PDA

View Full Version : a.i. has insane accuracy

sirreal420
04-28-2013, 05:52 PM
is it just me or has anyone else noticed that the a.i. has incredible accuracy? for some reason even when i am cloaked, and a quarter mile from mobs they still manage to hit me with explosives 10 out of 10 times....and they completely ignore npcs, and the npcs cant hit them at all....and heaven forbid your up in a tower or something then the mobs just run under you and cant be seen targeted or even hit with explosives...wtf...

Verios44
04-28-2013, 05:54 PM
Nah, its just right. Maybe even too little accuracy. Mobs are too easy, even dark matter is cake walks.

BrassRazoo
04-28-2013, 06:11 PM
Yep. They are all crack shots.
They also have grenades with one second cooldowns and never need to pick up more ammo.
It is pretty crazy sometimes.

Neogeo
04-28-2013, 06:16 PM
Gotta love Dark Matter Enforcer full auto on my head miles away. But then the AI is really stupid, I could hide behind a cover, picking them one by one, they would never try to rushdown unless I'm close to them. Maybe the insane accuracy is to compensate their stupidity.

Niurok
04-28-2013, 06:19 PM
Only Darkmatter guys that actually try to come get me is the snipers and bulwarks...but yea the humanoid mobs in this game shouldn't have that great of accuracy.

thejx4
04-28-2013, 06:20 PM
Raiders are annoying as **** on PS3 sometimes because the fix for enemies shooting out the side of their guns/while reloading hasn't been deployed yet. All the effects on the screen when getting hit can be a little annoying too. But they're usually easy to deal with.

Wtflag
04-28-2013, 06:40 PM
Their accuracy makes up for the tiny amount of clips they have in their weapons and their long reload time.

While I disagree with those l33t players who claim the game is too easy, I also believe that the game should not be made easier than it is now.

sirreal420
04-28-2013, 06:42 PM
They also have grenades with one second cooldowns and never need to pick up more ammo.
It is pretty crazy sometimes. exactly....

Lyokira
04-28-2013, 06:55 PM
Only Darkmatter guys that actually try to come get me is the snipers and bulwarks...but yea the humanoid mobs in this game shouldn't have that great of accuracy.

Only pure unaided humanoid mobs are raiders (and ally NPCs). 99ers are cyborgs, darkmatter has military grade hardware, mutants are mutants, helgubs are bugs.

Gotta love Dark Matter Enforcer full auto on my head miles away. But then the AI is really stupid, I could hide behind a cover, picking them one by one, they would never try to rushdown unless I'm close to them. Maybe the insane accuracy is to compensate their stupidity.

To be fair, it is very possible for players to full auto on enemies from miles away too (thanks to overpower). They also keep zoomed in at all times, given the sheer ease of running behind them..

It is pretty crazy sometimes.

Or they figured out how to use detonator/shotgun grenade ammo without having to show the gun.

Wadgod
04-28-2013, 07:26 PM
agree AI is far too accurate i can have my big toe sticking out from behind cover and they will nail it 95% of the time, dark matter is the worst but all enemies need to have their accuracy lowered to some degree.. I can run, jump, roll around, run from side to side, and get hit on every shot... Yes AI must be able to hit us but just not on almost every shot only minor accuracy adjustments should be made with over all damage staying the same.

anyone else notice that they getting shot through walls,rocks, crates, vehicles, and other forms of cover as well???

Lyokira
04-28-2013, 07:33 PM
agree AI is far too accurate i can have my big toe sticking out from behind cover and they will nail it 95% of the time, dark matter is the worst but all enemies need to have their accuracy lowered to some degree.. I can run, jump, roll around, run from side to side, and get hit on every shot... Yes AI must be able to hit us but just not on almost every shot only minor accuracy adjustments should be made with over all damage staying the same.

anyone else notice that they getting shot through walls,rocks, crates, vehicles, and other forms of cover as well???

Funny, dodging always significantly increases my survival rate when under fire (so long as I'm actually dodging behind a wall, as opposed to dodging in plain sight). Also, Never had any issue with enemies shooting me behind cover, so long as they're not using grenades or explosive attacks, and the cover has no holes, and I actually crouch when behind low cover..

Moose Of Woe
04-28-2013, 07:35 PM
The player has auto aim/aim assist on by default which is so strong it may as well be an aim bot. (Unless you snipe.) That alone more than offsets what the computer has.

Though accurate, the A.I. is dumb as nails and limited in number while you, the player, can zerg until you win without ramification. (180 all but useless scrip isn't even a slap on the wrist.)

Players hold a significant advantage over the A.I. Take away their aim, and the A.I. has figuratively nothing left.

Redman20
04-28-2013, 07:40 PM
This is what happens when you rip your AI code straight from brink

Utterly stupid enemy
Insane accuracy

Clown
04-28-2013, 07:43 PM
Though accurate, the A.I. is dumb as nails and limited in number while you, the player, can zerg until you win without repercussion. (180 all but useless scrip? lol!)

