PDA

View Full Version : REQUEST - BUFF the VOT Disruptor

Verios44
04-27-2013, 02:54 PM
I really do enjoy the VOT disruptor. I like its burst fire, but the only problem with them is that they do not do enough damage fast enough. At 116x9 , a disruptor full volley only tallies up to 1044 total non critical, non buffed damage. Compared to a saw or even a rocker, that damage output is way too low. And because of this alone, I do not feel like I contribute that much in instances when I use it.

The easy to fix this issue would to increase the base damage. It wont even need a large boost even. Take the damage to 200 and the Disruptor volley almost doubles. Don't change anything else and I feel it would be used more often.

Verios44
04-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Bomp

Comeon, feels deprived

Ryan
04-27-2013, 04:45 PM
You might have a point. I've only used SAWs because they're so good I have no need to try out the other types. I'm going to find a Dusruptor and try it out today.

Verios44
04-27-2013, 04:55 PM
It acts like a LMG shotgun and thats why I love them, just wish they had more punch

crasher
04-27-2013, 05:06 PM
One of the main reasons I prefer the SAW is the bigger box mag size.

Besides that the Disrupter is a peach.

Tgreen
04-27-2013, 05:34 PM
There are a lot of weapons that need some fine tuning, major buff or even some nerf.
VOT Disruptor is probably in the first category, it deals OK damage (it's actually better than the VBI LMG) and I can get results when I usde some to level LMGs after I ran out of SAWs to burn through.
Personally I feel like the damage is in the right place, but the critical modifier and firing speed could be altered to make the weapon not only better in terms of numbers but also more pleasing to use.

I guess all of the balancing tweaks will happen soon enough but I can't imagine Trion thinks of this as a priority.

4ndreas
04-27-2013, 05:40 PM
Valid enough. As it is I haven't touched my Orange Disruptor and I never will except to get the Pursuit.

VINNY001
04-27-2013, 05:51 PM
i have one for sale ego 1938 synergy stalker x1.10 Mag 15% grenade recharge on kill

Muffins
04-27-2013, 06:04 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you guys since I can see it as plausible, but tried adding the +Burst magazine to it? I always imagined they made such a mod for these types of weapons to make an astonishing difference.

4ndreas
04-27-2013, 06:07 PM
I'm not disagreeing with you guys since I can see it as plausible, but tried adding the +Burst magazine to it? I always imagined they made such a mod for these types of weapons to make an astonishing difference.

From what I read it doesn't work as advertised, as in it doesn't increase burst size on burst weapons.

Pyth
04-27-2013, 06:08 PM
They need to bring up all of the other LMGs to at least come close to the SAW, not just the Disruptor. The magnum/bullrush need serious help as well.

Oh, and Sawed Off reload time needs to be lowered by default.

I wont even touch on Rocket Launchers. Even God can't help them now.

Armitage
04-27-2013, 06:33 PM
Agreed. Atm, even the Mazu feels superior. Burst-fire doesn't really scream "light machine gun"...but I can even deal with that. Mag size and dmg need a buff to account for burst, though. Otherwise, it's sort of a VoTech doorstop.

urmurgurd
04-27-2013, 06:35 PM
i personally love the disruptor too, however, i think it is fine the way it is, my vision for it is to proc nano effects, not be top damage. you will almost always proc the nano effect with the first burst. 112x3 pellets x 3 round burst= 9 indipendant projectiles that can proc the nano effect. you wanna control a croud use a electric disruptor, you wanna tank use a syphon disruptor. ect... same goes for the vot blast rifle. they both have their purpose. heck you wanna get lots of damage get a fire disruptor, and start tagging mobs at an ark fall, get those mobs all blazing a bunch of dots scrolling damage all at once, thats alot of damage

as far as the controlled burst magazine goes i was disapointed when i put it on any thing but the heavy assault rifle, turns that single shot rifle into a burst fir weapon, but doesnlt do any thing for any other gun

Tgreen
04-27-2013, 08:07 PM
From what I read it doesn't work as advertised, as in it doesn't increase burst size on burst weapons.

The mod adds a burst to regular weapons and sets the burst to whatever number the mod gives you. The +burst is very misleading.

Atm, even the Mazu feels superior.

The VOT Mazu is a genuinly good weapon ... even if it looks like a toy.

my vision for it is to proc nano effects, not be top damage.

