks. I played a bunch during the first two weeks myself, and seeing how I was playing with other people I was not the only one that could get in on this unplayable game.

1: I expected more than this crappy launch, like we all should

2: The only time the game actually functioned well was early morning through the early afternoon. Once the kids got out of school servers went down off an on through out primetime. But since you got the game on release you should of known that.

mattlewis
04-27-2013, 09:42 AM
stupid threads are worse than both. i mean... who cares? i think when people gather on a forum to talk about a game... complaining about complaining is uneventful. fanboys love the game... so what? do you? complainers complain...so what? did you?
and the answer is, of course yes you did...or you are... and here we go again full circle in this redundant battle of wits. i think the game is awesome and of course it isn't perfect... but it is fun. a crapload of fun. my only complaint since i bought the game refers to the two freeze ups i had last night.

khanstruct
04-27-2013, 09:47 AM
The only time the game actually functioned well was early morning through the early afternoon. Once the kids got out of school servers went down off an on through out primetime. But since you got the game on release you should of known that.

Nope. Like bopbarker, I played a LOT during the first 2 weeks (and still do). So it was clearly not "unplayable".

Dave Blackwell
04-27-2013, 09:50 AM
My expectations were to be able to play hundreds of hours of content! Which they did say! But in all honestly you could beat every mission and side mission in the game in less than 2 days if you just played the quests through. I honestly didn't expect the main story line to be over that fast. After the first couple days of fighting arkfalls, and playing co-op missions. I decided to play the missions out. It took me around 10-15 hours to complete. Then another 3-4 hours to complete all the side quests in the game. that adds up to about 20 hours of real content. Then the rest if the time all your left with is the same co-ops, random events and arkfalls(which gets old really fast) Pvp broken and shadow wars not even playable for first 2 weeks, and 2 deathmatch maps.

I'm sorry, but I couldn't help but post in response to this, If you had finish the main missions and side missions within two days and everything else in under 20 hours you have no one to blame but yourself for not pacing yourself. I am constantly telling people to slow down when they buy games because they always speed through them, then they are left bored and annoyed because they have nothing else to do; they're own fault - not the game.

There is hundreds of hours of content, I still have alot left to complete, why? do you ask? Because I like many others, no doubt, are pacing ourselves out as we expected to not have new content for a while as there are more important issues to be addressed.

I beat the game to its completion of the content that was shipped with out any expansions added. Like most games you beat what was shipped and then you get expansion packs to keep playing the game. It ended in a cliffhanger btw...

So, going by your statement you have also completed the many pursuits and other extra content found within the game itself? This I find very hard to believe. The game ended in a cliffhanger because, guess what? There's going to eventually be more to Defiance before the end of the year so wind your neck in, think realistically and calm down.

There are going to be expansions to the game, the reason why the new content was pushed back was because bug fixing and patching took priority over new content. I assume you don't understand the reason behind it hence why you're complaining about the lack of content. But the reason for this was because if Trion had added more content to the game there would be ten fold the unanticipated bugs which would lead to the servers being down for even longer than if they done what they're doing.

Once again patience is a virtue it seems that is strongly lacking with OPs of threads similar to this.

mattlewis
04-27-2013, 09:53 AM
i agree with Bopbarker 150 %

Mischief_
04-27-2013, 09:56 AM
Well sure! Star Wars Galaxies, NGE!

...oh wait :/

We all know what happens to a well built MMO that listens to what the complaining trolls does.. Didnt really pan out well for Sony when they tried to turn a game of Chess into a game of Checkers...

Rather be a "mega nerd" (which ironically sounds way more nerdy than anything I'd say but....) I'd rather be that than an attention *****.

^^This

Sonic Rain Boom
04-27-2013, 10:02 AM
Hi everyone,

We have closed this thread and would like to take a moment to explain why. We do welcome all feedback, even when it is negative or critical, but we do ask that it is respectful and constructive, please.

While we understand that it is frustrating to read negative posts and threads, creating threads to "reply" to or otherwise discuss these threads is not constructive and typically results in more disruption.

If anyone has questions or concerns about this thread closure, please feel free to contact us at community@defiance.com.
Thank you!