PDA

View Full Version : A Rift promo during Beta 3?

Sanguinesun
03-21-2013, 09:59 AM
Got a mail inviting me to play Rift from the 21st through the 24th. It seems to set a promo like that at the same time Trion's trying to get people interested in Defiance is counter intuitive o.O.

Delphos
03-21-2013, 10:01 AM
I think this is a very bad choice. I would like very much to take part on the both events, but the fact they are on the same weekend won't allow.

Sanguinesun
03-21-2013, 12:30 PM
Massively just did an article about Rift's anniversary promo weekend as well. Made not even a single mention of Defiance's beta either.

Exes
03-21-2013, 12:35 PM
It happens to be the anniversary, you can't always schedule stuff so it works for all games. Also a two year anniversary is way more news worthy than a beta weekend 2 weeks before release.

EdgeTW
03-21-2013, 12:41 PM
Also a two year anniversary is way more news worthy than a beta weekend 2 weeks before release.

Not sure I agree with that. Would you expect to see a two year anniversary of Rift trump coverage of, oh, Blizzard's Titan on its beta weekend 2 weeks prior to launch?

I think it just boils down to where your interests are, and whoever made the call there certainly tipped their hand.

PapaMudd
03-21-2013, 12:43 PM
Not sure I agree with that. Would you expect to see a two year anniversary of Rift trump coverage of, oh, Blizzard's Titan on it's beta weekend 2 weeks prior to launch?

I think it just boils down to where you're interests are, and whoever made the call there certainly tipped their hand.

*redacted*

EdgeTW
03-21-2013, 12:51 PM
I only say Titan because it's well known. Feel free to change that out with Elder Scrolls Online, Destiny, or any other upcoming MMO the media seems to be hot for.

Pasha
03-21-2013, 01:06 PM
I'm playing Rift for 2nd day - leveling mid-50 toon. However despite its visual attractiveness I can't play it for more than couple hours in a row so my time in Defiance beta won't suffer much.