Nano effect chance appears not to be the same for every weapon type. There might be even a difference between critical and normal hits without the perk, but that's almost impossible to tell.
If you want to see the difference for yourself get a Wolfhound with siphon.

Cassan
04-29-2013, 05:28 PM
This is my two cents- from having chose Machinist as my starting 'class' and used the SAW LMG, as well as a few of the others, and finally settling on the Disruptor for its wicked look, and burst-fire. Also I was a machine gunner assigned to the M240 and M249 in the Army.

1) This weapon is not an LMG. Simply put any sort of machine gun will have an automatic fire capability- whether that auto-fire is a reduced rounds per minute so that it supplies controlled suppressive fire, or very fast RPM, it must be automatic capable to be considered a machine gun. A 3-round burst capable weapon does not mean it is automatic. It simply means it fires 3-rounds with every squeeze of the trigger. This is the standard when judging ASSAULT RIFLES.

-However, an assault rifle can also have automatic capability- but this does not make it a 'machine gun' by the military's definition. Generally speaking an assault rifle will have a 'selector switch allowing the user to switch from semi-auto, to 3-round, or full-auto. It is not uncommon to see assault rifles with only one mode of fire, however, semi-auto does not make a rifle an assault rifle unless it is equipped with a grenade launching device.

2) The functioning of the Disruptor as it stands now puts it directly into the assault rifle category. Yet, it does horrendous damage when compared to even this class.

3) The best way to remedy this situation in my opinion is to make the rifle fire a VERY fast 3-round burst- with incredible accuracy at short-medium range (better than it has now). These sorts of weapons are being created by several military around the world. Essentially what the Disruptor compares to is the high RPM's generated by some of today's new actions installed in assault rifles. The point of the higher velocity in each burst is to penetrate military grade body armor.

-The Disruptor NEEDS to be reclassified as a Assault Rifle, and not a LMG. With the damage output also increased mildly but not drastically. This way people get the weapon that we have been discussing. A nano-effect producing weapon, and a moderate DMG output which does not take away from the weapon's abilities. Also, the reclassifying the weapon makes Trion look good. (Unless you guys wanna jump on the bandwagon that all firearms are assault weapons and an LMG does not have to be automatic, in which I think you might be losing some of your American players).

All in all the Disruptor looks beautiful. No offense to my fellow Earthlings, but if we were ever plucked down into this conflict in real life and having to choose sides I would roll Votan (Castithan) just to have access to this exotic looking weapon.

Warlander
04-29-2013, 05:47 PM
DIsruptor is a long range shot gun, you need to get crit shots, body shots suck, learn how to use it and its a beast.

Cassan
04-29-2013, 05:53 PM
DIsruptor is a long range shot gun, you need to get crit shots, body shots suck, learn how to use it and its a beast.

Dude, constructive feedback please. I think your comment proves why we say it needs to buffed. But please if you and I were ever to engage in the field of combat in the real world use your judgement and choose a somewhat longer ranged shotgun with pathetic penetration as your Light Machine Gun. I'll choose something better and show you how that game is played. ;)

Verios44
04-29-2013, 05:59 PM
This is my two cents- from having chose Machinist as my starting 'class' and used the SAW LMG, as well as a few of the others, and finally settling on the Disruptor for its wicked look, and burst-fire. Also I was a machine gunner assigned to the M240 and M249 in the Army.

1) This weapon is not an LMG. Simply put any sort of machine gun will have an automatic fire capability- whether that auto-fire is a reduced rounds per minute so that it supplies controlled suppressive fire, or very fast RPM, it must be automatic capable to be considered a machine gun. A 3-round burst capable weapon does not mean it is automatic. It simply means it fires 3-rounds with every squeeze of the trigger. This is the standard when judging ASSAULT RIFLES.

-However, an assault rifle can also have automatic capability- but this does not make it a 'machine gun' by the military's definition. Generally speaking an assault rifle will have a 'selector switch allowing the user to switch from semi-auto, to 3-round, or full-auto. It is not uncommon to see assault rifles with only one mode of fire, however, semi-auto does not make a rifle an assault rifle unless it is equipped with a grenade launching device.

2) The functioning of the Disruptor as it stands now puts it directly into the assault rifle category. Yet, it does horrendous damage when compared to even this class.

