PDA

View Full Version : Say something nice to Trion.

Adrena Chrome
04-28-2013, 12:31 PM
I came to the realization that we as a community complain a lot. So i am going to take a minute to say thank you Trion for a Quality sci fi third person shooter. I feel I got my Moneys worth. I am looking forward to DLC. This is a positive thread. PLEASE no Complaints in the responses. I want the trion team to hear some good for a change. Thank you :-)

Lupus Interuptus
04-28-2013, 12:31 PM
i hope you go bankrupt

Perx89
04-28-2013, 12:32 PM
I came to the realization that we as a community complain a lot. So i am going to take a minute to say thank you Trion for a Quality sci fi third person shooter. I feel I got my Moneys worth. I am looking forward to DLC. This is a positive thread. PLEASE no Complaints in the responses. I want the trion team to hear some good for a change. Thank you :-)
Nice job Trion, I really appreciate your false advertising.

ShiMoShinkenFry
04-28-2013, 12:34 PM
I honestly think Trion have made a really good game, Sure it may be buggy but most MMO's are at start up. I think they should carry on with the good job they are doing!

Jack The Bear
04-28-2013, 12:36 PM

Thank you Trion, for a really fun game to play, to tie in with a show that i do love. Also thanks for giving me a forum to look around and see tons of people crying that they don't like the game instead of giving some actual good feedback, You know, cause I just love watching people complain :D! Seriously, do you people complain this much to others in person? or is this just an internet anonymous thing.. Cause around here you complain like that you get smacked upside the head, which i think alot of these kids need to be smacked.

FOLTHEON
04-28-2013, 12:40 PM
I'd like to thank Trion for what they're attempting to do, even though they're falling short.

I would especially like to thank for the removal of episode missions. And saying that they want them to fall in line with the TV show makes so much sense. That's how I always watch new shows. Rather than watching it from the beginning to get the whole story, I jump in whatever episode has just come out.

Razer
04-28-2013, 12:41 PM

Dear Trion,

I appreciate that you keep us fairly well informed compared to other MMOs. Defiance looks good visually and has alot of potential to be a great game. Keep the content coming and amaze us.

Jackobite
04-28-2013, 12:43 PM
Im not here to kiss ***,

This is a service/customer relationship, I give them money they provide a game for me to play, when things go wrong I will ask them to fix it. when things are working and going well, Ill be playing.

Rhorge
04-28-2013, 12:44 PM
Im not here to kiss ***,

This is a service/customer relationship, I give them money they provide a game for me to play, when things go wrong I will ask them to fix it. when things are working and going well, Ill be playing.

This is a public forum, so deal with it.

Ikagawa
Thank you Trion for making a game that I enjoyed playing for a short time despite the bugs and lack of content. I'll be back when the first DLC lands.

ShiMoShinkenFry
Im not here to kiss ***,

Just because you pay for it doesn't mean that you can't give thanks.

Draxtal
04-28-2013, 12:57 PM
The things I like the most about Trion is the fact that they actually listen to the community, resolve issues if reported, and give back to the community. Most developers nowadays just release a game then maybe throw out new maps.

Perx89
04-28-2013, 12:58 PM
The things I like the most about Trion is the fact that they actually listen to the community, resolve issues if reported, and give back to the community. Most developers nowadays just release a game then maybe throw out new maps.
Lol, and what did Trion exactly do?! Providing a broken patch, wow, I'd rather take some maps than.

Jack The Bear
04-28-2013, 01:00 PM
Lol, and what did Trion exactly do?! Providing a broken patch, wow, I'd rather take some maps than.

Then Call of Duty is the game for you, Please go enjoy the non-stop re-release of CoD4! I hear they are very.. similar ;]. Aside from that, people screw stuff up, it happens. If they don't fix it, then you can complain. Until then be patient.. But then again i don't expect everyone to be patient. Or anyone..

Yenah
04-28-2013, 01:05 PM
Im not here to kiss ***,

This guy probably doesn't tip a waitress, but is the first one to send their steak back because its -slightly- not cooked right, too.
Thanks Trion for the hours and hours of fun gameplay I've had so far. I know you'll get the kinks ironed out eventually!

Perx89
04-28-2013, 01:07 PM
Then Call of Duty is the game for you, Please go enjoy the non-stop re-release of CoD4! I hear they are very.. similar ;]. Aside from that, people screw stuff up, it happens. If they don't fix it, then you can complain. Until then be patient.. But then again i don't expect everyone to be patient. Or anyone..
You are trying too hard mate. I hate CoD, but I loved Defiance. I dont know why you guys keep desperately defending this game, it gets boring as hell as soon as you finish the storyline. Furthermore there are no weekly updates, like Trion promised. If you are happy with searching 3 data recorders every week its ok, but Iam used to better games.

