PDA

View Full Version : modifying your weapons....

hiddnen
03-21-2013, 06:52 AM
so from what ive gathered is once you add modifications to a weapon... its permanent? you cant just disassemble the "scope" or "barrel" or the "magazine" and add it to another weapon of the same type?? really hoping this is just a beta thing...

am i the only one thinking this or what?

Fiox
03-21-2013, 06:55 AM
Its permanent yes but the only mods u can get are dirt cheap at 600 a pop so it easy to get new ones unless you can start finding mods at higher lvls im ego rating 350+ and im just now seeing new weapons combos come up so maybe they drop once your a high enough lvl

hiddnen
03-21-2013, 07:05 AM
ya figured they were there for good thanks to the price... im only mid 100s but i realized that nothing would xfer over once game launches and still trying to decide if i wanna stick with ps3 or xbox...

also which you could see what the mods "look like" before you actually add them to ur weapon. haha

Angeleus09
03-21-2013, 07:07 AM
I do wish you could disassemble and reuse these mods but they are cheap enough that it's not too bad. My issue is that all of my guns seem to only allow one mod a piece. I see the 4 mod slot indicators for barrel, clip, stock and scope so I can see what type of mod a gun will allow. Can someone confirm that higher level weapons open up additional mod slots for multiple mods on a single weapon?

Colts87
03-21-2013, 07:18 AM
Can someone please assist me with weapon Modding? I tried a few times yesterday and I can't seem to attach any. I select what weapon I want to Mod, select the attachment and it's always sights and I can't even attach that. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

hiddnen
03-21-2013, 07:20 AM
Can someone please assist me with weapon Modding? I tried a few times yesterday and I can't seem to attach any. I select what weapon I want to Mod, select the attachment and it's always sights and I can't even attach that. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

i bought a barrel twice without paying attention thinking it was a scope... so make sure your mods are the right piece for the right weapon type...

hiddnen
03-21-2013, 07:21 AM
I do wish you could disassemble and reuse these mods but they are cheap enough that it's not too bad. My issue is that all of my guns seem to only allow one mod a piece. I see the 4 mod slot indicators for barrel, clip, stock and scope so I can see what type of mod a gun will allow. Can someone confirm that higher level weapons open up additional mod slots for multiple mods on a single weapon?

you can add slots... some weapons give you the option to that. has a 10 min timer. the modification slot is random though. and some weapons are free others cost.

Colts87
03-21-2013, 07:32 AM
i bought a barrel twice without paying attention thinking it was a scope... so make sure your mods are the right piece for the right weapon type...
Thanks for the reply. I must be doing something wrong then. I tried modding my assault rifle, bought a barrel and sights and for some reason I can't attach either. I'll spend more time with it tonight when I get home unless someone can give me a walk through. I swear i'm not mental, i'm just not noticing my mistake.

gjwhite66
03-21-2013, 07:42 AM
Not sure if the higher-level weapons will allow for all 4 mod slots, but so far I've only had weapons that allow for one. There is an option to disassemble, and for the one I tried it cost me some script and I think it took like 5 minutes to do. I don't mind the cost, but the time requirement is a bit odd. Hopefully they reconsider that function.

Angeleus09
03-21-2013, 07:44 AM
you can add slots... some weapons give you the option to that. has a 10 min timer. the modification slot is random though. and some weapons are free others cost.

So after I add one mod I should wait 10 minutes and try to add another mod, if another slot is available I'll see it and if not the gun probably doesn't support it, correct?

Fiox
03-21-2013, 07:52 AM
from what i can tell every wep you pick up can have 4 slots added the higher your rating the higher the cost so it does get costly on salvage

hiddnen
03-21-2013, 07:54 AM
Not sure if the higher-level weapons will allow for all 4 mod slots, but so far I've only had weapons that allow for one. There is an option to disassemble, and for the one I tried it cost me some script and I think it took like 5 minutes to do. I don't mind the cost, but the time requirement is a bit odd. Hopefully they reconsider that function.

as for adding mods... just make sure u have the right weapon mod (barrel mod for smg) and your attempting to put it on an smg.

adding mod slots, find the weapon to mod. then it will give you a few choices. one should be "add mod slot" once you do that it then starts a 10 min timer. you are not able to do any of modifications during that time.

i know you can dissemble but it doesnt give you the parts back. it just converts the whole weapon to script i thought?