3) The best way to remedy this situation in my opinion is to make the rifle fire a VERY fast 3-round burst- with incredible accuracy at short-medium range (better than it has now). These sorts of weapons are being created by several military around the world. Essentially what the Disruptor compares to is the high RPM's generated by some of today's new actions installed in assault rifles. The point of the higher velocity in each burst is to penetrate military grade body armor.

-The Disruptor NEEDS to be reclassified as a Assault Rifle, and not a LMG. With the damage output also increased mildly but not drastically. This way people get the weapon that we have been discussing. A nano-effect producing weapon, and a moderate DMG output which does not take away from the weapon's abilities. Also, the reclassifying the weapon makes Trion look good. (Unless you guys wanna jump on the bandwagon that all firearms are assault weapons and an LMG does not have to be automatic, in which I think you might be losing some of your American players).

All in all the Disruptor looks beautiful. No offense to my fellow Earthlings, but if we were ever plucked down into this conflict in real life and having to choose sides I would roll Votan (Castithan) just to have access to this exotic looking weapon.

I like this comparison to RL. Anyways, even boosting base damage to 150 and increasing fire rate by lets say 25% in my mind would make the Disruptor more useful than it is. Well, its almost showtime.

I would also say that I enjoy almost every Votan weapon in the game. More than the human ones anyways.

DustOfDeath
04-29-2013, 06:07 PM
its spread is insane, its burst and fairily low damage.

Kailee
04-29-2013, 06:16 PM
If anything needs a buff tbh, its snipers (bolt actions specifically) sure they have high 1shot damage but in comparison to AR's its laughable, why would i use 1 round of 5 in a clip to rely on a headshot for a 4-6k crit with level 20 snipers, when i can pull 4k in a 3 round burst with AR from the same range and still have around 22 or so more rounds in the same clip.

Bolt action Snipers in comparison to LMG's and AR's are purely a joke in sustainable damage.
Take into consideration the reload time for every cycle and magazine

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 06:18 PM
The model and size and the fact that there is no other VOT LMG makes the category feel quite OK.

And it is a pretty slow firing 9 round burst costing you 3 ammo for balancing purposes. That each of those bullets deals only 100 damage is a different problem.

What also adds to the Disruptor being a LMG and setting it apart from assault rifles is its lack of falloff ... since it actually is a long range weapon that just has a lot of spread.

If the burst would be a slow fire automatic mode and accuracy gets improved a bit, you too would get the feel of a LMG and the weapon would be simply better.

And can't keep myself from adding this ... how does your army experience give you any sort of expertise about 2040s weapon systems or defenitions in genaral and Votan in particular ... you have no clue what a Votan would consider a machine gun. : P
Take a look at the VOT Blaster with 780 rpm, does that remind you of a pistol?

piercehead
04-29-2013, 06:26 PM
Personally, I really like the gun though it obviously is not on par with the SAW for damage output. As someone already pointed out it's great for readily proccing Syphon etc.
If I were to buff it I'd simply reduce the delay between bursts, which is really what kills it more than anything else.
If I slap a burst mod on a heavy assault rifle there is NO delay between bursts whatsoever, which is why it's an awesome combo; in comparison the burst of the Disruptor is...weak.

Cassan
04-29-2013, 06:34 PM
No offense Kailee but do you know what a Sniper Rifle's purpose is for on the battlefield? I'll give you a hint. It is not SUSTAINABLE DAMAGE.

The sniper rifles are actually pretty good at what they were meant for 1 SHOT damage. Come- let me take all you gamers and introduce you to the world of firearms. And show you how weapons are used and how they behave.

BACK TO TOPIC. The Disruptor needs to be buffed, and reclassified.

Kailee
04-29-2013, 06:36 PM
No offense Kailee but do you know what a Sniper Rifle's purpose is for on the battlefield? I'll give you a hint. It is not SUSTAINABLE DAMAGE.

The sniper rifles are actually pretty good at what they were meant for 1 SHOT damage. Come- let me take all you gamers and introduce you to the world of firearms. And show you how weapons are used and how they behave.

BACK TO TOPIC. The Disruptor needs to be buffed, and reclassified.

Now look at what you said, so your saying its PERFECTLY FINE for a weapon that does SUSTAINABLE DAMAGE to do the same as a SNIPER with a single BURST and be able to SUSTAIN IT FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME

Sniper should be large 1 shot damage, but in no sense should AR'S and LMG's have that potential of doing the same amount within such short time.

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Sniper damage per shot and DPS are not bad as long as you make every hit count. Don't one shot anything in any coops though ... exept Skitterlings.

