PDA

View Full Version : The fact that you can't bump threads on trading and selling on MMO is just ridiculous

Xeno plx
04-28-2013, 03:21 PM
i don't understand why you can't bump your thread? i have now read the rules and conduct.

I understand that player may abuse this function on general discussion and what not....but for trade it should be allowed

But as your thread gets further down the forums what are you suppose to do? the only way to keep your thread in view is to bump or if someone has something to say on your thread, but the fact is when your trying to buy or sell guns especially when you have players from PC, XBOX and PS3 from all different regions as-well your thread goes so fast this will only result in Multi threads created by the same player because there desperate to buy a gun or sell a gun or whatever.

Could i suggest a bump button that reactivates every 10 seconds? or even Region and platform specific places to sell guns and buy guns?

if you find any of the above content rude or disrespectful then i apologise it was just a suggestion since this is a MMO and in-game trading on this game is dead unless used with forums.

Tzar of kaos
04-28-2013, 03:28 PM
There is special section in the forum to trade with other gamers.I don't see any problem with it.People need to learn to use advanced search.

Xeno plx
04-28-2013, 03:30 PM
Yes but you can't bump your thread.

Xavier Horovitz
04-28-2013, 03:31 PM
I wasn't aware that there were rules against bumping in the trade boards. As long as it isn't every 15 minutes, I don't see what the problem is.

Xeno plx
04-28-2013, 03:31 PM
So what I'm trying to say is unless someone straight away is selling it....your stuffed

Xeno plx
04-28-2013, 03:32 PM
Well i just got a warning for one of my threads for bumping in trade...which i just find....stupid

Xavier Horovitz
04-28-2013, 03:34 PM
Well i just got a warning for one of my threads for bumping in trade...which i just find....stupid

That's pretty infuriating. They clump ALL of the regions/platforms into one board and expect people NOT to bump? Categorize the trading board and then we'll talk about warnings.

Tzar of kaos
04-28-2013, 03:40 PM
Yes but you can't bump your thread.

Wrote in your signature what you want to buy and sell.And your platform and server.That's maybe the best way.

D351
04-28-2013, 04:38 PM
Bumping does a disservice to the threads that are actually active. If no one is interested, get over it. If someone's looking for what you've got, you'll come up on a forum search.

Jeff Kaos
04-28-2013, 05:31 PM
Think about it a little while. Okay, think about it a little while longer. Did you figure out why you shouldn't be able to bump threads, ESPECIALLY on the trade forums?

lil frier
04-28-2013, 06:45 PM
Bumping does a disservice to the threads that are actually active. If no one is interested, get over it. If someone's looking for what you've got, you'll come up on a forum search.

In fairness, with the number of threads created, it's rarely about lack of interest and more about a hyperactive board than simply buries things quickly due to a high level of traffic.

mikepaul
04-28-2013, 06:45 PM
I guess the sell/trade/buy threads are tolerated, but you have to luck out and make a deal quick before you move to page 11.

I want Incubators, so I started such a thread. Never had one offer...

lil frier
04-28-2013, 06:46 PM
There is special section in the forum to trade with other gamers.I don't see any problem with it.People need to learn to use advanced search.

Advanced Search is something of a failure, though. I tried to search for a VBI SMG thread, but the search feature told me that the terms "VBI," and "SMG," were too short to search for. Unless you know the exact name of what you want, and it's not a short name like "VBI SMG," you can be a bit limited with that feature.

RobGotBanned
04-28-2013, 07:59 PM

Sure, the best way to sell something is to let it fade away from view... not.
Hardly anyone uses the search system (it's dodgy anyway), plus think about "window shoppers" looking for something to catch their eye!

Bumping every 10 seconds is a bit much. Lets say every 15 minutes like someone said earlier, that seems reasonable. Maybe even limit it to 5 bumps a day or something like that.

badfish
04-28-2013, 09:11 PM
Advanced Search is something of a failure, though. I tried to search for a VBI SMG thread, but the search feature told me that the terms "VBI," and "SMG," were too short to search for. Unless you know the exact name of what you want, and it's not a short name like "VBI SMG," you can be a bit limited with that feature.

Exactly the search function is trash!