PDA

View Full Version : You canít be all things to all people.

Traxx
04-28-2013, 12:47 PM
I am sorry that the ďProĒ gamers are disappointed in the game, but for the newer players I think itís GREAT. The feature that many Senior players find frustrating is exactly why the newer members can enjoy it. That is, even when you level up you donít gain an excessive advantage. Sure, you get better equipment and perks the longer you play, but the top players donít force out the novices. Both can enjoy the game on some level. So it may not be the best MMO but it serves as a gateway to gaming that can attract many new players while giving some entertainment to the Pros. All in all, as a novice, I am enjoying the heck out of the game. Keep it up TRION (and fix the glitches).

Jack The Bear
04-28-2013, 12:52 PM
I am sorry that the “Pro” gamers are disappointed in the game, but for the newer players I think it’s GREAT. The feature that many Senior players find frustrating is exactly why the newer members can enjoy it. That is, even when you level up you don’t gain an excessive advantage. Sure, you get better equipment and perks the longer you play, but the top players don’t force out the novices. Both can enjoy the game on some level. So it may not be the best MMO but it serves as a gateway to gaming that can attract many new players while giving some entertainment to the Pros. All in all, as a novice, I am enjoying the heck out of the game. Keep it up TRION (and fix the glitches).

You might be a bit wrong there, i consider myself a very talented gamer, been playing games since Monkey Island on comp and all kinds of NES games that i can't recall, lol. I agree that the entire idea behind a EGO 3000 can get his butt kicked by a EGO 50, but for me the only problem is the progression. I come from older style MMO's, and even games like Borderlands, Diablo, and similar games that allow you to level up.

I'd love to feel powerful in this game, but that wont happen. Skill is what matters here, Skill of knowing where to shoot, with what gun, and where to take cover. And i like that, its a constant shooter. But at first i was not expecting that, so all in all i think i just expected something different, but still got a very good game, all-be-it different then what i original expected. ;].

Ikagawa
04-28-2013, 12:52 PM
I don't remember anyone griping about the lack of vertical progression. Lack of content, numerous bugs that date back to Alpha and Beta test phases, lack of Support, and lack of communication from Trion.

Jack The Bear
04-28-2013, 12:55 PM
I don't remember anyone griping about the lack of vertical progression. Lack of content, numerous bugs that date back to Alpha and Beta test phases, lack of Support, and lack of communication from Trion.

As long as they fix them then i'll still be around, and not take forever. But then again i was there with Skyrim with bugs until they fixed the PS3 problems, so i'll be here till they fix these. Although, honestly, can you really keep track of all the things people are complaining about? Makes my head spin... @.@.

Lupus Interuptus
04-28-2013, 12:56 PM
im actually going back to GOW Jugdgement after 8 days in defiance its that bad

Jack The Bear
04-28-2013, 12:57 PM
im actually going back to GOW Jugdgement after 8 days in defiance its that bad

I heard the new GoW game was pretty crap honestly, compared to the trilogy, but to each there own. Just not your type of game, hope you enjoy gears. ;]

Ikagawa
04-28-2013, 12:58 PM
Although, honestly, can you really keep track of all the things people are complaining about? Makes my head spin... @.@.

Yes: Everything ;)

My gripes are specifically about the lack of storyline content and the screwy chat client (voice and text).

Mhak
04-28-2013, 01:37 PM
You canít be all things to all people.
Well, not with that attitude anyway.

:p