PDA

View Full Version : Female outfits

Jules
04-29-2013, 01:02 AM
So I think that there should be more feminine outfits to earn... Not all gamers are male! It would be nice to have female themes more recognized!

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 01:08 AM
As in skirts? More skin?

I understand if you feel like a tank when picking some of the armored outfits but I can't see any specific style you might be looking for.

Jules
04-29-2013, 01:10 AM
Anything that's not "manly"
I like the red short outfit that you can buy but that's about it... Idk some things with a little more color... not so much "metal"

Opus
04-29-2013, 01:12 AM
Maybe if they would give us a choice between normal and feminine. As it is now, I have at least 4 or 5 outfits I'll never wear because either my boobs are showing or I'm in daisey dukes. I'm already irked enough that about 3/4 of the outfits I have so far have high heeled boots with them.

Anderson
04-29-2013, 01:16 AM
I like the red short outfit that you can buy but that's about it... Idk some things with a little more color... not so much "metal"

To keep the proper look and feel for the game, they kind of need to keep everything looking grungy and "post-apocalyptic" so this could be tricky.

However I think they do need more outfits and customization options in general.

Jules
04-29-2013, 01:18 AM
I understand the grunge feel... do want more customization... it makes the character more fun.

Anderson
04-29-2013, 01:22 AM
Now that I think about it, considering the streak of sci-fi western running through the setting, I'm surprised they don't have more Old West style options available.

Lots of characters in the show dress this way already. Like the way Datak dresses is totally old timey.

They need cowboy hats damnit. I'd so rock a cowboy hat.

Jules
04-29-2013, 01:25 AM
I'd love to see more steam punk outfits!

Dandrielas
04-29-2013, 01:26 AM
Now that I think about it, considering the streak of sci-fi western running through the setting, I'm surprised they don't have more Old West style options available.

Lots of characters in the show dress this way already. Like the way Datak dresses is totally old timey.

I would love a cowboy hat and a duster.

Rizaun
04-29-2013, 01:28 AM

I want a top hat!

MstrJedi_Kyle
04-29-2013, 01:30 AM
I would love a cowboy hat and a duster.

I'm ok with this! They should add these and soon

Neptonius
Let them add the suits they had in beta first, then we can talk about them doing new sets for females.

It Really bugs me, that we dont have all those suits in release version :(

Jules
I'd like to have a whip :p

Wtflag
04-29-2013, 01:31 AM
Maybe if they would give us a choice between normal and feminine. As it is now, I have at least 4 or 5 outfits I'll never wear because either my boobs are showing or I'm in daisey dukes. I'm already irked enough that about 3/4 of the outfits I have so far have high heeled boots with them.

Which ones? Nearly none of the options show much flesh. No really. I can't seem to find them.

Jules
04-29-2013, 01:33 AM
I bought one from the store that had a dominatrix type feel lol. It's called corporate operative.

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 01:55 AM
I guess I get the idea not.
Yes, very little there. The "red outfit" you mentioned in the shop is available in camo for one of the coop pursuits.
There's the Drifter outfit in the store that has a coop version available as well.
Rebel Journalist is (once you ignore the playstic-barbie cheecks) close to normal clothes with tech stuff applied to it.

Most of the outfits are some type of armor and I think it's safe to say that many of the outfits that they've planned are similar in this regard.
Gaige from Borderlands 2 could be a prototype for more than one outfit to come that covers more than one of 'girly, steam punky or awesome'.

But I still want my 99er and Dark Matter type outfits! If I have to choose between that and you getting your skirts ... : P

ps: High heels are really on almost everything ... funny enough it seems like more armor equates to a higher chance of heels.

EvilWaterman
04-29-2013, 03:10 AM
I'd like a morph suit

Rikishi
04-29-2013, 03:18 AM
I want a top hat!

Irathients already got a top hat.

Alcohol Fueled Brewtality
04-29-2013, 04:39 AM
I want a top hat!

I have a top hat!

:cool:

cybergirl007
04-29-2013, 04:45 AM

Which ones and where is the outfit vendor as I can not find it?

Combo Breaker
04-29-2013, 05:29 AM
I see a large variety of female outfits. I created a female character and have unlocked quite a variety of outfits. Have you finished co-ops? Area quests?
I do admit that half of them do actually have more of a manly feel to them.

Jules
04-29-2013, 07:28 AM
pathetic thread almost perv in bdsm ways !your a huge fail

You're a huge fail.

