PDA

View Full Version : Human females toons are too skinny.

Krapoton
04-28-2013, 04:11 PM
Do something about it please, it's horrible.

Especially with some suits, sometimes it's okay, sometimes the toon seems to be anorexic.

Anderson
04-28-2013, 04:16 PM
The dudes are too bulky. I'd swear my character is almost square shaped. Like a Rob Liefeld character.

Nithryok
04-28-2013, 04:45 PM

Especially with some suits, sometimes it's okay, sometimes the toon seems to be anorexic.

Chubby chaser!

Verios44
04-28-2013, 04:50 PM
Yea, my irathiant male seems a bit big in his ark infiltrator armor.

crasher
04-28-2013, 04:51 PM

The Irathient chix are too beefy. Needs more lithe.

Pyth
04-28-2013, 04:55 PM
They have 12" waist, DD breast and an *** that makes you say "dayum".

What's not to love?

Misterbooms7ick
04-28-2013, 04:59 PM
I wish they gave us more body styles to pick from; thin, athletic & fat. Also the option of; short, average or tall. Just to give us more options. Plus it would be more fun to have some more customization options on the body.

Defy
04-28-2013, 04:59 PM
if they change it then ppl are gonna complain they are too fat

cant please everybody lol

Ikagawa
04-28-2013, 05:01 PM
if they change it then ppl are gonna complain they are too fat

cant please everybody lol

Body sliders during customization.

Anderson
04-28-2013, 05:02 PM
I wish they gave us more body styles to pick from; thin, athletic & fat. Also the option of; short, average or tall. Just to give us more options. Plus it would be more fun to have some more customization options on the body.

They need a "Sex Appeal" slider like in Saint's Row the Third, so I can be a lady with watermelon sized boobs, or a dude who looks like he has a basketball shoved down his pants.

Myst
04-28-2013, 05:06 PM

This is what I expected and was saddened when I didn't see it. I seem to be a walking stick of breasts with all any of the attire it seems; Drifter and Corperative Operative :( .

K A S H I H A R A D
04-28-2013, 05:06 PM
They have 12" waist, DD breast and an *** that makes you say "dayum".

What's not to love?

Seriously.

This thread confuses me greatly. Unless...

Chubby chaser!

This sounds suspiciously legit.

Tigercml
04-28-2013, 05:09 PM
Toons? There aren't any cartoons in this game.

Misterbooms7ick
04-28-2013, 05:09 PM
They need a "Sex Appeal" slider like in Saint's Row the Third, so I can be a lady with watermelon sized boobs, or a dude who looks like he has a basketball shoved down his pants.

Or everyone will end up looking like "Borderlands 2" characters...big fat slobs that barely fit into their outfits.

Nithryok
04-28-2013, 05:11 PM
I think Trion team should go play scarlet blade, get some ideas and come back imo.

Lollie
04-28-2013, 05:18 PM
I think Trion team should go play scarlet blade, get some ideas and come back imo.

Defender class (http://www.aeriagames.com/wiki/index.php?title=Defender&game=scarletblade)

I like long walks on the beach, candlelit dinners, and hot showers in enemies' arterial spray. Especially if I'm taking that shower for a reason, like saving the world. I'm kind of an idealist. I don't mind guys who hide behind me as I cleave enemies in two. Gender stereotypes are bull****. It's so 100 years ago.

And really, no matter who you are... My blade is bigger than yours.

Killing Naraks (I'm programmed this way).
Guys who are secure
Babies (would like a family someday)
Powerlifting
Large antique blades that everybody thinks are too big to be practical

Dislikes:

Sparing Naraks
Guys who are insecure
Guys who try to show me they're stronger than I am (Hint: you're not)
Small blades
Selfish people

Serial Number: 7325901K
Favorite Song: "Invincible" by Pat Benatar
Weapon of Choice: Ridiculously large blades.
I'm Really Good At: wielding swords people say are impractically large

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v493/the_pics/other%20crap/facepalm_.jpg

Kitty
04-28-2013, 05:23 PM
I like how they look kinda toned up but not too busty, and not too skinny. It's how I'd imagine arkhunters to look - they'd need to be fit and strong but not OTT.
Sliders would be cool, they'd bring some diversity to peoples' appearances but I don't think it's important.

Golgo_13
04-28-2013, 05:58 PM
This is a great point. I always thought fixed heights were a ****ty, limiting idea.

