PDA

View Full Version : I think this is near enough proof that defiance has crafting?

Zodiak
01-01-2013, 05:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B82S0BbLvps&feature=youtu.be&t=2m2s

check this developer video, at 2.00 minutes, it's not quite clear what the first bit is he actually says, something about a missile launcher followed by this bit which is clear as day "transport vehicles which you use for resource gathering"

Sounds like resource gathering is in, I think in another thread we were trying to figure this out.

Zodiak
01-01-2013, 06:08 PM
I also found a picture of the character tab showing what can be equipped, got this from the E3 video on youtube.

http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2415/defiance1q.jpg

Looks like there is armor, but only one piece, rather than a set. Seems a bit strange to lose some progression.

lPATT
01-01-2013, 07:08 PM
i will survived if they don't add a crafting system or resource gathering since i never was to interest in those but still those will just make more Great addition to the game so how say no to those

really curious how resource vehicle gonna work trough

Iharyd
01-01-2013, 10:56 PM
i will survived if they don't add a crafting system or resource gathering since i never was to interest in those but still those will just make more Great addition to the game so how say no to those

google translator ftw.

Gradius
01-02-2013, 12:06 AM
At this point, the more the merrier, I think. Having a crafting system in a universe where we're all trying to pick up the pieces just.. makes sense.

Fiancee
01-02-2013, 12:12 AM

You see something, you drive your car there and its probably automatic after that. Its actually quite cool if its automatic. Player stand aside of the vehicle when its done. SWTOR actually had companions who did the gathering job for you, here its your vehicle.

Fiancee
01-02-2013, 12:20 AM
I just hope crafting is more useful here as it is in Rift. In Rift basically all gears are reward or raid loot. I'd love to see player made items are really really useful.

Zodiak
01-02-2013, 12:24 AM
I came up with an explanation on why there is only 1 armor slot.

They can add more equipment slots as premium content. It makes perfect sense really to hold things back and add them in later as content, some free, some premium.

They did say they have an aggressive update schedule planned, with free and paid content almost monthly.

Fiancee
01-02-2013, 12:30 AM

They can add more equipment slots as premium content. It makes perfect sense really to hold things back and add them in later as content, some free, some premium.

They did say they have an aggressive update schedule planned, with free and paid content almost monthly.

Well we dont know yet, theres loadouts it seems. Btw, I definitely see those enchancements as premium stuff. Usually boosters, enhancements are shop stuff.

lPATT
01-02-2013, 12:52 AM

let also remember it was a alpha maybe for beta or even retail they gonna split armor piece as chest plate,head,boot etc ( even trough i would not think it will happen ) i still like the idea of the premium content =)

lPATT
01-02-2013, 03:50 AM
http://www.twitch.tv/trionworlds/b/347797767 around 7:50 he talk about the game mode of shadow wars : Team deathmatch . Capture and hold and the last one he mention is "gather the resource and bring them back" maybe that what the vehicle gonna be for only ... i might be wrong but i believe there won't be a gathering resource in defiance for crafting at launch ...

squidgod2000
01-02-2013, 04:18 AM

They're not going to add gear slots as paid content. That's just silly.

SteelPaladin
01-02-2013, 09:06 AM
would be great.

squidgod2000
01-02-2013, 10:53 AM
There is no crafting in the traditional sense (gather ingredients; click a recipe; get a gun). Instead you have modular weapons that you can break apart to mix and match (to an extent). For example: You could salvage the scope from Assault Rifle A and put it on Assault Rifle B. More item customization than item generation.

Niurok
01-02-2013, 08:50 PM
If that's how it sounds then its similar to Parasite Eve's way of modifying guns.

Jenbuu
01-03-2013, 04:35 AM
check our interview out with Rob Hill

we asked him about crafting again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oF_0lIqpm8&list=UUgmhlgTlzutbexFBu9x4E2w&index=2

squidgod2000
01-03-2013, 06:28 AM
check our interview out with Rob Hill

we asked him about crafting again
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oF_0lIqpm8&list=UUgmhlgTlzutbexFBu9x4E2w&index=2

Yeah, that's not crafting in any sense. What he's describing is nodrop special currencies that you use to buy stuff from NPCs. He's just trying to couch it as "crafting" to make the game sound like it's got everything. I'd imagine it's the same system you see in Rift and other MMOs where they use it to gate equipment and content.

Pretty safe to say they'll add crafting eventually. Whether or not it's relevant remains to be seen.

Smitch
01-03-2013, 01:41 PM
The sort of crafting I'd like to see is similar to EVE, where even the most *basic* materials & equipment are used in advanced gear. That way even low level crafters can still be relevant to the economy as a whole, rather than just for other low level player & alts... Of course, EVE offsets all this gear being made with it eventually being blown up >.<