No reclassification for the Disruptor needed, that thing does not look like anything remotely reminding anybody of an assault rifle ... I'd rather have the gameplay tweaked in a way that makes it better and more enjoyable to use while accomodating any wishes for the weapon to represent its category better. Just as I kept saying previously.

Cassan
04-29-2013, 06:54 PM
Now look at what you said, so your saying its PERFECTLY FINE for a weapon that does SUSTAINABLE DAMAGE to do the same as a SNIPER with a single BURST and be able to SUSTAIN IT FOR LONG PERIODS OF TIME

Sniper should be large 1 shot damage, but in no sense should AR'S and LMG's have that potential of doing the same amount within such short time.

Please, sustainable damage is not what a Sniper Rifle is intended for, as for 1 shot damage the Sniper Rifle beats out Assault rifles and LMGs with direct precision shots that do more damage. Go watch Saving Private Ryan, look at the weapons and tell me then what you think 'sustainable damage' is.

As for RECLASSIFYING the Disruptor- YES. IT NEEDS TO BE DONE. IT IS NOT AN LMG. Go read my above post Tgreen. They will make you see the light.

Cassan
04-29-2013, 07:01 PM
Sniper damage per shot and DPS are not bad as long as you make every hit count. Don't one shot anything in any coops though ... exept Skitterlings.

No reclassification for the Disruptor needed, that thing does not look like anything remotely reminding anybody of an assault rifle ... I'd rather have the gameplay tweaked in a way that makes it better and more enjoyable to use while accomodating any wishes for the weapon to represent its category better. Just as I kept saying previously.

1) This is an ALIEN DESIGN.

2) It has a HEAVY AND LONG BARREL- A COMMON FEATURE TO LIGHT MACHINE GUNS.

3) IT HAS A REINFORCED STOCK. LMG's are typically equipped with such to absorb the amount of recoil generated by firing the weapon on AUTOMATIC.

4) Light Machine Guns are not 3 ROUND BURST. Unless they can switch to full-automatic.

5) Yes. A LMG or Assault Rifle will do more sustainable damage over a greater period of time than a Sniper Rifle. This is because of each of these is designed for a specific purpose in mind. In a firefight generally a medium range rifle capable of select fire and firing a mid-large sized round will win out against a single shot rifle, which has a greater amount of impact and penetration, simply because of the overwhelming rate of fire.

The Disruptor suffers from poor damage output, poor accuracy (it was compared earlier to a shotgun), and does not have any significant range. Therefore- when compared to the sniper rifles found in game the Disruptor is under-powered and does less sustainable damage. This is very sad since Sniper Rifles are not intended to 'sustain firepower'. They are direct, precision, high penetration weapons designed to take out a single desired target.

You people are killing me with your lack of knowledge.

Verios44
04-29-2013, 07:08 PM
1) This is an ALIEN DESIGN.

2) It has a HEAVY AND LONG BARREL- A COMMON FEATURE TO LIGHT MACHINE GUNS.

3) IT HAS A REINFORCED STOCK. LMG's are typically equipped with such to absorb the amount of recoil generated by firing the weapon on AUTOMATIC.

4) Light Machine Guns are not 3 ROUND BURST. Unless they can switch to full-automatic.

5) Yes. A LMG or Assault Rifle will do more sustainable damage over a greater period of time than a Sniper Rifle. This is because of each of these is designed for a specific purpose in mind. In a firefight generally a medium range rifle capable of select fire and firing a mid-large sized round will win out against a single shot rifle, which has a greater amount of impact and penetration, simply because of the overwhelming rate of fire.

The Disruptor suffers from poor damage output, poor accuracy (it was compared earlier to a shotgun), and does not have any significant range. Therefore- when compared to the sniper rifles found in game the Disruptor is under-powered and does less sustainable damage. This is very sad since Sniper Rifles are not intended to 'sustain firepower'. They are direct, precision, high penetration weapons designed to take out a single desired target.

I agree with everything here. The Disruptor does deserve a damage buff(or something at least, accuracy or fire rate would work too) Nothing insane is even needed. Also, I like that its a burst LMG. Its unique and thats why I enjoy the Disruptor and just about every Votan weapon . I also feel there is no need for a reclassification since its the only Votan LMG currently.