Darstrom
04-28-2013, 06:12 PM
All the complex armours would need to be reworked for every body shape else they would look stretched/compressed in places

Sylvae
04-28-2013, 10:45 PM
I support the idea of body slider customization; as long as both sides get to determine what size they see.

You can have your 76" waist in that miner outfit, as long as I see the slender version. Ain't no one want to see that slide into some spandex, other than yourself. No sense others should be punished for your issues.

Rudal
04-28-2013, 10:56 PM
I don't mind them being skinny, I won't make any Human female character cause they are all ugly!!

CapricaSix
04-28-2013, 11:07 PM
I won't make any Human female character cause they are all ugly!!

Agreed, not nearly enough options for facial customisation or skin complexion, it's extremely limited... Needs to be sorted.

Personally I don't think the humans are "skinny" enough, if I could, I'd make it just a bit skinnier, I'd understand if others want large breasts and big bums but as others have pointed out adding sliders into the char customisation would solve that, everyone could have what they like without being forced into anything then as it should've been in the first place. Need more short, tall, fat and skinny characters all around, the more variety the better.

I'm rather disturbed by my Irathient character especially when sprinting, certain parts of her are just too... voluptuous. It's distracting lol

Tgreen
04-28-2013, 11:28 PM
I don't mind them being skinny, I won't make any Human female character cause they are all ugly!!

You mean as in 'all humans'?

Anyone who has played SW:ToR knows how bad the idea of fat characters was ... was never used for anything good, I assure you.
And height being customizable would've been nice, although 9 out of 10 games this would've lead to tons of midgets and I suppose with Defiance being a shooter this is a quite sensitive topic.

Cyripax NeoPrime
04-28-2013, 11:40 PM
Exactly. I wondered why these were not included since beta

WhiteCell
04-28-2013, 11:47 PM
An entire thread devoted to the female characters in the game looking too good and not a single actual image?

I am disappointed.

Where is the height slider too?

Sword
04-29-2013, 12:25 AM
And their stance needs to change too, It looks like they've been in the saddle all day.

Khaos
04-29-2013, 12:29 AM
I'm not even going to bother saying "no offence" before this statement because it inevitably will but I don't like looking at fat people in real life so I'd rather not see them in game, BUTTTT, if its incredibly quick and painless to just add a fat version of each character type to the mix to shut people up then so be it.

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 12:59 AM
I don't like looking at fat people in real life so I'd rather not see them in game.

On a gaming forum this might prime you for some blazing replies.

But I have to agree ... nothing nice about ugly people for anyone who's not a fetishist.

Maybe just get some massive armor and stick your toon right in there to make her look more massive? : o

Jules
04-29-2013, 01:01 AM
I agree with yoU!

Opus
04-29-2013, 01:14 AM

Exactly. I've been complaining about this since the first beta. Seems kinda odd that we're all the same size, simply because we're the same sex and species.

Jules
04-29-2013, 01:19 AM
Always nice to have the option to personalize the character your are going to be playing a couple thousand levels with....

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 02:14 AM
Exactly. I've been complaining about this since the first beta. Seems kinda odd that we're all the same size, simply because we're the same sex and species.

Size and height variating has an impact on gameplay on any game where you have to aim at players (or are aimed at by mobs) ... I suppose the reason why they didn't go with the idea can be found here.

crasher
04-29-2013, 02:21 AM
And their stance needs to change too, It looks like they've been in the saddle all day.

It's the 'walking with a full and squishy Pampers' look that bugs me.

Lollie
04-29-2013, 02:23 AM

I was going to mention that. Do the male characters also walk like this?

Cl Chaos
04-29-2013, 02:33 AM
The dudes are too bulky. I'd swear my character is almost square shaped. Like a Rob Liefeld character.

my guy looks like Chuck Norris

Cl Chaos
04-29-2013, 02:34 AM
Always nice to have the option to personalize the character your are going to be playing a couple thousand levels with....

You're not Your lol

CapricaSix
04-29-2013, 02:37 AM

lol too right. They need to add weapon holstering, so that we can run/walk/stand idly like the NPCs around without the funky posture.

That being said, if it ever happens I hope they won't half-arse it like they did with Rift... it's been years since the game is out and there's still no animation for weapon holstering, it looks horrible teleporting your weapons from your back to your hands.

