PDA

View Full Version : Is the game worth it?

Alorexxx
04-27-2013, 02:31 PM
I love MMOs and I started with Final Fantasy XI for the PS2 then switched to it on Xbox 360 and I would love to be involved with another MMO...but people are reviewing this game badly...So I just want to know do people faithfully play this game?

Ikagawa
04-27-2013, 02:34 PM
If you're expecting Final Fantasy XI or any other MMORPG, then you are going to be exceptionally disappointed.

Lower your expectations so they're in line with how the developers are approaching the game: As a shooter first, an MMO second.

That said, this game is buggy and shallow as hell, but I still enjoyed what little content was in game and I feel it was worth what I paid.

Alorexxx
04-27-2013, 02:40 PM
Alright, thanks alot for the information

Fatalmephisto
04-27-2013, 02:42 PM
While the game has its problems as do all MMO's on the market. Along with the lack of content that everyone is complaining about. that will change with the Show and DLC along with Patches that will bring us new content as well. This game just needs a little more time then most MMO's on the market.

Alorexxx
04-27-2013, 02:55 PM
So is it worth the 60?

Fatalmephisto
04-27-2013, 03:05 PM
So is it worth the 60?

for long term content yes, for short form content I'm still going to say yes but most people will say NO.

Alorexxx
04-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Alright thanks alot for your help!

fryman
04-27-2013, 03:24 PM
I watched the TV show and it make me want to buy the game, I opted for the cheaper PC version as I wasnt sure about it due to the reviews.

I have only been playing about a week but I do feel like this game is worth the price I paid, I am enjoying it currently and I have also now purchased the Season Pass.

Hopefully Trion will get the bugs sorted and make this game what it should be and what they are capable of making. If not I wont lose any sleep though

Defy
04-27-2013, 03:27 PM
I think it is worth it, though there are still some things that need improvement

RegularX
04-27-2013, 03:50 PM
If running around a big world in an ATV and shooting a bunch of aliens and mutants sounds like fun - then, yes.

But I wouldn't bring FFXI or other MMO's to the table as an assumption before buying. The game is very different.

axiod
04-27-2013, 03:57 PM
its a mmo but not a mmorpg.. remember that..

HellOnOrion
04-27-2013, 03:59 PM
I love MMOs and I started with Final Fantasy XI for the PS2 then switched to it on Xbox 360 and I would love to be involved with another MMO...but people are reviewing this game badly...So I just want to know do people faithfully play this game?

as long as you understand the game isnt polished yet and are ok with that... as far as how fun it is? ive logged 3 days and still enjoy small things like just driving around being stupid.... guess each person has their own opinions

Defy
04-27-2013, 04:01 PM

MMOTPS, to be precise

Rasczak
04-27-2013, 04:02 PM
Lower your expectations

That is pretty much all I tell people now, especially since most who ask me are in Rift and we know Trion from that game.

Just lower them. No . . . lower. No . . . lower still.

.... almost there....

Kel Rossik
04-27-2013, 04:05 PM
While the game has its problems as do all MMO's on the market. Along with the lack of content that everyone is complaining about. that will change with the Show and DLC along with Patches that will bring us new content as well. This game just needs a little more time then most MMO's on the market.

I agree with meph. It seems a bit short on content but it is a new release and I'm sure they have loads in store for us. Honestly I'd rather have it release smaller increments more often that larger ones less often just because I hate waiting. I would say it's worth the 60 now. Later on it will definitely be. Don't buy into all of the doom and gloom on here. Most of the people that actually enjoy the game don't play 10 hours a day or are actually pretty realistic when it comes to content releases. 5 DLC's in one year is far better than 1 major patch every 1.5 years but that is just my opinion. We will have to honestly wait for the first DLC to really see where this game is headed.

Era
04-27-2013, 04:35 PM

It's an MMOTPSRPG. There aren't that many elements necessary to call a game an RPG although there are plenty of elements common to many RPGs that people have mistakely come to think of as part of the definition. The term actually refers to storytelling more than gameplay and Defiance totally qualifies.