Players hold a significant advantage over the A.I. Take away their aim, and the A.I. has figuratively nothing left.

They have numbers. You guys seem to think that they are asking that the A.I. go from pro shots to useless shots. I agree that the accuracy of some of the enemies need to be toned down. Going head on against a Bioman grenadier is tough at times when their shots not only always land at your feet and explode instantly but sometimes they lead their shots.

The accuracy might not be an issue if you had a team but frankly this is primarily a solo game it seems. With so few people on per phase/sub-server and everyone spread out with the lack of a world chat then your best team is people already there with you or your clan.

The AI isn't stupid, lowering the accuracy a bit won't hurt.

DeadCynic
04-28-2013, 07:48 PM

Bulwarks... I hate them

DAWG
04-28-2013, 07:48 PM
Only pure unaided humanoid mobs are raiders (and ally NPCs). 99ers are cyborgs, darkmatter has military grade hardware, mutants are mutants, helgubs are bugs.

That would be with the exception of the Librata Raider Rioters, and the Sensoth Tankers?

RequiemPrime
04-28-2013, 07:50 PM
I do agree that the A.I.'s accuracy needs to be adjusted a wee bit. The enemies are already aggressive, and numerous around the map, so trying to take a quick sec to catch your breath isn't always a possibility. There's no cover system. And as stated, there's no need for them to worry about ammo or cooldowns.

And Dark Matter is completely OTT. Nim himself was a piece of cake compared to some of Dark Matter's mobs.

Moose Of Woe
04-28-2013, 07:55 PM
They have numbers.

The AI holds limited numbers. (Apart from a handful of glitched areas where they respawn indefinately.)

The player's lives, however, are infinite. You can zerg anything not a boss encounter until you thin the enemy out to the point you eventually win.

The numbers game is vastly skewed in the player's favor as is everything else.

Shada Mori
04-28-2013, 07:57 PM
I have to disagree.. if anything I think the open world AI is a bit slow. Yes they are accurate, but they don't really use much in the way of tactics or reasoning. You can often fool them hiding behind a simple obstacle they could step one step to the left or right and kill you behind. The accuracy at least gives it a modicum of challenge. I will however agree that bulwarks are utter bastards.

Lyokira
04-28-2013, 07:57 PM
The AI holds limited numbers. (Apart from a handful of glitched areas where they respawn indefinately.)

The player's lives, however, are infinite. You can zerg anything not a boss encounter until you thin the enemy out to the point you eventually win.

The numbers game is vastly skewed in the player's favor as is everything else.

Well, infinite if you ignore the (granted miniscue) extraction cost.

ghostercon
04-28-2013, 08:00 PM
And how would you make the AI challenging?

Moose Of Woe
04-28-2013, 08:00 PM
Well, infinite if you ignore the (granted miniscue) extraction cost.

Though I've never tried it, I imagine even if you lack the 180 scrip for extraction the game gives it to you anyway. Still infinite.

I can't see them having a mechanic in place if you lack 180 scrip.

Iceberg
04-28-2013, 08:03 PM
I can feel their accuracy on minigun mayham, they light me up like a christmas tree.

Moose Of Woe
04-28-2013, 08:03 PM
And how would you make the AI challenging?

For starters - reset an encounter when you die instead of allowing you to zerg until you win. As far as I know, Nim and some boss encounters reset but not the vast majority of missions.

All reward/no risk saps more challenge out of a game than the clunkiest AI ever could. The risk could be something as minor as resetting an encounter/the enemies in an area if you play like a dolt and fail. A minor setback goes a long way. It doesn't have to be something grueling like permadeath or anything in the same ballpark.

As it sits now, you can't ultimately fail outside certain boss encounters. (Or Arkfalls if the timer expires...but has anyone seriously ever NOT won an Arkfall?)

ghostercon
04-28-2013, 08:04 PM
For starters - reset an encounter when you die instead of allowing you to zerg until you win. All reward/no risk saps more challenge out of a game than the clunkiest AI ever could.

No, I've asked how would you make the AI challenging? Not the missions.
As an alpha tester I was one of the many who asked for a harder AI. Not even close to what we wished for but still.

ratt707
04-28-2013, 08:06 PM
More like not accurate enough. Combat is fun but it is easy-cakes.

If they were less accurate the game would just be easier and if anything we need the combat to be more challenging.

Iceberg
04-28-2013, 08:07 PM
No I've asked how would you make the AI challenging? Not the missions.
As an alpha tester I was one of the many who asked for a harder AI. Not even close to what we wished for but still.

They could use something like tactics, squad based attack patterns, synergy with their weapon load outs. Taking cover, avoidance, things like that. Game companies get lazy when they give enemies more health more shields and just think that makes it a challenge when really, it just makes it frustrating.

squidney2k1
04-28-2013, 08:09 PM
SMG wielding enemies = highest DPS enemies.

