PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel like they are in the movie Starship Troopers?

WreckedRonin88
04-28-2013, 10:38 PM
Maybe its just me, but when ever I fight the hell bugs it reminds me Star ship Troopers and I feel like Johnny. I would like to have an add on where players could go to the Hell bugs planet. Once there, players could fight new and massive hell bugs on an epic scale.

Mirimon
04-28-2013, 10:47 PM
Maybe its just me, but when ever I fight the hell bugs it reminds me Star ship Troopers and I feel like Johnny. I would like to have an add on where players could go to the Hell bugs planet. Once there, players could fight new and massive hell bugs on an epic scale.

its more than starship troopers

you have the Borg from stng

you also get any standard mutant mobs from any b-grade scifi movie.. or something close to "reavers" in an environment that screams firefly..

we get semi-terra formed and suddenly revert to the wild west???, hick accents and all?

Ryan
04-28-2013, 11:35 PM
I've thought this a few times. When you have 2 or 3 Hellbug warriors running straight at you it really looks like Starship Troopers, it's one of those little things that I feel was unententional but pretty cool.

ImmortalFett
04-28-2013, 11:47 PM
Yeah I feel the same way makes you want to say "The only good bug is a dead bug."

BunkeredSphinx
04-29-2013, 12:47 AM
its more than starship troopers

you have the Borg from stng

you also get any standard mutant mobs from any b-grade scifi movie.. or something close to "reavers" in an environment that screams firefly..

we get semi-terra formed and suddenly revert to the wild west???, hick accents and all?

but the Dodge survives! hummer nope tank all burn out shells dodge charge survives like a boss untill you drive into a few things....

Cl Chaos
04-29-2013, 01:40 AM

ya i always feel like im in the rough necks when I join an arkfall i like to say c'mon you maggots you wanna live forever? lol :D btw the hellbug planet is earth

JammyThumbs
04-29-2013, 03:03 AM
Lol the OP is spot on, should have named the thread "want to know more"

PoLeo
04-29-2013, 03:05 AM

Gave me a chuckle.

Zoldran
04-29-2013, 03:09 AM
Honestly, I was wondering if all tech was blown up how do we have a dodge charger. That would be a interesting story in the shelter. So dave, You picked your car over your wife and kids? No I just forgot to tell them to get in. Save on the devorce right? Your a sick man dave.

RLStroud
04-29-2013, 03:41 AM
Lol me and my buddy have always called the Hellbug Matron the Brain Bug, and I always like to think a former Drill Sargent captures it at the end of the arkfall.

BunkeredSphinx
04-29-2013, 03:49 AM
Honestly, I was wondering if all tech was blown up how do we have a dodge charger. That would be a interesting story in the shelter. So dave, You picked your car over your wife and kids? No I just forgot to tell them to get in. Save on the devorce right? Your a sick man dave.

Did Dave save the dog.

JammyThumbs
04-29-2013, 05:39 AM
Did Dave save the dog.

Yes Dave saved the dog only to eat him as food was is short supply. After his meal Dave started to feel rufff!!!!

Grit
04-29-2013, 05:43 AM
Lol me and my buddy have always called the Hellbug Matron the Brain Bug, and I always like to think a former Drill Sargent captures it at the end of the arkfall.

It's more fun to think of it as the Brain Bug IMO, that's why i call it the brain bug haha...

oddly enough one of the main reasons i bought the game was because of the hellbugs...i saw the trailer at Game Stop, asked about it, pre-ordered it and the rest is history.

Yes i bought this game to shoot bugs cuz the only good bug, is a dead bug!

ChAoTic Puppy23
04-29-2013, 05:47 AM
OMG I think the same thing lol :)

Astartes_82
04-29-2013, 06:05 AM
I have been waiting for years for an actually good game to capture the essence of starship troopers (the official titles have just plain sucked so far) and here a whole new title does a pretty good job accidentally. I was hoping something like Battleswarm (a canceled title from a few years ago) would have been picked up as a good example to use for a ST game.

MRE
04-29-2013, 07:06 AM
oh yes it is ;)

Darkane
04-29-2013, 07:21 AM
Yes, it has that cheesy B Movie feel to it.

Grit
04-29-2013, 07:29 AM
i wouldn't call it a cheesy B movie.. I mean no Dean Cain or Lorzenzo Llamas in the cast :D

BunkeredSphinx
04-29-2013, 07:38 AM
Yes Dave saved the dog only to eat him as food was is short supply. After his meal Dave started to feel rufff!!!!

barking I tell you. did his stomach growl.

YellowTM
04-29-2013, 09:06 AM

haha. Couldn't have said it better.

the gf and I have watched starship troopers like 4 times since defiance released. Just can't get enough of it lmao

myrope
04-29-2013, 09:40 AM
My clan leader( jonny rico ) named our clan Rico's roughnecks. And that is definately the brain bug. "Want to know more?"