Tilarium
04-29-2013, 08:12 AM

(Scene opens in a small, run down apartment. Girl wakes, stretches in bed before getting out, fully naked. She walks to the closet and looks around at all her clothing choices)

Girl: Well lets see. Today I think I'm going to be squaring off against some raiders and I think I'll get into a firefight with the 99s. Oh, you're right, EGO, I can't forget that sparring match I'll be having with a Hellbug Monarch.

(Girl begins to shift the outfits around, looking curiously at each one before moving it aside)

Girl: So what to wear... what to wear? I don't know, I think I'll skip out on the armor today, I want my [expletive deleted] and [expletive deleted] hanging out for all the world to see.

(Girl gets a blank look on her face for several seconds)

Girl: SHUT UP EGO! I don't care if that outfit won't protect me, it looks hawt! OH! And I'm going to wear the bright pink version I picked up yesterday! OMG OMG OMG This is going to be so great!

(Girl proceeds to dress in her bright pink shorty short and open vest outfit that exposes even more skin then she was showing when she was buck arse naked. As she exits the camera gives a fleeting glance to the rusty metal Ark Infiltrator suit, laying in a heap in the closet.)

(Scene opens with Girl running at full pace through the forest. She keeps glancing behind her, worry and panic on her face. Her left hand is crossed over her exposed abdomen, deep red liquid running through her fingers. She finally comes to a stop, panting and out of breath. Girl moves her hand to reveal a large caliber gunshot wound. Holding her hand up so that she can look at it, her worried look intensives.)

(A rustling sound is heard to her left. Girl glances towards it but soon another one to her right. Behind her. In front of her. The sounds continue, getting quicker and loading indicating multiple sources. Girl's head keeps turning quickly at each new sound.)

(4 large hellspawn fly out of the forest towards Girl. She raises her arm and screams in pain as the hellspawn reaching her. Biting and clawing her.)

(The hellspawn all skitter off back into the trees. We see Girl, laying on the grown badly mangled and half eaten. She pants heavily as her unmoving eyes stare up into the sky.)

Girl: You were right EGO... you were right. This didn't protect me at all...

(Girls breathing grows more rapid and then quickly stops. She lays on the forest floor, mangled, eaten, beaten and dead.)

Viryu
04-29-2013, 08:44 AM

Ditto to that.

Ryme
04-29-2013, 08:48 AM

You forgot the tentacle scene.

Combo Breaker
04-29-2013, 08:50 AM
I just need more clothes that really really show skin that way when guys are crouching on me or scoping in on me I can say "Yo man what you lookin at? You like checkin dudes out?" more often.

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 08:52 AM
Nice writing, but does this tell me that you want the pink Nomad version or not want to have one? : o

You forgot the tentacle scene.

Mobile blast pods in the DLC should satisfy all of those needs.

Buu
04-29-2013, 08:52 AM

The character is a mercenary under a contract for fighting for Von Bach. It's not a fashion show. Besides Irathient Females have by default enough cleavage to give that kind of "feminine look" you probably want.

I made a female char to see how the clothes look on one and purposely chose Human, because I want my ark hunter COVERED as someone who enter a gunfight should.

04-29-2013, 08:53 AM
Don't forget the Irathient "thong tattoo" on their hips, too!

Ryme
04-29-2013, 08:54 AM
I just need more clothes that really really show skin that way when guys are crouching on me or scoping in on me I can say "Yo man what you lookin at? You like checkin dudes out?" more often.

Good point. If a chick gets to run around in ***-less chaps and ****** tape, I should get to too.

Ark Hunting
04-29-2013, 09:01 AM
I want a top hat!

I'd like to have a hat .

cybergirl007
04-29-2013, 09:53 AM
Where is the outfit shop?

Escalith
04-29-2013, 10:05 AM
So I think that there should be more feminine outfits to earn... Not all gamers are male! It would be nice to have female themes more recognized!

And not all girls in gaming are eager to present their belongings on the forum, in pictures or on their chars.

While I do wholly agree the desire for new and pretty outfits, might as well not add them if most of them are mini skirts and tiny tops.

My personal favorite outfit atm is the Scrapyard Machinist, despite the lack of a skirt. /drama.

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 10:12 AM
Where is the outfit shop?

Outfits are sold in the Bitstore (quickmenu or 'P' if your on PC) or you can earn others in the game.

War Machine
04-29-2013, 10:19 AM
What we need is a chest adjustment slider on character creation screen. Cause I want enormous boobs.

Also a swim suit. Actually, is there a nude mod out yet for Defiance?