Why?

Because of their accuracy + rate of fire + time between bursts. And that's a little silly.

Although it is comical to see an enemy make a Halo Plasma Grenade throw and hit you in the face from 500-ft away.

Moose Of Woe
04-28-2013, 08:09 PM
No, I've asked how would you make the AI challenging? Not the missions.

Making the AI challenging greatly coincides with the gameplay mechanics. Nothing of note happens when you die, so even if you made the AI have 999999HP and 1 hit hit kills you could still zerg until you win. It wouldn't be difficult, but it would take forever. The AI, ultimately, has no chance against you.

Another gameplay mechanic is the radar. You mention flanking in your post below - flanking is rendered all but useless because of this mechanic alone. You know exactly where all of the enemies are.

Regarding the AI itself - it would help if it utilized tactics that aren't exclusively RUSH RUSH RUSH for most mobs in the game. Exceptions that come to mind are the rocket launcher bandits and Dark Matter snipers - though ultimately they tend to find their way to you if not perched some place they can't get down from.

ghostercon
04-28-2013, 08:12 PM
They could use something like tactics, squad based attack patterns, synergy with their weapon load outs. Taking cover, avoidance, things like that. Game companies get lazy when they give enemies more health more shields and just think that makes it a challenge when really, it just makes it frustrating.

Raiders for instance. They are taking cover, they are flanking. Dark matter do the very same thing and they are using synergy weapons.
As for " patterns " once you are learn them they are useless.

Lyokira
04-28-2013, 08:18 PM
Making the AI challenging greatly coincides with the gameplay mechanics. Nothing of note happens when you die, so even if you made the AI have 999999HP and 1 hit hit kills you could still zerg until you win. It wouldn't be difficult, but it would take forever. The AI, ultimately, has no chance against you.

Another gameplay mechanic is the radar. Those little red dots? You know exactly where all of the enemies are. You know precisely where they're all coming from.

Regarding the AI itself - it would help if it utilized tactics that aren't exclusively RUSH RUSH RUSH for most mobs in the game. Exceptions that come to mind are the rocket launcher bandits and Dark Matter snipers - though ultimately they tend to find their way to you if not perched some place they can't get down from.

And hellbug archers and hellpods: the first because it has no melee attack anyway, the second cause of obvious reasons.

Moose Of Woe
04-28-2013, 08:21 PM
And hellbug archers and hellpods: the first because it has no melee attack anyway, the second cause of obvious reasons.

Yes those as well. I'd lol if I saw a mobile hellpod rushing me.

"KILLLLLl HIM!" *Slither slither*

Iceberg
04-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Raiders for instance. They are taking cover, they are flanking. Dark matter do the very same thing and they are using synergy weapons.
As for " patterns " once you are learn them they are useless.

I have seen raiders fist pump in the air with their smg shooting straight up, not sure why that animation is in there but gives me enough time to kill them without any sort of fight from them.

Big guys with grenade launchers tend to walk towards your location no matter what, they need to stay back and lob from behind walls and stuff. It just seems most enemies (not snipers or rockets) seem to just spawn and run towards the players location while shooting. I haven't gotten to dark matter yet, finishing up Marin currently.

Lyokira
04-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Separately, would people complain if Darkmatter started using cloaking for more than just snipers (like say, flanking, or shotgun to face)? Hellbug warriors already sort of does it anyway..

hardy83
04-28-2013, 08:35 PM
I don't mind the accuracy, but what annoys the heck out of me is when I'm trying to run away or run for cover and a sniper hits me, my character spins around and faces the direction of where the sniper hit me. Which completely disorients me and causes me to lose precious time having to turn around and run only to spin around again because I got hit again.

SO ANNOYING! lol

sirreal420
04-28-2013, 08:35 PM

yeah i have had that experience too, even tho my shots are blocked when i try to return fire...

RatBastage
04-28-2013, 08:40 PM
The player has auto aim/aim assist on by default which is so strong it may as well be an aim bot. (Unless you snipe.) That alone more than offsets what the computer has.

Though accurate, the A.I. is dumb as nails and limited in number while you, the player, can zerg until you win without ramification. (180 all but useless scrip isn't even a slap on the wrist.)

At least on the PC you will want to turn off the auto aim as it makes the game much harder, with it on you can not lead a target at all which of course means you will miss almost 100% of the time if the target is moving.

ten4
04-28-2013, 08:44 PM
Give them all plasma smgs imo....

Then it will be a fair fight. ;)

Adrena Chrome
04-29-2013, 11:53 AM
I admit they do hit you in mid roll and good luck running away if you are in trouble. But with the right load out and tactics any scenario is do able. Main thing is don't put yourself in a situation to get attacked from multiple npc that can surround you. There are perks like shield regeneration from a critical hit that are intended to give you an edge. I can stand toe to toe with ten raiders and win easy. Complain later when you know how to set up a proper load out with cloak, critical multipliers, and shield regeneration.