PDA

View Full Version : Your Theory On Monday's Content?

Fatalmephisto
04-28-2013, 03:53 PM
When i watching Friday's stream, i heard Sledge say that added content will be bi-weekly. So since we got our mini content on the 15th. What do you think we will get this week? Post your Theory.

My theory is that come Monday we will be finally get our Next Episode mission and Mayor Nikki will be coming to San Fran. Since at the end of Episode 2, she was leaving Defiance. So i think she has to pass San Fran to where ever they are going and its our job to expose her or something along those lines. Which then gets passed on to the TV show for Episode 4. While at the same time, dealing with some Hellbugs as well.

Thats my theory for this Monday.

Adryn
04-28-2013, 03:59 PM
ah that's where it was said thank you, some guy earlier refused to believe it and i couldn't find the quote.

As to the nature of the content, well, ep 3 is hellbug based so if i had to guess i'd think it might be something with them (which if it is i think this forum might catch fire and burn down) but the stuff with Irisa and mention that we'll be seeing Rynn in game makes me think maybe spirit rider based which is what i'm hoping for.

Jack The Bear
04-28-2013, 03:59 PM
When i watching Friday's stream, i heard Sledge say that added content will be bi-weekly. So since we got our mini content on the 15th. What do you think we will get this week? Post your Theory.

My theory is that come Monday we will be finally get our Next Episode mission and Mayor Nikki will be coming to San Fran. Since at the end of Episode 2, she was leaving Defiance. So i think she has to pass San Fran to where ever they are going and its our job to expose her or something along those lines. Which then gets passed on to the TV show for Episode 4. While at the same time, dealing with some Hellbugs as well.

What do you mean by the content being bi-weekly? Not sure i understand that one >.<..

Also i do hope for some episode missions, but i'd like it more if the content of those missions was substantial. I'd like to get some good loot from it atleast, since they are so far apart. Im expecting something more generic honestly, something to do with alot of Hellbugs. :]

Fatalmephisto
04-28-2013, 04:01 PM
What do you mean by the content being bi-weekly? Not sure i understand that one >.<..

Also i do hope for some episode missions, but i'd like it more if the content of those missions was substantial. I'd like to get some good loot from it atleast, since they are so far apart. Im expecting something more generic honestly, something to do with alot of Hellbugs. :]

Every 2 weeks will be Episode content. Small or big he said in Friday's live stream for the game on Twitch. So since the 15th was our first mini content. This Monday is our next content based on the show. Well it should be anyways.

The Oncoming Storm
04-28-2013, 04:02 PM
Probably just gonna be some more data recorders and a new hat to unlock.

I would love to see more but I'm a very pessimistic person.

Nithryok
04-28-2013, 04:21 PM
My theory is more "improvments" ( really more bugs and broken things ) and hope they add in new ep missions and pursuits. And Cerberus that you can purchase from a vendor.

And pray for pursuit reset bug fix's.

iUnR3aLz
04-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Episodes 1 & 2: Light Chinese lanterns

Episodes 3 & 4: Build sandcastles

Multigun
04-28-2013, 04:41 PM
Episodes 1 & 2: Light Chinese lanterns

Sounds about right. I'm hoping for more, but I'm not holding my breath. I hope Bi-weekly holds true, and that they release more then just pursuits this time. Bi-weekly seems appropriate to, it will give players plenty of time to do all the content before they (still don't like that they do this but whatever) remove content from the game again.

Vuule
04-28-2013, 04:43 PM

Yes please!

Hopefully some actual new missions instead of pursuits :) And wasn't there supposed to be a new big patch again? Or did they postpone it because of the previous one?

Ryan
04-28-2013, 04:57 PM

My theory: Content everyone will complain about no matter what it is.

Free content is good content IMO.

Dantronos223
04-28-2013, 05:02 PM
I hope it's an added mini game that you can start on any of the farms called pow farmer 2046, and if they have chicken options then even more topping on the cake!

Pyth
04-28-2013, 05:03 PM
Probably just gonna be some more data recorders and a new hat to unlock.

I would love to see more but I'm a very pessimistic person.
This.

/10char

K A S H I H A R A D
04-28-2013, 05:04 PM
Forum complaints. Forum complaints everywhere.

Pasha
04-28-2013, 05:11 PM
No matter what there will be bugs involved. Lots of them - both hellbugs and software errors.

Forum complaints. Forum complaints everywhere.

It's ok. They create illusion there are still many people in the game while my clan has maybe 5 people online out of ~60 toons.

RelativeBlue
04-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Volge, hopefully.