And why compare a LMG and. Sniper anyways? Don't understand the logic in this. Snipers are high damage, high accuracy, low fire rate weapons and critical hits are EXTREMELY important. LMG's. deal constant, steady DPS making them crowd control weapons. Also, LMG's should NEVER be able to fire as far as a sniper can.

Cassan
04-29-2013, 07:09 PM
I am reposting this to get the thread back on topic in regards to buffing the Disruptor. I am tired of children jumping on here telling me what weapon class they think needs to be amended.

This thread is about the Disruptor and buffing it- and perhaps moving it to another category altogether such as assault rifles.
--------------

Kailee
04-29-2013, 07:29 PM
"I am reposting this to get the thread back on topic in regards to buffing the Disruptor. I am tired of children jumping on here telling me what weapon class they think needs to be amended." -Cassan

We are not changing the topic we are stating that there are already massive benefits that make other weapon types WORTHLESS comparatively to what you are stating. Wanting a buff on some gun selection that already has a competitive edge is ironic.

I understand how critical hits are direly needed on Snipers, and with your statement of having a toggle from single/burst/full auto on your LMG would make me suggest that we get Barret M107 (.50 cal x10 round semi auto capable of piercing an engine block from 2miles away).

In other terms, snipers cant already auto 1shot by shooting someone in the chest like they can in real life... ever heard the term "ANTI-MATERIAL RIFLE", so why do we really need to make the crowd control be like a fully auto sniper with a 75 clip?

Wabbles
04-29-2013, 10:32 PM
The VOT Disruptor originally had a 131x3 4-shot burst before it's damage was reworked. I still love Disruptors despite the reduced damage and they proc nano effects very well. I personally use a Purple VOT Disruptor [Syphon, x1.25 Crit, -0.30 Accuracy and 15% nade refresh on kill].

Cassan
04-30-2013, 09:49 AM
The VOT Disruptor originally had a 131x3 4-shot burst before it's damage was reworked. I still love Disruptors despite the reduced damage and they proc nano effects very well. I personally use a Purple VOT Disruptor [Syphon, x1.25 Crit, -0.30 Accuracy and 15% nade refresh on kill].

Well I think this would be the solution, to take the Disruptor back to before they reduced its abilities. Because as it stands now- the Disruptor is just a 'proc' triggering device- and not a weapon. As other players are stating on this thread.

Every weapon in the game has a chance to 'proc' effects if they have an effect. So I don't think it is reasonable to neglect MAJOR issues with a weapon's base damage by saying- "its ok because mine has a effect and that's what I use it for."

The Disruptor FAILS as a LMG. By all definitions it is a assault rifle. Yet, in both roles it suffers. It has terrible accuracy, as pointed out in the posts in this thread. Someone compared it to a shotgun. A weapon which is classified as a Light Machine Gun, and which should only pass as an Assault Rifle, was compared to a Shotgun... <-- This is one reason it needs to be fixed.

Somebody shoot a shotgun in game, then shoot a LMG, and then shoot an AR. Notice the difference in shot pattern, the rate of fire, and the damage dealt. Now compare that with the Disruptor. Where does it fit in? I'll tell you where!

@ Shotguns: Nope. Because a shotgun generally boasts a lot more knockdown power in a tighter spread, even with longer range, something the Disruptor lacks.

@ LMGs: Nope. Because an Light Machine Gun should function with automatic, and even if the Disruptor were to be an LMG- and be fired for whatever reason on a 3 round burst (let's assume that our player is consciously choosing to lightly squeeze the trigger) the firepower would be VERY DIRECT, more ACCURATE, and travel significantly more range. <--Another reason to fix the Disruptor since it does not possess any trait likeable to an LMG.

@Assault Rifles: Nope. Because an assault rifle will function either one of three ways-

1) direct, semi-automatic fire, with a grenade launching device *we don't have those as mods for these weapons in game. So that excludes this option.*

2) Automatic-high rate of fire at short-medium range with medium caliber *the rifle Nolan awards the player in the main quest is a example of this but the Disruptor is not comparable.*

3) Burst-fire with accurate and direct damage which pushes the range of the rifle. *Basically allowing longer shots that deal around the same amount of damage, and with a higher potential to hit a critical part of the body. The Disruptor does not do this either.*

This beautiful weapon deserves some respect Trion. And community. Please do not interject with comments on here about how your sniper rifle needs to have the power of a bazooka, and be easier to use shooting Skitterlings in close quarters.

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 10:02 AM

Quoting myself now ...