Panthan
04-29-2013, 02:42 AM

Yes please!

SoopaMan2K
04-29-2013, 02:50 AM

LOL! Yeah, I don't know why our default stance isn't like Outlaw, Veteran etc. And why don't the females have ear pieces like the males do? The Ierathiants(SP*), male or female muscle mass is huge compared to the humans.

COLD
04-29-2013, 03:30 AM
one more pathetic thread

Zoldran
04-29-2013, 03:40 AM

Are we playing defiance or Aoen.. Stop trying to find ways to break the game. Super tall stick peopel not needed, also Full moon babies are not cute. But if we are talk thick southern Redbone chicks I am. I will even bring the butter.

Blackwolfe
04-29-2013, 03:54 AM
No need for body sliders, just give us three body types to pick from. Fit, ordinary and big. Of course the fit one shouldn't look anorexic and the big one shouldn't be like jabba the hut. It does not have to be huge variations.

Zoldran
04-29-2013, 03:59 AM
No need for body sliders, just give us three body types to pick from. Fit, ordinary and big.

Sorry to say this. I love big girls by the way.... I can not see a fat guy or girl shooting tumble to cover. Without Getting shot over a thousand time before they get up for the tumble. Oh yeah, then there is that mega bot mission cut scene. Not happening. Oh then there is the Running from the war head before it blows. Just cant see mr tubs get very far before becomeing mr splat.

Blackwolfe
04-29-2013, 04:07 AM
Sorry to say this. I love big girls by the way.... I can not see a fat guy or girl shooting tumble to cover. Without Getting shot over a thousand time before they get up for the tumble. Oh yeah, then there is that mega bot mission cut scene. Not happening. Oh then there is the Running from the war head before it blows. Just cant see mr tubs get very far before becomeing mr splat.

Im not talking about fat to be honest, but a bit bigger than the average.

Zoldran
04-29-2013, 04:17 AM
Im not talking about fat to be honest, but a bit bigger than the average.

How much bigger, the tumble to clover spots are only so big. Lol, ok i have to say it. Watching a fat guy with blur, isnt most of him a blur because he is running? Sorry bad joke.

duction
04-29-2013, 04:19 AM
I like my female char the way she is. If its not broke don't fix it.

Zoldran
04-29-2013, 04:21 AM
Then there is cloak. do I even need to go here. The you get decoy and over charge. still trying tofigure how those are going to work. Which decoy is going to run, this will turn in to a uncomfortable arguement for the mobs. Fat guy argueing with decoy because neither wants to run. Yeah this is going to work out well. ;)

Cistzelos
04-29-2013, 04:21 AM
Let's be real here. All the fat people would have died off in the war due to not being able to run fast enough. Zombieland rules apply here.

Blackwolfe
04-29-2013, 04:24 AM
Let's be real here. All the fat people would have died off in the war due to not being able to run fast enough. Zombieland rules apply here.

Or they simply got more fit from all the running. Desperation is a "great" motivator :P

Zoldran
04-29-2013, 04:27 AM
Or they simply got more fit from all the running. Desperation is a "great" motivator :P
Also so are warheads ,giant robots with lazer guided weapons, not to mention the bug problems.

Badblade
04-29-2013, 04:30 AM
Good to see that this is what the downers are complaining about these days... There must not be anything serious worth posting about,

Blackwolfe
04-29-2013, 04:32 AM
Good to see that this is what the downers are complaining about these days... There must not be anything serious worth posting about,

Yes, variety is a bad thing.

Rudal
04-29-2013, 04:43 AM
I think EVE Online had the best character customization I ever seen.
There was one more game with quite extensive character customization feature as well but I dont remember the name now.
But I think it would be too much to ask from consoles. ;-)

Predator
04-29-2013, 04:46 AM
More bodytypes to choose from the start would surely help a alot.

Zoldran
04-29-2013, 04:47 AM
I think EVE Online had the best character customization I ever seen.
There was one more game with quite extensive character customization feature as well but I dont remember the name now.
But I think it would be too much to ask from consoles. ;-)

Cough aeon cough cough ... Sorry got a really bad taste in my mouth

Sylvae
04-29-2013, 05:23 AM
How much bigger, the tumble to clover spots are only so big. Lol, ok i have to say it. Watching a fat guy with blur, isnt most of him a blur because he is running? Sorry bad joke.