Fiox
03-21-2013, 07:56 AM
also my bad but you can unattach them it costs a ton of slavage i never noticed it before

hiddnen
03-21-2013, 08:00 AM
havent played in two days. wonder if its a recent update? really want to play but hate the fact anything i do right now ill just have to redo in april... :/

Relento
03-21-2013, 08:17 AM
If your looking to add the actual slots for mods, make sure the weapon is not equipped or the option will not show. And apparently theres a certain level when this becomes available. Tried on a low level 30-40'ish character and I could not add slots. I discovered this when I was level 120'ish and could add 4 slots to everything I had, even cheapo static vendor items with no slots. So the ability to add slots is either based on your EGO rating or the weapons power level.... just wish I knew for sure =(

Angeleus09
03-21-2013, 08:29 AM
If your looking to add the actual slots for mods, make sure the weapon is not equipped or the option will not show. And apparently theres a certain level when this becomes available. Tried on a low level 30-40'ish character and I could not add slots. I discovered this when I was level 120'ish and could add 4 slots to everything I had, even cheapo static vendor items with no slots. So the ability to add slots is either based on your EGO rating or the weapons power level.... just wish I knew for sure =(

Thanks for the info, I'm about 120 myself so I'll have to try this as soon as I log on later.

Colts87
03-21-2013, 12:35 PM
This may be my problem, I'm at 112 I believe but I will double check when I get home. I wish there was a clear understanding when this option becomes available because I would love to know or if it was discussed and I missed it can someone please advise where I can find that info or post a link? Thanks in advance. I'm sure it will all be explained when the game releases, just excited to try it out.

hiddnen
03-21-2013, 12:54 PM
i didnt really start even paying attention to weapon mods until the farm. as for when certain weapons and such are able to, no idea. other than they cant be active.

Relento
03-21-2013, 01:08 PM
Yeah I may have been higher than 120 (currently 230'ish). But something definately triggered and I could add 4 slots to everything from that point on....

King Fox
03-21-2013, 01:26 PM
where are the venders that sell mods?

hiddnen
03-21-2013, 01:36 PM
where are the venders that sell mods?

first one i encountered was the law man's farm.

Strigol
03-21-2013, 02:31 PM
I'm in high 200's and can't mod all of my weapons, most of them but not all.

And I've had an assault rifle, ar 126 something or other, that when I attempt to mod, it eats the mod and doesn't attach to the weapon, I've had a couple others do this too. something glitchy in moding it in the game.

Masoner
03-21-2013, 03:15 PM
There has to be money sinks in the game to keep the economy from being bloated. If you could reuse items like that then you'd never spend more money on it, so this way it gets money out of the game.

Another words you don't want someone sitting on 10's millions of currency. It's best things are expensive and you have to work for it. If it was just handed to you then you'd care less about the game.

Masoner
03-21-2013, 03:16 PM

And I've had an assault rifle, ar 126 something or other, that when I attempt to mod, it eats the mod and doesn't attach to the weapon, I've had a couple others do this too. something glitchy in moding it in the game.

have you used the in game issue tab and reported it? it's kinda your job to do so since you are a beta tester.

Strigol
03-22-2013, 09:33 AM
ive been reporting any and all bugs I've found thus far, and I was off on my #'s when I posted that I was about 215, once I hit about 240 I could add slots to any weapon I owned, even ones I previously could not.

Relento
03-22-2013, 10:20 AM
I made a new character to try and test this, held on to starter weapons and early quest rewards. Checked every 10 ego. As soon as I hit 100 Ego all of a sudden I could add slots to nearly anything I had. The problem is, without an official in-depth explanation of how it is supposed to work we can't know for sure whats bugged and whats not.

PsychoHistory
03-22-2013, 12:27 PM
Yeah when I tried to add mods to my weapons it wouldn't attach for some reason. After about 15 minutes I realized that I was suppose to press the start action button.:mad:

But they really need to have a tutorial on the UI and improve it since I had no idea how to breakdown items into resources or even attach more mod slots.

Angeleus09
03-22-2013, 12:42 PM

I know exactly what you're talking about, I ran through two sets of scope, stock, barrel and clip before I realized something was wrong. It let me buy all 4 mod spots on the gun, but it just eats the attachments after confirming that they were successfully attached.

I did notice that that was the only gun I had that had "---" instead of a number on the left of the item listing in the inventory list so maybe that has something to do with it.

Angeleus09
03-22-2013, 12:42 PM
Double post