PDA

View Full Version : What is capture and hold?

Felps
04-27-2013, 09:50 AM
If it is Shadow War then I'm missing some pursuits here...

Can someone explain to me?

Forsaken Demon
04-27-2013, 09:54 AM
I'm pretty sure that game type is only played on Freight Yard but that map is apparently so f***ed up they're either going to remove it entirely or nobody will see it for a long time.

MacDeath
04-27-2013, 09:57 AM
If it is Shadow War then I'm missing some pursuits here...

Can someone explain to me?
It's a game played by two teams that has strategic points. Each team trys to capature and then hold (defend) these points. Examples are Arathi Basin in WoW and Freight Yard in Defiance.

Riz
04-28-2013, 04:29 AM
Funny that we need that Capture and Hold-stuff for the Episode2 pursuits... Which is now impossible to accomplish lol... Its ok to remove a broken part from the game, but at least remove (or replace) it in the pursuits as well so we can get that done.

LifeExpectancy
04-28-2013, 04:51 AM
They did take the capture and hold one out of Episode 2's pursuits. However, it is complete shtako that Freight isn't in the game. I don't buy the line of crap that its broken. Sledgehammer himself said here on the forums somewhere that Freight was taken out for the same reason as Dam Defense: Experience Exploits. Who the frak cares about exp exploits? We just want to play the map! And people have powered through to Ego 3000-5000 already anyway so worrying about people exploiting it to level up is absolutely ridiculous.

Put Freight back in the dam game! Its not broken and we know it.

4ndreas
04-28-2013, 05:11 AM
The sad thing is, the fact that they cant handle capture and hold breaks other things too (Echelo Contracts) which even the GMs can't help you with.

Felps
04-28-2013, 12:32 PM
Hey MacDeath I know how to play that mode x3 I asked because Shadow War is a type of capture and hold lol. Anyways they should at least remove the relevant goals in pursuits so we can complete them...

Lupus Interuptus
04-28-2013, 12:33 PM
its in the game but only the initiated fanboys can activate it

nathanpbutler
04-28-2013, 02:40 PM
They did take the capture and hold one out of Episode 2's pursuits.

Only for Xbox 360 and PC so far. It is still up on PS3 due to lack of patching.

Remag Div
04-28-2013, 03:27 PM
Honestly, it's BS that the PvP pursuits still have them in there. I understand it will be in eventually for if you're not going to fix in months time then remove them and add them in later when it becomes available.

Jules
04-28-2013, 11:01 PM
Why would they keep the contract then?! It's so frustrating because it cannot be completed and you cannot get the outfit for it!

BrassRazoo
04-28-2013, 11:09 PM
Why would they keep the contract then?! It's so frustrating because it cannot be completed and you cannot get the outfit for it!

When and if they remove it I hope they can also fix the Arkfall and PvP pursuits that keep resetting.

Ryan
04-28-2013, 11:23 PM
I just need freightyard for the achievement then for contracts. If it isn't returned to the game it'll be alittle upsetting with 2 achievements that rely on you being able to play it to unlock them.

Bushmaster2000
04-29-2013, 05:48 AM
I think it's BS they have an achievement tied to a game mode/map that doesn't exist in the game. pretty sure that violates terms of use for achievements with Microsoft.

Felps
04-29-2013, 01:43 PM
I think it's BS they have an achievement tied to a game mode/map that doesn't exist in the game. pretty sure that violates terms of use for achievements with Microsoft.

And what about PC and PS3? Does it violate their terms too? Don't get me wrong, curious here really!