PDA

View Full Version : Hidden weapons, mods, and models.

Omnifarious Xji
04-27-2013, 04:42 PM
So, I've come across either hidden items, or a strange bug. Long story short, we'll take the Votan auto bolter as an example, although this can be done to other weapons as well. When you go to equip a mod, you have the option of pressing "X" (On the Xbox) to view what the mod will look like on your weapon. We'll use the two barrel mods available for sniper rifles as an example.

Example 1 is the Tachyon Laced Extender.
http://i.imgur.com/kM5lM7l.jpg

Example 2 is the Ultra-Bore Extension.
http://i.imgur.com/IEgQGRc.jpg

Now then, seems simple enough. BUT! If you equip either of these items, un-equip the gun, log out, and then re-log in. When you enter the game, you'll find that your gun has a new barrel!

Example of new, unknown barrel.
http://i.imgur.com/BCQqnTY.jpg

Is this a known bug? Are these hidden models meant for DLC like the charge sniper rifle? It is replicatable (That's a word now) with all of the guns I have tried it with so far. You can get some pretty funky looking mods to appear on your guns, and they will be visible to other players as well. (Was walking around an Arkfall with the giant blade on my Bolter)

Edit:
Random person said,
"It is just mods, you can alter the look of the weapon slightly with them. The Bayonet type look is from melee dmg stock mods. Every mod (I think) alters the look of the weapon slightly."

I said,
"And Captain Obvious strikes again! Mocking aside, that it does, but there is no melee stock mod for sniper rifles. The point you're missing, is that each mod presents each weapon with a very specific model, for some reason, under certain circumstances, mods are using models that aren't their own. Not only that, but they're using models, that don't belong to any known mods in the first place. Mystery mod models from possible hidden/locked content."

Omnifarious Xji
04-27-2013, 07:41 PM
Bump

/10char

Verios44
04-27-2013, 07:52 PM
I honestly dont know, but either way looks very cool ( third picture)

Omnifarious Xji
04-28-2013, 07:06 AM
Bump for this morning.

BraveDude8
04-28-2013, 07:34 AM
Bump for this morning.

*sigh* I guess I'll help you out with getting attention. The third barrel does look pretty cool.

illgot
04-28-2013, 07:35 AM
do we even have this option for the PC?

Omnifarious Xji
04-28-2013, 10:29 AM
do we even have this option for the PC?
I'd imagine, what key do you use to preview an item in the store/your inventory? It will be the same key for previewing mods.

Orbital
04-28-2013, 10:36 AM
It is just mods, you can alter the look of the weapon slightly with them. The Bayonet type look is from melee dmg stock mods. Every mod (I think) alters the look of the weapon slightly.

Omnifarious Xji
04-28-2013, 01:37 PM
It is just mods, you can alter the look of the weapon slightly with them. The Bayonet type look is from melee dmg stock mods. Every mod (I think) alters the look of the weapon slightly. And Captain Obvious strikes again! Mocking aside, that it does, but there is no melee stock mod for sniper rifles. The point you're missing, is that each mod presents each weapon with a very specific model, for some reason, under certain circumstances, mods are using models that aren't their own. Not only that, but they're using models, that don't belong to any known mods in the first place. Mystery mod models from possible hidden/locked content.