If the burst would be a slow fire automatic mode and accuracy gets improved a bit, you too would get the feel of a LMG and the weapon would be simply better.

Any more you want to tell me?

And as you pointed out the ALIEN design yourself ... no way to say for certain what a Votan would think about LMGs.

ps: LMG ans Snipers are the only weapon types with no falloff and thus can be compared for this particular reason.

Verios44
04-30-2013, 10:04 AM
Well I think this would be the solution, to take the Disruptor back to before they reduced its abilities. Because as it stands now- the Disruptor is just a 'proc' triggering device- and not a weapon. As other players are stating on this thread.

Every weapon in the game has a chance to 'proc' effects if they have an effect. So I don't think it is reasonable to neglect MAJOR issues with a weapon's base damage by saying- "its ok because mine has a effect and that's what I use it for."

The Disruptor FAILS as a LMG. By all definitions it is a assault rifle. Yet, in both roles it suffers. It has terrible accuracy, as pointed out in the posts in this thread. Someone compared it to a shotgun. A weapon which is classified as a Light Machine Gun, and which should only pass as an Assault Rifle, was compared to a Shotgun... <-- This is one reason it needs to be fixed.

Somebody shoot a shotgun in game, then shoot a LMG, and then shoot an AR. Notice the difference in shot pattern, the rate of fire, and the damage dealt. Now compare that with the Disruptor. Where does it fit in? I'll tell you where!

@ Shotguns: Nope. Because a shotgun generally boasts a lot more knockdown power in a tighter spread, even with longer range, something the Disruptor lacks.

@ LMGs: Nope. Because an Light Machine Gun should function with automatic, and even if the Disruptor were to be an LMG- and be fired for whatever reason on a 3 round burst (let's assume that our player is consciously choosing to lightly squeeze the trigger) the firepower would be VERY DIRECT, more ACCURATE, and travel significantly more range. <--Another reason to fix the Disruptor since it does not possess any trait likeable to an LMG.

@Assault Rifles: Nope. Because an assault rifle will function either one of three ways-

1) direct, semi-automatic fire, with a grenade launching device *we don't have those as mods for these weapons in game. So that excludes this option.*

2) Automatic-high rate of fire at short-medium range with medium caliber *the rifle Nolan awards the player in the main quest is a example of this but the Disruptor is not comparable.*

3) Burst-fire with accurate and direct damage which pushes the range of the rifle. *Basically allowing longer shots that deal around the same amount of damage, and with a higher potential to hit a critical part of the body. The Disruptor does not do this either.*

This beautiful weapon deserves some respect Trion. And community. Please do not interject with comments on here about how your sniper rifle needs to have the power of a bazooka, and be easier to use shooting Skitterlings in close quarters.

I just want to say that bringing the Disruptor to its original state pre launch would solve alot of problems with it.

Also, lets please get off this argument of whether the Disruptor is a lmg or not. This is a video game and also not based on modern firearms technologies like COD is for example. Because of this, the developers can modify traditional definitions of weapon types and parameters as they see fit. Why cant there be a alien lmg that fires in bursts and has a shot pattern similar to a shotgun? Lets look at the VOT Blaster and Marzu Blaster. Yes they are full auto but forget that for a minute. They both fire in a shotgun like cone. The blast rifle fires in a triangular pattern while the Marzu fires in a cone like pattern.

So back to the Disruptor. Its a alien LMG. The point of this thread is to discuss how to make it more efficient, and hopefull a dev is reading this and taking into consideration their options.

Cassan
04-30-2013, 10:06 AM

---------

I reposted this so you can read it Tgreen and start to possibly understand what is going on with the Disruptor and why it needs to be buffed.

As for Votans thinking about LMG's- the principles of firearms are rather simple when you think of bullets as energy traveling in wave lengths. But since you are such a wonderful thinker and contributor to this thread I will let you ponder what that means.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m79/laststandsoldier/Example_FIRE_zps5acffdb6.png

I edited this post to include a crude graph showing the different fire patterns of weapons. When you look at this think of it as energy traveling in a wave-length. Then try to imagine what each weapon type would do. I did not include grenade or explosives, simply because they are sort of in their own category of energy dispersion.

Cavadus
04-30-2013, 10:13 AM
VOT Disruptors are pretty pathetic. At one point in alpha they were hella OP so they got nerfed into oblivion.