Draxtal
04-28-2013, 01:08 PM

They provided everyone with almost a weeks worth of boosts for everyone including people that never bought any to begin with. That is approximately $30 - $40, now for the continuation of the show each episode mission is free. How long does it really take them to fix an issue that is presented, a broken patch well the last one lasted I'd say a good maybe two hours. I took that time to do something productive.

SuitcoatAvenger
04-28-2013, 01:09 PM
So, I've been playing videogames for the better part of my life. I had an NES the first year it was released, and have stayed constant with the subsequent system generations since. I missed the boat on PC gaming for the most part (except the small window where I had a PC that was top of the line. Running Max Payne 2 at max settings with multiple mods was baller), so I never really got into an MMO-anything.

Defiance is my first MMO experience. So far, it has been an enjoyable one. I'm not sure if it's because I'm new to the scene, or if age has tempered my quick temper, but I'm willing to give Trion the benefit of the doubt and be patient. Setting up an MMO seems like it would be a lot of work. I went in expecting it to be very buggy during the outset. In that regard, for good and ill, it hasn't disappointed. That being said, I'm going to stick with it. It's an investment at this point, and a fun enough game to kill an hour-or-so with while drinking a beer and listening to music after a long day at work.

Even if it's not for everybody, even if there are those who aren't happy, thanks Trion. I'm digging the game so far.

TheShiningLily
04-28-2013, 01:10 PM
Game has a tremendous amount of flaws that I could list. But the game is fun just for the pew pewing it allows.

Qei
Thanks for Rift.

Ikagawa
Thanks for Rift.

ha!

/10char

Draxtal
04-28-2013, 01:12 PM
You are trying too hard mate. I hate CoD, but I loved Defiance. I dont know why you guys keep desperately defending this game, it gets boring as hell as soon as you finish the storyline. Furthermore there are no weekly updates, like Trion promised. If you are happy with searching 3 data recorders every week its ok, but Iam used to better games.

Honestly, I have taken a break from Defiance for a little while. Yet I still don't have anything negative to say, I have run out of stuff to do but like with all games I like a variety so I don't always play the same thing no matter how much I like a game.

Jack The Bear
04-28-2013, 01:13 PM

Okay fair enough, but the game has barely been out for a month, not even a month. Did you play any other MMO in the first month? Sure DeFi is different, but it has the same problems as most MMOs. Im not just going to defend it without reason, i enjoy this game. I've done all in the game, sure i dont play it that often. But im not going to rag on it. Hell i dont play Skyrim anymore, i dont play Dragon's Dogma, or WoW, or any of the other games that i have completed unless its been so long that im going back to enjoy it a second time.

If it was 4 months out, then okay your argument would be COMPLETLEY valid. But right now, its kind of floating of shallow water, wait till that pond fills up a bit then we can start complaining if they dont improve. Sounds fair to me. ;]

Perx89
04-28-2013, 01:15 PM
Okay fair enough, but the game has barely been out for a month, not even a month. Did you play any other MMO in the first month? Sure DeFi is different, but it has the same problems as most MMOs. Im not just going to defend it without reason, i enjoy this game. I've done all in the game, sure i dont play it that often. But im not going to rag on it. Hell i dont play Skyrim anymore, i dont play Dragon's Dogma, or WoW, or any of the other games that i have completed unless its been so long that im going back to enjoy it a second time.

If it was 4 months out, then okay your argument would be COMPLETLEY valid. But right now, its kind of floating of shallow water, wait till that pond fills up a bit then we can start complaining if they dont improve. Sounds fair to me. ;]
Agreed! But I think they NEED to give out some infos about the upcoming DLC, the season pass (how it works, what people get) and all that stuff. People are leaving the game already, which really sucks. I was addicted to the game when it came out, even loved the buggy beta, but we need more content, or at least some kind of date for the next DLC. Thats just my opinion right here!

Khal
04-28-2013, 01:17 PM
Thanks for the game, still having tons of fun.

Jack The Bear
04-28-2013, 01:18 PM
but we need more content

I sure as hell wont disagree with that. To any Trion people who may or may not read this. Let us just point out, we want more Content because we ENJOY your game, and want to keep playing it. Just a little heads up. ;]

Razer
04-28-2013, 01:21 PM
Im not here to kiss ***,

Oh how nice of you to put your two cents in, Sheldon; but since you didn't follow the request of the title, no one cares.