It should be a must, that every fat guy character running in to cover should be given a slow-mo, as his man boobs jiggle up and down.

As for the person counter-pointing you, the whole running thing getting them fit would kind of make fat characters superfluous; wouldn't it? If they got fit from running, why are they still acting as their own hog in avatar form? Other than that one Robot Chicken episode, how often is there a fat superhero?

Cistzelos
04-29-2013, 05:50 AM
Cough aeon cough cough ... Sorry got a really bad taste in my mouth

Need to stop sucking in back alleys....

I kid I kid....

squidgod2000
04-29-2013, 06:09 AM
http://i.imgur.com/9Q8ZFQc.jpg

Sdric
04-29-2013, 06:28 AM
Gotta love how in every game chubby and big people feel offended by attractive characters with either sportive or erotic bodies "because it's unrealistic" and they can't identify with them.

What if I told you that there actually are people with great bodies.
Shall we feel offended whenever we're supposed to play a chubby character?
They totally have to make Rufus thin for the next Street Fighter, else I gonna cry!

crasher
04-29-2013, 07:02 AM
Then there is cloak. do I even need to go here. The you get decoy and over charge. still trying tofigure how those are going to work. Which decoy is going to run, this will turn in to a uncomfortable arguement for the mobs. Fat guy argueing with decoy because neither wants to run. Yeah this is going to work out well. ;)

I can see it now.
Fat guy cloaks, and, well, only 80% of him cloaks.
The other 20% furthest from the core goes kinda opaque.....
;)

Jules
04-29-2013, 07:31 AM
You're not Your lol
I know! It was just 4:30 am and my brain was not quite working.

Jules
04-29-2013, 07:33 AM
one more pathetic thread

Are you mad because your pampers are squishy too?

Groone
04-29-2013, 07:34 AM
Are you mad because your pampers are squishy too?

Lol you're awesome. UDL could use a savvy wench like you.

Jules
04-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Lol you're awesome. UDL could use a savvy wench like you.

Why thank you!

Cynical Jester
04-29-2013, 07:39 AM
I hate to say it both male and female models are the same size... It just depends on the outfit you choose... In the right outfit it looks like the male is anorexic rockin skinnies... terrible..

half the reason I bought the outfit I did... He looks like a man now..

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 07:47 AM
I hate to say it both male and female models are the same size...

You really should buy some glasses.

Cynical Jester
04-29-2013, 08:09 AM
You really should buy some glasses.

You really should pay more attention

Edit: It's the same reason their is a difference between PvP outfits and PvE outfits... But they are all the same model size at their base... Just look at the silhouette before you actually make a char.. Yea its bald but its neither male nor female.. That's pretty much the base model...

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 08:27 AM
Just walked into another character and you are plain wrong.
It's not even the same height (neither head nor waist) for male human vs female irathient. Width of shoulders deviates as well and the female character is wearing light armor while the male one is wearing one of the technician outfits.

Kiiper
04-29-2013, 08:35 AM
Yeah switching from a human male to a human female felt like I was moving from the hulk into a teenager xD. I think it's more they need to shrink the guy's models a bit.

Misterbooms7ick
04-29-2013, 09:12 AM
Yeah switching from a human male to a human female felt like I was moving from the hulk into a teenager xD. I think it's more they need to shrink the guy's models a bit.

Yeah...until you do some missions and are standing next to Torq who is about 2 heads taller then you. Where is his body as an option?

Galactimus
04-29-2013, 09:13 AM
"Come on Barbie pizza party"
"Ha ha ha. Yeah!"

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-29-2013, 09:41 AM
Yeah...until you do some missions and are standing next to Torq who is about 2 heads taller then you. Where is his body as an option?

If you haven't noticed, he is the bastard child of Lt. Worf and Chewbacca. You can't pick that option... yet.

Cynical Jester
04-29-2013, 04:49 PM

You all realize the stances are different right? The bodies are the same size! The only thing that makes them differ is the armor. Irathient may be bigger compared to the human.. but I really I doubt it... I'll compare more later .. maybe with screenies..

an official comment that said .. no.. cynical.. your just dumb and not paying attention.. would be welcomed.. but pretty sure they are the same size or very very very close.

VileLeche
04-29-2013, 05:55 PM
I want to be a hulking, massive slab of muscle and rage that can barely fit into my Challenger. Why? Because I can't be in real life and this is.....just a game.