During a 101 keys run my LMG maxed out and all I had to use to continue earning LMG XP was a blue VOT Disruptor with electric nano.

It was garbage because of the horrendously low damage.

Verios44
04-30-2013, 10:15 AM

---------

I reposted this so you can read it Tgreen and start to possibly understand what is going on with the Disruptor and why it needs to be buffed.

As for Votans thinking about LMG's- the principles of firearms are rather simple when you think of bullets as energy traveling in wave lengths. But since you are such a wonderful thinker and contributor to this thread I will let you ponder what that means.

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m79/laststandsoldier/Example_FIRE_zps5acffdb6.png

I edited this post to include a crude graph showing the different fire patterns of weapons. When you look at this think of it as energy traveling in a wave-length. Then try to imagine what each weapon type would do. I did not include grenade or explosives, simply because they are sort of in their own category of energy dispersion.

Please stop posting the same exact argument over and over. Its getting annoying now. Please contribute and add something new. Also, dont attack someone because you view weapons in a very narrow mindset and someone else is open to the idea of a burst LMG.

Cassan
04-30-2013, 10:18 AM
Please stop posting the same exact argument over and over. Its getting annoying now. Please contribute and add something new. Also, dont attack someone because you view weapons in a very narrow mindset and someone else is open to the idea of a burst LMG.

I added the graph and further discussion for Tgreen. I think it is getting annoying have to explain the same thing over and over again. I don't think people are actually reading- but rather only seeing what they want. I actually have a very broad mindset, I just happen to like to think critically about everything. So please- take the time to read, and yeah I did add something new.

What do you know about comparing bullets to energy waves?

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 10:18 AM

&

I added the graph and further discussion for Tgreen.

I noticed and having read your first line of arguments I didn't read any of it but the quoted part.
Now you might know what you're talking about when it comes to weaponry, but I agreed with you and you pulled some crappy reply out of your *ss ... twice no less.

Cassan
04-30-2013, 10:19 AM
&

[QUOTE=Cassan;498835]I added the graph and further discussion for Tgreen./QUOTE]

I noticed and having read your first line of arguments I didn't read any of it but the quoted part.
Now you might know what you're talking about when it comes to weaponry, but I agreed with you and you pulled some crappy reply out of your *ss ... twice no less.

What do you know about bullets compared to energy waves Tgreen?

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 10:21 AM
What do you know about bullets compared to energy waves Tgreen?

What do you know about reading others peoples replies before posting your same argument again and again only after they were in agreement with you? How can you not see how futile your endavors are?

I'll even help you refresh your memory ... again ...

Cassan
04-30-2013, 10:23 AM
What do you know about reading others peoples replies before posting your same argument again and again only after they were in agreement with you? How can you not see how futile your endavors are?

Oh, I was under the impression we were adults contributing to a discussion. So how about that graph and where do you think the Disruptor fits in on it? Any ideas? :)

Cassan
04-30-2013, 10:25 AM

I'll even help you refresh your memory ... again ...

I see you edited your post afterwards to add "I'll even help you refresh your memory...again..."

So do you finish reading my posts, and then post yours? Or do you pick and pull while you are brainstorming only to go back to your original post to add another quip?

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 10:29 AM
I edited because I try to help you and spare you the effort of having to go back a dozen posts.
I of course apologize for this.

And no, I have not yet read the post ... especially since you said yourself that it contained no new argument.

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 10:30 AM
Oh, I was under the impression we were adults contributing to a discussion.

So was I, but you keep ignoring what I specifically said about my thoughts on how to change the VOT Disruptor. Maybe we should start there.

Cassan
04-30-2013, 10:36 AM
And no, I have not yet read the post ... especially since you said yourself that it contained no new argument.

No, you are right. I didn't say it contained a new argument. We are still on the same one. The Disruptor NEEDS to be amended. What I was saying was that I had included a graph which would elaborate on what I was stating earlier.

The Disruptor needs to have its RATE OF FIRE fixed, its DAMAGE fixed, and possibly altogether reclassified as a ASSAULT RIFLE.

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Either a lacking mental capacity or being a bad troll are the only two viable options at this point.
If trolling makes you look stupid it is a little self defeating to be honest.

Verios44
04-30-2013, 10:46 AM
What do you know about comparing bullets to energy waves?

Absolutely nothing, mostly because there have been very few publiclly accessible studies repated to energy transmitted weapons.