Delte
04-29-2013, 10:19 AM
(Scene opens in a small, run down apartment. Girl wakes, stretches in bed before getting out, fully naked. She walks to the closet and looks around at all her clothing choices)

Girl: Well lets see. Today I think I'm going to be squaring off against some raiders and I think I'll get into a firefight with the 99s. Oh, you're right, EGO, I can't forget that sparring match I'll be having with a Hellbug Monarch.

(Girl begins to shift the outfits around, looking curiously at each one before moving it aside)

Girl: So what to wear... what to wear? I don't know, I think I'll skip out on the armor today, I want my [expletive deleted] and [expletive deleted] hanging out for all the world to see.

Girl: SHUT UP EGO! I don't care if that outfit won't protect me, it looks hawt! OH! And I'm going to wear the bright pink version I picked up yesterday! OMG OMG OMG This is going to be so great!

(Girl proceeds to dress in her bright pink shorty short and open vest outfit that exposes even more skin then she was showing when she was buck arse naked. As she exits the camera gives a fleeting glance to the rusty metal Ark Infiltrator suit, laying in a heap in the closet.)

(Scene opens with Girl running at full pace through the forest. She keeps glancing behind her, worry and panic on her face. Her left hand is crossed over her exposed abdomen, deep red liquid running through her fingers. She finally comes to a stop, panting and out of breath. Girl moves her hand to reveal a large caliber gunshot wound. Holding her hand up so that she can look at it, her worried look intensives.)

(A rustling sound is heard to her left. Girl glances towards it but soon another one to her right. Behind her. In front of her. The sounds continue, getting quicker and loading indicating multiple sources. Girl's head keeps turning quickly at each new sound.)

(4 large hellspawn fly out of the forest towards Girl. She raises her arm and screams in pain as the hellspawn reaching her. Biting and clawing her.)

(The hellspawn all skitter off back into the trees. We see Girl, laying on the grown badly mangled and half eaten. She pants heavily as her unmoving eyes stare up into the sky.)

(Girls breathing grows more rapid and then quickly stops. She lays on the forest floor, mangled, eaten, beaten and dead.)

Why do we have shields?

Shada Mori
04-29-2013, 10:22 AM
Which ones? Nearly none of the options show much flesh. No really. I can't seem to find them.

It depends on your characters race. Irathients tend to show more skin.

04-29-2013, 10:25 AM
It depends on your characters race. Irathients tend to show more skin.

Mmmmhmm.

Almost none of the male outfits have sleeves, for example.

Shada Mori
04-29-2013, 10:30 AM
Oh and this is my current favorite outfit combo in game.. though I have different outfits for each of my five loadouts.. this is my 'main' loadout look..

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b481/Kiyoko_Mori/Clipboard06_zps04ebe5df.jpg

Jules
04-29-2013, 10:31 AM

Ok the outfits don't offer protection or stats. That's what the shields are for... I don't want skirts and **** just want something that's just big bulky armor. I don't want my character wearing a freaking tutu. As I said some more feminine outfit, or steam punk style would be awesome.

04-29-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm full Underworld Crime Lord since I got it.

Gotta love a Slashesque top hat and skull mask combo.

Just wish I could get rid off the backpack...

Jules
04-29-2013, 10:32 AM

Ok the outfits don't offer protection or stats. That's what the shields are for... I don't want skirts and **** just want something that's not just big bulky armor. I don't want my character wearing a freaking tutu. As I said some more feminine outfit, or steam punk style would be awesome.

Nymisis
04-29-2013, 10:38 AM

There isn't anything even remotely "steampunk" about Defiance. I think you might be playing the wrong game. That's kind of like asking for an elf outfit or a starship captain's uniform.

Greenz
04-29-2013, 10:42 AM
With my gun im killing in 2 seconds any heavy armor targets, and i see these same males getting whooped, burned, eviscerated, shot-down, blown to pieces, and that every single days...

So why should i be worried to wear something sexy ? My chances to stay alive with OR without plates of metal in my fullbody covering clothes are next to none, just as the men wearing the armors right now.

Besides, a more sexy outfit that help me moves faster and easier to dodge a 10-ton hellbug charging at me, is a valid argument. Plates of armor wouldnt save me. (or give me the ironman outfit)

I vote for some more feminine outfit !
(and i want a hat too)

04-29-2013, 10:43 AM
There isn't anything even remotely "steampunk" about Defiance. I think you might be playing the wrong game. That's kind of like asking for an elf outfit or a starship captain's uniform.

