PDA

View Full Version : Dark Matter troopers...

TheShiningLily
04-28-2013, 06:27 PM
Are probably the hardest foes in any game I have ever played. I've beaten nearly every game I own on the hardest difficulty including DAII on insane. And yet every time I fight more than 3 Dark Matter troopers I end up getting downed at least once. I use all three of my unlocked loadouts as often as I can. Currently using a BMG/Combat shotgun with health/regan perks on Overcharge. So yeah they are still kicking my butt every single time.

Saboteur 6
04-28-2013, 06:54 PM
Are probably the hardest foes in any game I have ever played. I've beaten nearly every game I own on the hardest difficulty including DAII on insane. And yet every time I fight more than 3 Dark Matter troopers I end up getting downed at least once. I use all three of my unlocked loadouts as often as I can. Currently using a BMG/Combat shotgun with health/regan perks on Overcharge. So yeah they are still kicking my butt every single time.

Dude... no to the BMG. What Ego power do you prefer? You want something that hits harder and faster like a decent LMG, AR, SMG, or Sniper. Something with nano effects obviously but a vanilla vendor SAW will do you right.

Arcuatio
04-28-2013, 06:57 PM
Shoot an infector at them then AR/SAW

thejx4
04-28-2013, 07:00 PM
During the mission where you have to hold off the Dark Matter/Raider invasion for Torc Mok...the Dark Matter guys didn't even do anything. I had more trouble with the raiders. I literally mowed them down with a flash grenade/bio-SAW combo.

Lyokira
04-28-2013, 07:03 PM
Dude... no to the BMG. What Ego power do you prefer? You want something that hits harder and faster like a decent LMG, AR, SMG, or Sniper. Something with nano effects obviously but a vanilla vendor SAW will do you right.

And more range for the matter

Wadgod
04-28-2013, 07:17 PM
i use an ar/pumpshot gun all the time with perks for increased health, damage resist, and more cloak damage, with cloak for my power.. use cover to get near the dark matter troops and hit them a few times with ur shotgun 1-3 shots at close range should drop their shields and then 1-2 more shots or melee hits should kill the standard trooper, and every other dark matter enemy except the bulwarks will die fairly quickly as well.. If u cant get close enough for a shotgun use cover and pick them off from a distance and force them to get closer to u so u can blast them with nades or shotguns, cloak out if u get over run. Yes dark matter are proly the strongest of all the enemies but they arent impossibly hard once their shields are down they drop like flies.

Arcuatio
04-28-2013, 07:19 PM
Another good thing to have is a shield with a fast regen time. 2.55sec or 3sec (I think they are the Respark named shields). If you're still having some trouble, you could always use the electrocute grenades (lightning nano) and Saw/AR weapon with same nano. The infector (as I mention previously) tend to help cause they will eat down the shield and when mob dies the parasites will attack another mob.

Ikagawa
04-28-2013, 07:24 PM
I use a Sniper Rifle to kill them without much problem unless they have one of those god forsaken bots with them. Those take a bit more maneuvering, and a high possibility that I'll swap to my Northstar Flare because it has comparable damage when hitting a crit point without the need to scope in.

Moose Of Woe
04-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Use the terrain to your advantage, keep your distance...focus fire on one at a time or simply snipe their heads off.

If you're out in the open against three or more at once just burn them down as fast as you can. A BMG is certainly not an ideal weapon against them.

If up close, wolfhound+headshots (easy since the game aims for you) completely obliterates them. Along with everything else, really.

aRtFuL
04-28-2013, 07:36 PM
Dark Matters are damn easy if you use sniper rifle and go for headshots (either semi or bolt is fine, semi just means you might have to do it twice, but because it also shoots faster, it doesn't really matter).

Also viable is the Semi-auto Assault Carbine - in fact that gun is freakin' excellent for Dark Matters because it is so accurate and you can fire it so fast, can easily take down Dark Matter in 4 or 5 shots. Also this gun's high damage means that it is probably the best gun (this and the full-auto pistol) for fighting the Bulwarks - spam shoots at the exhaust fan and the Bulwark is down in a few seconds. Don't even need to dodge.

I think most people are having trouble with them because they are using the wrong weapon (bmg, lmg or explosive weapons). Dark Matters are quite tough vs explosives, and anything low damage, low accuracy or low firing speed just gives them time to regen shields.

LMG is not very good vs Dark Matters because in normal mode it is only first 2 shots accurate - which means you have tab fire. If you are going to do that you might as well use Semi-auto AR - it is higher damage per shot, more accurate and you can fire it at the same speed as LMG only difference is you can pretty much land every shot pinpoint.

Really don't understand why not more people uses Semi-auto AR. It is better than LMG in almost every scenario (besides Arkfall of course because with Arkfall you just don't care and just want to spam damage :P )