PDA

View Full Version : Tier 3 or tier 4 boxes

TechnoSausage
04-27-2013, 09:45 AM
Where have you got your orange weapons?

Tier 3 or tier 4 boxes?

I've farmed so many key codes but always choose tier 3 boxes with no joy
Anyone got an orange from tier 3 boxes or is tier 4 the way to go?

VARaphael
04-27-2013, 10:36 AM
I have found the majority of my Oranges from Tier 4, but I hear Tier 3 works almost as well for finding Orange items. Plus it's more economical for your keystones. Come Monday (when we are supposed to get the patch) you won't be able to farm keystones as easily as the emergencies will no longer give them out to my understanding, so long term, tier 3s may be the way to go.

Airwave
04-27-2013, 06:49 PM
I got one in tier 3. was i very lucky i don't know I have got about 5 more 3's with no luck. But because of cost i think I will stick to them.

Sludge
04-27-2013, 06:58 PM
There is math in the forum that shows tier 2 as being the best oranges per key ratio. You have a higher percentage per box with tier 4 but tier 2 gives you more overall draws, and thus more overall chance at an orange.

cusman
04-27-2013, 09:56 PM
Do the Perks you have equipped matter at all? Some of them are related to loot so I wonder...

maverick07
04-28-2013, 02:01 AM
Do the Perks you have equipped matter at all? Some of them are related to loot so I wonder...

Pretty sure that the perks that you equip in the EGO are related to enemy drops only and not lockboxes. I'm not sure about the boosts from bits but I didn't notice anything during the free boost period that we got.

I prefer Tier 3s. Tier 2s might get you more chances though I tend to get a lot of greens out of them. And Tier 4s haven't been very profitable for me either. It's different for everyone but Tier 3s just seem best for me overall.

dAcHrOnIc
04-28-2013, 02:20 AM
I have 6 oranges and an orange shield.
ALL of which came from a Tier 3.

Farm key codes, buy one Tier 4, spend 64 codes for four chances to get orange.
Or farm codes, buy 3 Tier, spend 72 codes and have nine chances to get orange.

Do the math.