PDA

View Full Version : I just had the most insane series of events occur.

SuitcoatAvenger
04-28-2013, 08:52 PM
So, I'm bombing around, doing missions I had neglected in my rush to the endgame. I had been waiting to do Project Aegis pt 1 because I had heard that it was bugged earlier, but figured I'd see if it had been fixed. Now, if you're not familiar, Project Aegis involves you traveling down the coastal highway on the far-left side of Sausalito. To complete the mission, you have to "reboot" four turrets lined along the road. The road is full of bandits.

Not too much trouble, I think to myself. So, I dive in, and at first everything is going fine. I'm popping Raider heads like it ain't no thang. I get to the second turret, and as I'm hacking it, two Raider bosses appear (can't remember their name - they wear vulnerable backpacks and are fond of yelling "CATCH IT!!" over and over again). It seemed.. odd.. since they both sort of spawned on top of each other. Not looking to lose any scrip over a fight that's pointless anyway, I reboot the turret quickly and move past them.

I get to the third turret, and as I'm fighting off raiders, a Hellbug event suddenly spawns around me. Suddenly archers and warriors are popping up left and right, I've got raiders shooting rockets overhead. I chalk it up to the mission structure. Whatever. After some difficulty, I manage to reboot the turret and make a dash for the fourth which isn't far away.

This is when things get a little nutso.

I no sooner reach the turret when - and I'm not kidding - AT LEAST FIFTY SKITTERLINGS spawn immediately around me. It's easily the most skitterlings I've seen spawn in one area, even in Arkfalls. They're accompanied by archers and warriors, but no sweat. I start mowing through them when suddenly an event prompt appears at the top of the screen:

"REGICIDE"

I turn just in time to see a MONARCH barreling my way. I dodge out of the way of its roll and start plinking away at it. All the while, I'm still trying to avoid Archer shots and the occasional raider which has randomly spawned.

As I'm fighting the Monach, I hear a deep-throated roar sound up behind me. I turn and see...

A HULKER. YUP. NOW THERE'S A HULKER, TOO.

So now I'm just grenade-spamming. Just rolling like a madman and trying to survive. A couple of other Arkhunters happen by and start helping out. We take down the Monarch together. We're all concentrating on the Hulker when my EGO pipes up: "I'm detecting an incoming Arkfall."

What?

BOOM. Suddenly Arkfall crystals slam down all around us (somehow trapping the Hulker between one of the barriers). Now we're facing SCRAPPERS AS WELL.

We man up and get through it, the Hunter goes down and we save the day, but holy crap. That was insane. I don't know if it was bad timing or a bug, but I feel like I just ran a digital marathon.

tldr; THANKS FOR THE INCREASE IN EVENT ENCOUNTERS.

Ryaad
04-28-2013, 08:55 PM
The funny thing is that this is only slightly more wacky than what currently passes for normal with this mission.

Quitix Adel
04-28-2013, 08:56 PM
Yeah, I had that same thing happen to me during that event. It was pretty fun to mow through all those enemies.

SuitcoatAvenger
04-28-2013, 08:58 PM
The funny thing is that this is only slightly more wacky than what currently passes for normal with this mission.

Yeah, from what I've read it sounds like some of the difficulty is common. However, I've now seen a Hulker and a Monarch tagteam a sentry turret, while Raiders fight off swarms of skitterlings.

The apocalypse: sometimes depressing, never boring.

Swampster
04-28-2013, 08:59 PM
Yeah, bad timing on the Arkfall.. but the rest is standard for that mission.
If you don't agro the monarch, the hulker generally takes care of it for you.. as well as pretty much anything else in the vicinity, leaving you with the hulker to sort out at the end :)

Misterbooms7ick
04-28-2013, 09:01 PM
I have had 2 SF Side Quests that were layered, during the midde of the quest with an additional Dark Matter Emergency Event (for a ack of a better term). It happened once in Nob Hill and once in Fisherman's Wharf. It pretty much sucked when I was trying to do the Side Mission and DM Bulwarks & Monitors start popping up.

RelativeBlue
04-28-2013, 09:27 PM
And then BOOM arkfall! SHTF.

Nefarious
04-28-2013, 09:29 PM
lol I know how you feel.

http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?53882-Project-Aegis-Maddness&p=482773#post482773

Numina
04-28-2013, 10:24 PM
When I'm very bored, I go down there and pull the hulker and just shoot him up to level weapon skill lol. I tried to do this with the monarch that is also there, but it did not work out in my favor when the entire hellbug swarm ended up chasing me down.

Juggernaut
04-28-2013, 11:01 PM
The apocalypse: sometimes depressing, never boring.

LOVE YOUR QUOTE.

This same thing happened to me... It was insane, yet very very amusing and fun. It makes me want to go back down there, and just for fun drag the raider tankers to follow me into that hellhole of a mess.

Sylvae
04-28-2013, 11:14 PM
It's a bit annoying when you're doing something just to level up a weapon skill set you don't normally use; but when you swap to your normal skill set the break in normallity makes it really damn fun. Plus it's entertaining to see the Hulk take down the skitterlings, as opposed to bumrushing you over and over. And when you add in the raiders nearby, it's like a snipers paradise. Did that sucker twice today aiming to get the tanker weekly done in time.+

Era
04-28-2013, 11:20 PM
Sounds like a normal day in western Sausalito.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/Strifera/monarchandhulkertoetotoeinsausilito_zpscc1d52db.pn g

Myst
04-28-2013, 11:25 PM
Sounds like a normal day in western Sausalito.

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii197/Strifera/monarchandhulkertoetotoeinsausilito_zpscc1d52db.pn g

Lol damn :P

/10chars

reciprocate
04-28-2013, 11:37 PM
Hulker bugged out a major arkfall (bug one) there earlier. He apparently one shotted the crystal, so it kept spawning monarchs, hellpods, Elite Warriors and Archers over and over until time ran out.

CaptainRaj
04-29-2013, 12:06 AM
Yep, it's regular and completely insane. Looks crazy on the mini map too. I love it.