Yun
04-28-2013, 05:41 PM
I've managed to complete all of episode 1 pursuits but as for episode 2 I've not had a winning team deathmatch, did manage to snag a spot on the winning team in a shadow war to get that done. So as it stands Echelons Most wanted contract which is 100 kills in Pvp (not my thing so very unlikely for me) as is winning a TD game means I'll have at least 5/6 of all the current content complete.

Rasczak
04-28-2013, 05:42 PM
Shrug. I've stopped caring. My real-life friends/family are all trying Rift Lite this weekend (since the wife and I already play it). I might just be watching the Defiance show but playing Rift before the next week is over. Probably check back a couple of months down the line and see if the Trion Lite team has gotten this game on the ball yet.

budha
04-28-2013, 05:45 PM
One thing that no one has said is the end of the Armistice missions on Monday April 29.

Schwa
04-28-2013, 05:45 PM
The paper lanterns are now blue, and the fireworks have been replaced by confetti.

I'd love for Trion to prove me wrong, but I've very little reason to think that right now.

RabMan
04-28-2013, 06:22 PM
My theory: Content everyone will complain about no matter what it is.

Free content is good content IMO.

You've never seen GW2's free content. It'll blow this stuff out of the water.

Neogeo
04-28-2013, 06:26 PM
Maybe it's hellbug lantern.

Rasczak
04-28-2013, 07:14 PM
You've never seen GW2's free content. It'll blow this stuff out of the water.

I actually got a refund on GW2. Odd thing is, you are 100% right and Defiance has somehow made me miss that other Buy to Play game. :(

Lyokira
04-28-2013, 07:17 PM
More (hell)bugs! (and more normal bugs)

Honestly though, hoping for more arkfall variety, and of them actually implementing the rest of the 1.010 patch notes.

Ryan
04-28-2013, 07:18 PM
I'm patient and I believe good content will come free or in paid DLC form.
As for the episode content don't expect anything like a huge map fragment to be added or new race. Just a mission or 2 maybe a couple pursuits.
Just remember this is all content they didn't have to add so enjoy it.

Jesse
04-28-2013, 07:22 PM
Monday's in-game content for Episode 3:

1.) Go kill XX amount of something over there.
2.) Run this co-op map and kill a boss that doesn't drop loot.
3.) Drive your vehicle in a circle 500 times.

doggirl211
04-28-2013, 07:35 PM
Whatever it is, it needs to NOT require PvP. The fact remains that some people simply do not enjoy PvP, and requiring that to complete a pursuit (or pursuits) for episode content just isn't right. There are already multiple pursuits related to PvP for the folks that enjoy that, why force people to play against other players to complete content that has been advertised as a "tie in" to the TV show.

And before someone flames me because "no one is forcing you to do anything", its fair to say that most people playing this game are wanting/trying to complete the episode content. That's part of the attraction of the whole Defiance experience, feeling like you have a "connection" to the show. But, making PvP a requirement for episode content is making those pursuits unattainable for me, and others, who refuse to PvP.

skepticck
04-28-2013, 07:49 PM
I so hope i'm wrong but i predict another "huge" patch (4GB +) with very little content.

Skeptic
04-28-2013, 07:59 PM
I think patch notes will say something similar to:
Fixed Server Stability
Applied a patch that will fix reloading bug in an upcoming patch
(until then reloading is disabled and once you use your magazine of ammo you will need to replace your weapon.)
Applied small change to Nim increasing damage by 50% and health by 45%

but in actuality it will nerf key codes to where you get 3 for placing first in damage in instance's and two for placing second however the zero damage will cause no keycodes to be attainable by anyone lockboxes will only be attainable through the cash shop.

They will also fix shadow wars so that everyone that ques will enter on the same team.
and further fix PvP by only allowing players with cloak and using a shotgun to que up.
and will remove all that worthless content from San Francisco, except for Nim whom you will have to defeat

ratt707
04-28-2013, 08:16 PM
It better not be data recorders, I'd rather have more lanterns.

ten4
04-28-2013, 08:46 PM
Monday's in-game content for Episode 3:

1.) Go kill XX amount of something over there.
2.) Run this co-op map and kill a boss that doesn't drop loot.
3.) Drive your vehicle in a circle 500 times.

This

10chars

Lyokira
04-29-2013, 08:56 PM
More (hell)bugs! (and more normal bugs)

Honestly though, hoping for more arkfall variety, and of them actually implementing the rest of the 1.010 patch notes.

Woo half-accurate prediction! Now to see if there're more normal bugs as well..

PeterPolaski
04-29-2013, 09:09 PM
It's like you guys start eating a hamburger. You don't like the taste, and complain after each bite, but guess what? You finish your burger and get another one. Makes no sense.

PeterPolaski
04-29-2013, 09:12 PM
They're adding a new title called "Elite Crybaby". You have to post at least 20 rants about how the game sucks, but also put 6 hours a day into the game for a month. Sweet!