PDA

View Full Version : Is the beta supposed to patch yet?

Shadow2400
03-21-2013, 08:22 AM
I apologize for my noobish nature but I'm a console player by heart. Are we supposed to be able to patch yet, or is that function available when the beta actually starts? My computer beta will not patch. It's not the same problem as other people though. After I log in and hit update nothing happens. There is nothing in the patch notes box and there is an update time of "0 Seconds" I've tried running as an admin, Compatibility packs, uninstall/re-install. I apologize if the answer is an easy fix and I'm just dumb, but I'll appreciate all your help :)

Ariex
03-21-2013, 08:24 AM
I can't even find where to pre-download the the beta yet.

IGears
03-21-2013, 08:28 AM
I apologize for my noobish nature but I'm a console player by heart. Are we supposed to be able to patch yet, or is that function available when the beta actually starts? My computer beta will not patch. It's not the same problem as other people though. After I log in and hit update nothing happens. There is nothing in the patch notes box and there is an update time of "0 Seconds" I've tried running as an admin, Compatibility packs, uninstall/re-install. I apologize if the answer is an easy fix and I'm just dumb, but I'll appreciate all your help :)

if you tried all the easy fixes then im guessing that you may have to wait until tomorrow

Shadow2400
03-21-2013, 08:29 AM
I can't even find where to pre-download the the beta yet.

Keep a weather eye on the horizon of your email box :) The beta codes are rolling out in waves so you will receive yours soon :D

Shadow2400
03-21-2013, 08:30 AM
if you tried all the easy fixes then im guessing that you may have to wait until tomorrow

Hmm i was afraid of that.. Well the concept of early download was a good idea haha :p Thank ya for your insght :)

IGears
03-21-2013, 08:33 AM
Hmm i was afraid of that.. Well the concept of early download was a good idea haha :p Thank ya for your insght :)

yeah i haven't even try to download the Beta yet myself. Im in the Alpha and to play the Beta i have download the whole game again. so im like whats the point of that.

MacDeath
03-21-2013, 08:34 AM
Do you have a firewall? It sounds like Trion isn't being allowed to update your system.

Shadow2400
03-21-2013, 08:41 AM
Do you have a firewall? It sounds like Trion isn't being allowed to update your system.

I just tried disabling my firewall and antivirus and tried to run again. Still no dice :(

MacDeath
03-21-2013, 08:46 AM
I just tried disabling my firewall and antivirus and tried to run again. Still no dice :(
UAC (User Account Control) on your system?

Shadow2400
03-21-2013, 08:57 AM
UAC (User Account Control) on your system?

I just disabled it and restarted my computer and tried again. I still get the same result :/

MacDeath
03-21-2013, 09:19 AM
It's time to call Trion Support. You can find em here: https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478
If you live in the US they have live chat from 8AM til 7PM US Central Time.

Ariex
03-21-2013, 12:03 PM
Keep a weather eye on the horizon of your email box :) The beta codes are rolling out in waves so you will receive yours soon :D

Yeah, I actually just got mine a little bit ago. Thanks. :)

Shadow2400
03-21-2013, 12:16 PM
It's time to call Trion Support. You can find em here: https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/478
If you live in the US they have live chat from 8AM til 7PM US Central Time.

Alrighty then! Well thank you for trying Mac :)

MacDeath
03-21-2013, 12:21 PM
Alrighty then! Well thank you for trying Mac :)
Sorry I couldn't be of more help, but It's been MANY years since I was an engineer. Those pros over at Trion Support see these things every day. They're very good and will have you running in no time.