The New Freedom is a star ship.

Only... y'know. Terrestrial.

Nymisis
04-29-2013, 10:46 AM
The New Freedom is a star ship.

Only... y'know. Terrestrial.

Flying doesn't make something a starship. Capability of interstellar flight is required for that, evidence of which hasn't been exhibited since the arks arrived at Earth.

04-29-2013, 10:50 AM
Flying doesn't make something a starship. Capability of interstellar flight is required for that, evidence of which hasn't been exhibited since the arks arrived at Earth.

t'was a joke.

cusman
04-29-2013, 12:40 PM
I would like to be able to change the Hair and Face after initial character creation. Add some battle scars :)

Numina
04-29-2013, 05:54 PM
Lol @ Tilarium, you are quite the descriptive story teller! I hope you are a writer, if not you should take it up as hobby.

Personally, I am dying to unlock the Ark Predator outfit. Such an amazing looking outfit. My favorite outfit combo that I have currently is the Covert Intelligence Agent outfit with the Badlands Crime Lord headgear, seriously love it.

VileLeche
04-29-2013, 06:00 PM
I don't get how there are so few outfits, and so many are just recolors of others. Your outfit has literally no statistical affect on your character so why aren't there more? Also, the terribly metrosexual backpacks need to be able to be hidden. Nothing more lame than a guy with a gun running around and he has a cute little European Man Satchel on. Defiance, make it so!

Jules
04-29-2013, 09:01 PM

Have you even been watching the show? Sukar def. has the steam punk style! Even Datak Tarr's outfits are similar to steam punk.

Jules
04-29-2013, 09:06 PM
Stamah's outfits would be pretty cool. Irisa's outfit in the recent episode would be nice to. They are trying to connect show with story... outfits can be another way to do it.

HnyBear
04-29-2013, 09:08 PM

I play a female toon in game and I have a ton of outfits I've gotten from completing various parts of the game that are very revealing.

KashraFall
04-29-2013, 09:09 PM
Interestingly enough you are a ark hunter, working for a Military type superior at some points. Now I am not familiar with the "Now adays" Military but I am pretty sure they wouldn't approve of you running around in daisey dukes or anything of the likes. They gave you a harmony preacher which is rather feminine at least on the Alien race female, irathient? I think it is called? It really appeased to the likings of our female clan mates among many other things.

As for the shield? It was put into the game so people wouldn't die in a matter of seconds. God forbid they actually have a actual player healing system that you know, makes grouping a viable option. Kinda silly that this auto regenerative system has taken over FPS or TPS so much that games just can't do without it. Cosmetics will be added in time but what I don't understand is this. Trion made armor that covers the female body, displays it in a proper way without it being pervy. Normally female gamers complain that too much is showing? Why are you doing the opposite?

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 03:18 AM
Normally female gamers complain that too much is showing? Why are you doing the opposite?

You know actual girls and women wearing outfits leaving things to little to no imagination is everything but uncommon? It can be the wish for simply showing what she's got and applying this to the game or being able to do so at least in the game, I don't know and don't really care ... more outfits would mean more choices for everyone no matter how you turn it which makes this topic automatically valuable.

Have you even been watching the show? Sukar def. has the steam punk style! Even Datak Tarr's outfits are similar to steam punk.

The pocket watch!
Who is this Sukar? Is he the old majors underling? If not you should add him to the list.

Anderson
04-30-2013, 03:22 AM
Who is this Sukar? Is he the old majors underling? If not you should add him to the list.
Sukar is the Irathient with the cool top hat.

The guy you're thinking of is Mr Birch, and yeah, he definitely belongs on the list.

MelinaRose
04-30-2013, 03:57 AM
I would love to see more feminine gothic and goth punk outfits~! Oh and I so want Rynn's outfit! \o/ The female Irathient from episode 3~

So far atm though, I do very much like the Corporate Operative, Night Stalker, and Drifter outfit. Which down the road I plan to get all 3. >3>

Hmms I might add as well....I'd love to see different hairstyles. like for headgear, instead of caps, maybe like headbands or hairclips. Just cuz it's headgear doesn't necessarily always have to be a cap or helmet. Like for example the sun glasses that are under the head gear category. (sorry forgot the name of it) lol

Numina
04-30-2013, 04:38 AM
Yeah I still like the arkfall pursuit one best!

