PDA

View Full Version : Leveling up Weapons in an Arkfall?

Mr Awesome 0ne
04-28-2013, 10:42 PM
Question.

I think I pretty much understand, but I am looking for clarification.

At a Major Arkfall you do not level up you the actual weapon you are firing.

At a Minor Arkfall you do.

However, at a Major Arkfall, although you are not leveling up the actual weapon you have in hand, say an Assault Rifle. You are leveling up your Assault Rifle skill in general.

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

ShiMoShinkenFry
04-28-2013, 10:52 PM
Question.

I think I pretty much understand, but I am looking for clarification.

At a Major Arkfall you do not level up you the actual weapon you are firing.

At a Minor Arkfall you do.

However, at a Major Arkfall, although you are not leveling up the actual weapon you have in hand, say an Assault Rifle. You are leveling up your Assault Rifle skill in general.

Is this correct?

Thanks in advance.

In a major arkfall you can't level up the weapon or the weapon skill

Bushmaster2000
04-29-2013, 05:55 AM
I actually didn't think you could level anything at Minor's either. I'll have to pay more attention to it tonight. But ya Major arkfalls you don't get squat other than a random crappy grenade and/or shield. There's really no benefit to doing majors at all except for getting XP but there are ways of getting more XP in the same amount of time it takes to do a major arkfall.

Mystery Guest
04-29-2013, 06:06 AM
Weapon kills work at Major Arkfalls..... I worked on "boomstick to the face" at the same-time as the Arkfall pursuit

Mavor
04-29-2013, 06:08 AM
Weapon kills work at Major Arkfalls..... I worked on "boomstick to the face" at the same-time as the Arkfall pursuit

'Boomstick' is a pursuit, not a weapon skill. You can work on pursuits in majors, however you don't gain weapon/skill Xp during majors so feel free to use your best leveled weapons and have fun :)

Strontium Dog
04-29-2013, 06:24 AM
If only for better documentation in this game /sigh

Anyway , I dont know about majors but you must get weapon exp for individual weapons on minors cause ive got a loadout just for arkfalls and never use anywhere else and they are levelling .

JusdMe
04-29-2013, 06:40 AM
I did notice last night you can level up BMG's by healing.

Conneri
04-29-2013, 06:42 AM
Majors do not give weapon XP in any form (minus BMG healing). Minors do give XP normally.

Combo Breaker
04-29-2013, 06:45 AM
Am I missing something. There are times when I do get weapon XP from Major Arkfalls. I have taken a brand new LMG into an Arkfall and came out with 234,000 on it.

Does it count towards the guns XP but not to the actual LMG xp bracket itself? I figured this was bogus news since I see XP on my weapons. I always do. Any clarification? I can only go by what I see.

Mystery Guest
04-29-2013, 06:47 AM
'Boomstick' is a pursuit, not a weapon skill.
erm, yeah.... (did I go off topic or something?)

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 06:53 AM
If only for better documentation in this game /sigh

no exp numbers floating up = no exp from mobs = no exp for weapons = no exp for weapon skill

And since you can see the experience numbers missing you can deduce the rest all on your own.

BleakPanther
04-29-2013, 07:00 AM
Am I missing something. There are times when I do get weapon XP from Major Arkfalls. I have taken a brand new LMG into an Arkfall and came out with 234,000 on it.

Does it count towards the guns XP but not to the actual LMG xp bracket itself? I figured this was bogus news since I see XP on my weapons. I always do. Any clarification? I can only go by what I see.

The 5 minor arkfalls that lead up to the final stage of the major arkfalls will give wep XP, AFAIK. That last section will not.

Draaconis
04-29-2013, 07:10 AM
Your weapon level is based on kills not the number of times you fire it. Check your kill count after an Ark Fall. It will be much lower than you think because of all the PCs running around sharing kills.

Combo Breaker
04-29-2013, 07:12 AM
The 5 minor arkfalls that lead up to the final stage of the major arkfalls will give wep XP, AFAIK. That last section will not.

That makes sense. Thank you for clarifying.

crasher
04-29-2013, 07:20 AM

I got Boomstick with a new character at the training grounds around the crash landing site.
'0' weapons leveling, but I got boomstick.

crasher
04-29-2013, 07:23 AM
no exp numbers floating up = no exp from mobs = no exp for weapons = no exp for weapon skill

And since you can see the experience numbers missing you can deduce the rest all on your own.

Uhm.
I see hit point numbers floating up at a fall.
Is that what you're referring to?

yossarian229
04-29-2013, 07:26 AM
Uhm.
I see hit point numbers floating up at a fall.
Is that what you're referring to?

I think he meant the xp numbers that pop from kills not the damage numbers.

Grimwyrd
04-29-2013, 10:09 AM

This. There are two reasons this gets confused:
1) In some/most Minor Events (like Propserity in '99) the individual critters give normal (yellow bar, EGO Unit xp) and therefore give you weapon xp and weapon skill. Note: minor events... not the little arkfalls within a major event.

2) In some Major Events (like Mother of All Hellbugs and the Scrapper one), the final boss (Hellbug Matron & Scrapper Progenitor) gives normal (yellow bar, EGO Unit xp) and therefore give you weapon xp and weapon skill.

3) Sometimes, non-Event foes are dragged into event foes and they will also grant xp.

But... the vast majority of Major Event targets reward no xp (of any kind) when you kill them. They are just trash mobs.

So, you can still level weapons in Arkfalls during minor events (that are not part of a major event) and on the final bosses of major events.

CidxLucy
04-29-2013, 10:25 AM
Only 1 Big arkfall level up your weapon its the mother of all hellbugs.
The small arkfall you level up at all but the hellbugs or them robots one.

Strontium Dog
04-29-2013, 10:27 AM

Are you telling me you think documentation in this games ok? If so can you please tell me how aggro works in major arkfalls please?

Thought not.

Yenah
04-29-2013, 10:32 AM
As I understand it..

Arkfalls that are "Kill the waves of enemies" DO give weapon XP.

Arkfalls that are "Kill the crystal, ignore the enemies" DO NOT give weapon XP.

Viibl
04-29-2013, 10:41 AM
Most major arkfalls do not give weapon experience, but there is an exception:

If you have a contract that applies to a certain class of enemy that happens to be in the major arkfall, you will get weapon experience.

For example, if you have a contract to kill omnivolts and you find omnivolts in a major scrapper arkfall, you will get weapon experience for killing the omnivolts. Weird exception, no?

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 10:43 AM
I think he meant the xp numbers that pop from kills not the damage numbers.

I think I meant that when writing 'exp numbers floating up', yes. ;>

Are you telling me you think documentation in this games ok? If so can you please tell me how aggro works in major arkfalls please?

I of course can only suspect, to really test it you'd need a major Arkfall with only a hand full of people to keep record on everything.
It is probable that they have threat built up like regular mobs and priodic and frequent threat dumps which would explain all of their behaviour quite accurately.

Are you telling me something like this is documented within any other game?

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 10:53 AM
Arkfalls that are "Kill the waves of enemies" DO give weapon XP.

Arkfalls that are "Kill the crystal, ignore the enemies" DO NOT give weapon XP.

What other Arkfalls have you encountered? ; P
And no, minor Arkfalls with humanoid mobs reward exp normally.