FYI - A little kindness, occasionally, goes alot farther than alot of *****ing all the time.

Jackobite
04-28-2013, 01:41 PM
Oh how nice of you to put your two cents in, Sheldon; but since you didn't follow the request of the title, no one cares.

FYI - A little kindness, occasionally, goes alot farther than alot of *****ing all the time.

I put 40 plus I pre ordered the season pass so a little more than 2 cents have gone into this game, Im a fan of Defiance but im not a blind fanboi
telling people to stop playing and go back to CoD will hurt the game

Zombie_Wrafh
04-28-2013, 01:44 PM
Thank you Trion for making a game that reminds me of my middle school gaming days in a good way. No graphic excessivness just hardcore rock solid gameplay, sure their are bugs like crazy but I still can walk around and take out random lvls with great satisfaction. :) I love this game and hope they fix the bugs in due time.

Groone
04-28-2013, 01:47 PM
Fun glitchy as heck game but it's cool.

Myst
04-28-2013, 01:52 PM
Thanks for the game, still having tons of fun.

Pretty much would say this :)

Neptonius
04-28-2013, 01:53 PM
It's a nice game they have here, they just need a lil work on it and it would be perfect.

ImmortalKindr3d
04-28-2013, 03:40 PM
I love this game, even with its flaws. I've poured countless hours into it and have yet to get bored just because I've completed the storyline. My brother, and a large group of friends all think the same.

Do I rage when I reload glitch right before I get the kill shot on an elite hellbug warrior in a major arkfall? Hell yes. Do I get upset that my kill count reset toward my total kills in major arkfalls? You bet. Or how about when I get d/c'd right at the end of a co-op mission, and then can't get back into my group even though the spots haven't been filled? It doesn't stop me from showing appreciation for an overall great gaming experience though, because I know eventually these issues will be fixed, and I don't have to be the first to complete every single pursuit.

I also understand that perfection is impossible but we can still strive to obtain it, and I see Trion working damn hard on doing just that. If you don't feel the same way I respect your opinion and hope you find a game that you feel is "worth your money" but I won't be raging to the point that I wish this company go bankrupt.

Thank you Trion.

Nixiam
04-28-2013, 03:45 PM
"something nice"

Bopbarker
04-28-2013, 03:46 PM
Awesome jekkin game!

Arcuatio
04-28-2013, 03:50 PM
Trion, I thank you for putting a lot of hard work into RIFT.

The Oncoming Storm
04-28-2013, 04:00 PM
I think it's cute how i use my scrip to buy guns that i then turn into salvage so i can then buy keycodes...

Rasczak
04-28-2013, 04:04 PM
Hey, Trion, you made one heck of a game . . . in Rift.

Games I played during the first month of launch (just off the top of my head):

City of Heroes
Everquest 2
World of Warcraft
Champions Online
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Matrix Online
Rift (a game by Trion)
Guild Wars 2
DC Universe Online
Anarchy Online
The Secret World
Defiance

And of those 12 listed that I could recall quickly, all of them except Champions Online, DC Universe Online, and Matrix Online did not see me complete all of the mission content in the first month even on a limited play schedule. Hell, it took me many, many months on this same play schedule to do that in Everquest 2, World of Warcraft, City of Heroes, Rift, Guild Wars 2 (never did finish it all), and Anarchy Online (which does go down in the books as the worse launch in history).

So, now I can add Defiance to the list of shallow launch mission content MMOs. So, only 4 out of those 12 didn't have more than a casual month of content at launch. Excuse it all you guys want. Defiance is a fun game. But it's limited amount of launch mission content is not the norm as far as MMOs go.

K A S H I H A R A D
04-28-2013, 04:05 PM
Good community, good game, good show. I'm happy with my purchase.

Zov
04-28-2013, 04:07 PM
Trion, your butt looks good in those jeans.

SteveMND
04-28-2013, 04:14 PM
Well, to hear some people, I must be some sort of lottery-winning leprechaun, since, while there are obviously bugs and issues still, I've not had to deal with a single one that was a game breaker for me, or even hardly any that weren't a passing annoyance. I understand that a lot of players are having more serious issues, and that the game is astride a pretty thin wire right now with the fans, but I've still been having fun. So thanks, Trion; I also felt like I've gotten my money's worth so far, and while I obviously think things could have gone smoother, I feel there is still time for the devs to turns this game around for the larger audience... if they handle things correctly from here on out.