04-28-2013, 07:41 PM
No you can not.

nosworc
04-28-2013, 07:52 PM
Nope
/10char

twoeyebug
04-28-2013, 08:24 PM
Funny, I never thought of that...kind of dumb that's the only thing ego level seems to effect in the weapons

Wiggles
04-28-2013, 08:28 PM
I find it funny that I'm 2200 ego and my weapons aren't really any stronger than weapons at 220 ego.

twoeyebug
04-28-2013, 08:31 PM
I find it funny that I'm 2200 ego and my weapons aren't really any stronger than weapons at 220 ego.

Yeah my ego is only 500ish but my best/fav weapon is ego level 97

Extix666
04-29-2013, 05:14 AM
and thats whats turning alot of people away from this game besides a few stat changes weapons dont really scale to lvl which makes things more tactical but i was using a 80 something assualt rifle till i was 450

chrismeyer34
04-29-2013, 05:50 AM
yeah i agree, it kinda seems redundant to not have weapons and shields lvl with your ego...hell even borderlands lvls their weapons and shields with your character, just seems right

UnchartedDestiny
04-29-2013, 07:55 AM
yeah i agree, it kinda seems redundant to not have weapons and shields lvl with your ego...hell even borderlands lvls their weapons and shields with your character, just seems right

but then little kids and crybabies would be crying for more balance changes because people like me who are well over 3,000 are stealing their kills and are doing too much damage. it's funny though because this isn't a leaderboard ranked game like COD and BF, and people still biiiitch because weapons are OP.

P.S.

To the guys and little kiddies who complain about OP weapons, you make me sick...

Phrase Universe
04-29-2013, 08:02 AM
but then little kids and crybabies would be crying for more balance changes because people like me who are well over 3,000 are stealing their kills and are doing too much damage. it's funny though because this isn't a leaderboard ranked game like COD and BF, and people still biiiitch because weapons are OP.

This^^^^^^

Shogo_Yahagi
04-29-2013, 08:05 AM
Weapons have ego levels because your ego level affects what bonuses come on weapons and (apparently) how many bonuses you can get, as well as the maximum number of mod slots that are unlocked when the item drops. Weapons don't drop with synergies, for example, until you get your ego high enough. Similarly, if you get your ego level high enough, you can start finding weapons with more than one bonus (faster reload and higher crit, for example).

Likewise, you can find better shields with effects and elemental damage resistance.

The idea is that you can only trade items up to people who could find them on their own, but not down to someone who couldn't get them on their own. There is vertical item progression, it's just fairly lame vertical item progression.