PDA

View Full Version : Message from Trion's big man [teers included]

exxcess
04-27-2013, 11:06 AM
Hey all, here is yet another message from the big man at Trion reiterating issues from alpha/beta with no new info: http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/27/serious-improvements-serious-business/

Currently at 2200 with 70/104 pursuits done. Have yet to and do not plan to grind out broken pvp/ark, tier 3 and final combat, rep pursuits. While some may consider the game not 'completed or finished' until these are done, I don't consider grinding thees out in starter areas a rewarding experience. IMO, these pursuits are meant to be accomplished throughout the game, not an excuse to remain occupied due to limited content.

Trions 'new content' has amounted to nothing more than a couple more go fetch pursuits. This game at the moment is a pathetic excuse for MMO, in the context of group experience there is nothing you can do without pub groups. There is nothing of challenge that requires bigger groups or coordination. If current major arks which are completed by cartards driving circles are any indication of future plans I don't hold high hopes.

While I agree that I don't have the right to demand information, on the other hand there is no sense for Trion to expect players to wade in this shallow pool for much longer.

Can anyone rekindle my flame for this game?

Thee Apothecary
04-27-2013, 11:13 AM
there should always be challenges for doing extra work

khanstruct
04-27-2013, 11:15 AM
I agree that I would like to see some more depth to the "multiplayer" part of MMO. There isn't much reason to have a guild other than camaraderie and unlocking some pursuits. (Clan inventory/bank, clanmates being able to actually use the items I give them, etc.) I'm also anxiously awaiting more mission content.

In the meantime, focus on some of your contracts and do some shadow wars. They're always a good time! Also, gathering keycodes to (hopefully) land some orange/legendary gear is also fun.

exxcess
04-27-2013, 11:15 AM
there should always be challenges for doing extra work

Could you please elaborate?

If you mean challenges that currently exist, 50000 kills for living to kill VI is more of long chore than a challange :S

Strontium
04-27-2013, 11:55 AM
Cartards haha. Classic. My recommendation, go play another game for a while and come back. You are just burnt out.

DrummerX
04-27-2013, 11:59 AM
Cartards haha. Classic. My recommendation, go play another game for a while and come back. You are just burnt out.

If its gotten you to come to the forums to post something like that then I whole heartily recommend Strontium's comment and just go play another game till the DLC comes out. I myself enjoy the heck out of this game, granted I'm just doing Co-ops and contracts with a small group of my friends but I'm having a hell of a time leveling my weps skills and screwing around in co-ops trying to get one of my buddies blown up by a barrel in pvp or racing each other to get the contracts complete Plus helping the few stragglers that only play weekends and want help doing some of the pursuits.

Elgand
04-27-2013, 12:03 PM
You do realize that arkfall tier three simply requires you to focus on one kind of arkfall right? Just do hellbug arkfalls and the pursuit should complete pretty quickly. It is broken in that it resets when you do a different form of arkfall, but the workaround works for those of us who still want to complete the pursuit.

Tgreen
04-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Can anyone rekindle my flame for this game?

I could borrow you my lighter. : o

Love your title ... the portmanteau for 'adolescent tears' is well done indeed and already a hint that not the 'big man' but you will do all the QQ.

Trions 'new content' has amounted to nothing more than a couple more go fetch pursuits.

For such a young game, not bad. What they added was all right, nothing fancy though.
There was only one content patch and how many could there possibly have been in three weeks? I don't know how many new coops you think there should be. Delusional expectations my friend are your burden to carry, not Trions.

And if anything it's information you're entitled to, since you are a potential customer for DLCs or bits Trion should worry about you staying well informed.

K A S H I H A R A D
04-27-2013, 12:24 PM
I could borrow you my lighter. : o

I'm sure I could dust off one of my sister's Boys 2 Men albums to aid in this cause...

Maybe a couple candles too?