Also, the Disruptor is not a conventional firearm so please list reasons why it cannot be considered a LMG WITHOUT using common guidelines.

Neptonius
04-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Why on earth would you want a buff to that, it's the worst gun ever in the game.

If they should do something to it, then make the shots be like AR or the SAW LMG. (the 3shots is crap)

Verios44
04-30-2013, 10:54 AM
Why on earth would you want a buff to that, it's the worst gun ever in the game.

If they should do something to it, then make the shots be like AR or the SAW LMG. (the 3shots is crap)

LOL you must be a saw lover. There is more to Defiance than just the saw. Anyways, the Disruptor is extremely useful even though it deserves a buff.

Erei
04-30-2013, 10:56 AM
No, you are right. I didn't say it contained a new argument. We are still on the same one. The Disruptor NEEDS to be amended. What I was saying was that I had included a graph which would elaborate on what I was stating earlier.

The Disruptor needs to have its RATE OF FIRE fixed, its DAMAGE fixed, and possibly altogether reclassified as a ASSAULT RIFLE.
Keep it a LMG, there are already more AR types than LMG. Also, comparing an alien weapon to human standard is a fail (sorry). For all we know, the Votan use only burst fire weapon as LMG, and fully automatic fire as AR. Which is the contrary of what humans do.
I don't mind having burst weapon in the LMG types, as it makes some variation over automatic fire weapon. A very slow, very hard hitting LMG would be cool to.

During beta it was arguably the best LMG, AR where the king of those kind of weapon, and the SAW was the same, with a very slow ROF. They nerfed it, and buffed the saw.
The problem is not the SAW being OP, but the other LMG being really bad. I wouldn't mind a buff of every others LMG than the SAW.

I think the role of the various LMG was :
SAW : slow but hard hitting.
Disruptor : long range burst
Thunder : best sustained damage
Rocker : short range burst.

But, in the end, they all fail to what they are supposed to do. And since the SAW is really good, there are no reason to use the others.
They don't need to nerf the SAW, as it is the only good weapons in LMG type, but they have to buff the others.

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 11:04 AM
Whether or not burst fire weapons don't fit into the category of LMGs, it simply doesn't have the right feel to it in the game.
You could easily buff the Disruptor by making it shoot it's 9 projectile burst in an automated cycle even adding more to the alien feel that an alien weapon should have.

VBI LMGs are horribad and beyond repair, they simple need to be redesigned from scrap.

Facade
04-30-2013, 11:08 AM
its spread is insane, its burst and fairily low damage.

This is why I hate it. The only time I use any of these burst LMGs is when I'm rocking 2 LMGs on my "prepardness" class and I don't have a 2nd SAW

Vai Tekaal
05-13-2013, 04:11 AM
Hands down the worst weapon in game(VOT Disruptor). My Tele Spanner BMG does better sustained dps, and I can heal myself and others.

The extended delay between bursts in mind numbing, coupled with it's abyssmal damage, what's not to dislike?

cusman
05-13-2013, 06:01 AM
The SAW LMG is so much better than the others that the others are useless.

Zabuza
05-13-2013, 06:46 AM
The VOT Mazu is a genuinly good weapon ... even if it looks like a toy.

It also hits like a toy. The only thing the enemies will die of using this weapon is laughter or boredom. The ones I have tried do crap damage, and run out of ammo too fast for the as little damage that is done. Is there something I don't know about this gun? How is it good?

Agreed disruptor is horrible, and inaccurate.

Denim Samurai
05-13-2013, 07:01 AM
it applies nano-effects nearly every shot. Get an electric one and watch how hilariously easy arkfalls and coops become.

Facade
05-13-2013, 07:14 AM
it applies nano-effects nearly every shot. Get an electric one and watch how hilariously easy arkfalls and coops become.

As if they weren't already ;)

Zabuza
05-13-2013, 07:15 AM
it applies nano-effects nearly every shot.

The mazu?
Is radiation mazu just useless or something?

Denim Samurai
05-13-2013, 07:21 AM
The mazu?
I have a radiation one, what exactly does radiation do?

The mazu AR just has high DPS from its high fire rate. It eats ammo like crazy, though. Radiation is the 20% damage buff for everyone I believe.

TravelerX1
05-13-2013, 07:42 AM
Disruptor needs either to have higher dmg or a 4th round added to it, or the ROF needs to be quicker (25%). Using one now with a Thunder to get my 5000 kills ;)