PDA

View Full Version : Lag question.

nosworc
04-28-2013, 01:17 AM
In the last two or three days has anybody else experienced really bad lag? Reloading, shooting etc all works as intended, no delay there but anything to do with interacting using the square button takes forever. What i mean by that is, entering vendors, using ammo crates, also making my vehicle appear, jumping in and out of it also takes ages.
It's basically unplayable at the moment for me. Just wondering if im alone with this issue or is anybody else suffering with it as well.
My internet connection is fine by the way and don't have any issues with other games online.

edit: Let me add that there is lag when using my ego power and the time it takes for enemies to die as well. Have no idea what is wrong.

NightWalker990
04-28-2013, 01:31 AM
In the last two or three days has anybody else experienced really bad lag? Reloading, shooting etc all works as intended, no delay there but anything to do with interacting using the square button takes forever. What i mean by that is, entering vendors, using ammo crates, also making my vehicle appear, jumping in and out of it also takes ages.
It's basically unplayable at the moment for me. Just wondering if im alone with this issue or is anybody else suffering with it as well.
My internet connection is fine by the way and don't have any issues with other games online.

I didn't experience problems on this magnitude, but some objects while in the San Francisco area seems to be invisible. Well, actually, an entire building was missing once. I could blame my Internet speed, but at 40MBs, I shouldn't be experiencing building that never loads. It's most likely a server-sided issue. A few questions:

1. How long is the delay?

2. Have you tried re-logging and/or restarting your PS3?

When accessing the Vendors or even pressing start to change weapons, I get a few seconds of delay when surrounded by players and enemies.

nosworc
04-28-2013, 01:50 AM
I didn't experience problems on this magnitude, but some objects while in the San Francisco area seems to be invisible. Well, actually, an entire building was missing once. I could blame my Internet speed, but at 40MBs, I shouldn't be experiencing building that never loads. It's most likely a server-sided issue. A few questions:

1. How long is the delay?

2. Have you tried re-logging and/or restarting your PS3?

When accessing the Vendors or even pressing start to change weapons, I get a few seconds of delay when surrounded by players and enemies.

It can be anywhere from a 5 second up to 10 second delay when entering vendors or my vehicle, i seem to be rubberbanding as well, was just driving along there a second ago when my shields and health dropped for no reason, seems like the damage i recieved all caught up on itself from an earlier fight.
Have tried restarting/relogging, it has only started happening in the last couple of days or so, funnily enough since i installed Netflix but i can't see how that has anything to do with it.

dAcHrOnIc
04-28-2013, 02:25 AM
Usually when I lag that bad it's just a matter of time until I freeze.

Caesar
04-28-2013, 02:41 AM
Nothing wrong at you end.

I thing everyone experience this issues, the problem seems to be server side.

A- They need to add more servers to specific areas, where the traffic is heavy.
B- Is something wrong with the way the game handles Data.

Hopefully the update we getting tomorrow will fix some of this issues.

NightWalker990
04-28-2013, 03:01 AM
It can be anywhere from a 5 second up to 10 second delay when entering vendors or my vehicle, i seem to be rubberbanding as well, was just driving along there a second ago when my shields and health dropped for no reason, seems like the damage i recieved all caught up on itself from an earlier fight.
Have tried restarting/relogging, it has only started happening in the last couple of days or so, funnily enough since i installed Netflix but i can't see how that has anything to do with it.

Yup, I also had damage taken seconds later. As the above user has stated, this is more than likely a server-sided problem. With so many users being on-line, even at 5:30AM my time for the NA server, the server is being overloaded. I just cleared a major artfall with about 100 users and the sound affects even slipped in and out. Wish I could help with server related problems, but the only ones who can are the developers at this point. You can try submitting a ticket, but one of mines submitted on the 22nd still remains to be answered (probably because it was about the patch we never received for PS3 and I wondered why).

nosworc
04-28-2013, 03:24 AM
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

NightWalker990
04-28-2013, 01:11 PM
Thanks for the info guys, much appreciated.

No problem; always glad to help. :D