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u604/hexe_py2o1/2013-04-30_00006_zpsbf7aa79f.jpg

Numina
04-30-2013, 04:42 AM
I like this one too though...

http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u604/hexe_py2o1/2013-04-30_00002_zps8f3e3581.jpg

Elric1
04-30-2013, 04:47 AM
I want a top hat!

The devs said if we want the tophat/googles combo to request in the suggestions so I am thinking they want a petition but they are listening to us apprently.

Jules
04-30-2013, 08:53 AM
Once again, I am not talking about frilly tutus for the females to wear. Just not so much armor all the time. I have no unlocked a lot of the contract outfits yet. But still, a lot of them look manly.
Sukar is with the spirit riders, he's Rynn's "father". Rynn's outfit would be cool too. That's what I am talking about, those aren't too revealing and they certainly aren't pretty princess outfits.

I guess what it comes down to is more customization. I agree with the headgear. That would be cool too. It's just nice to be able to personalize the character more.

Nymisis
04-30-2013, 09:20 AM

A top hat doesn't make something steampunk. If you think Sukar is even remotely steampunk then you don't know the genre at all.

CapricaSix
04-30-2013, 10:01 AM
Actually I'd love an outfit that includes a skirt. Doesn't have to be a mini skirt, anything too flashy/revealing {asian MMO style} or something that's overly casual and "girly". Could be a kilt for all I care :P but it'd be nice.

PS: Personally I've always felt a bit disturbed by how the Outlander outfit looked, short shorts and such.. it just seems out of place and stands out too much. So I'm not really suggesting anything in a similar sense of fashion, just something simple, nice and different.

Irres169
04-30-2013, 10:20 AM
I'd like some Designer labels. :p

Jules
04-30-2013, 10:27 AM
It's like a futuristic steam punk https://si0.twimg.com/profile_images/3515851760/c781facc6584a41966241551f673c076.jpeg
http://www.voglue.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Steampunk-Fashion-for-men.jpg

[img]http://fc02.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2011/246/3/7/steampunk_costume_by_adhras-d48p2th.jpg
All similar. Sukar is more futuristic.
I know the style, and it does relate to steam punk. But what I don't know is why you keep posting on this thread? If you don't agree with this, then leave your comments to yourself. No need for you to be on here passing judgements about the things that are said. Just move along. Don't challenge me about the way the I perceive the characters and say that I don't know what I am talking about. Maybe you don't know what you're talking about. The post is just an opinion and if you don't have positive feedback that back the hell off.

armedpoop
04-30-2013, 10:35 AM
It's like a futuristic steam punk
I know the style, and it does relate to steam punk. But what I don't know is why you keep posting on this thread? If you don't agree with this, then leave your comments to yourself. No need for you to be on here passing judgements about the things that are said. Just move along. Don't challenge me about the way the I perceive the characters and say that I don't know what I am talking about. Maybe you don't know what you're talking about. The post is just an opinion and if you don't have positive feedback that back the hell off.

lol but opinions arent always positive. However, i do agree that there can be more female outfits that arent armored up or revealing. Defiantly need to see less high heels on the New Frontier. Dosent even kinda make sense to be stomping out skiterlings in heels.

Jules
04-30-2013, 10:40 AM
You're right but some people are just being down right rude. Opinions can be stated without belittling someone.
There's a polite way to go about it.

I'd just like to see more of Irisa's style.

Irres169
04-30-2013, 10:42 AM
It's a forum, you need thicker skin :)

armedpoop
04-30-2013, 10:44 AM
Yeah, but what can you expect? Its the internet.
Im genuinely surprised people arent mindlessly agreeing with you because your a girl on the net.

Irres169
04-30-2013, 10:44 AM
I would like to be able to change the Hair and Face after initial character creation. Add some battle scars :)

It would be nice if there was a vendor where you could do this.

OcR Grav
04-30-2013, 10:46 AM
Female characters > male characters

I do agree there needs to be more outfits geared towards female characters.

I mean, if I wanted my character to look like a 12 year old wearing armor I would just... Oh wait, I can't make 12 year old in this game huh?

armedpoop
04-30-2013, 10:49 AM
Female characters > male characters

I do agree there needs to be more outfits geared towards female characters.

I mean, if I wanted my character to look like a 12 year old wearing armor I would just... Oh wait, I can't make 12 year old in this game huh?

Wait, what?

OcR Grav
04-30-2013, 10:50 AM
Wait, what?

We need the option to make 12 year olds, obviously.

Nmalthus
04-30-2013, 10:55 AM
I just want to see anything added to the Defiance Store. It hasn't seen an update in near 2 weeks.

armedpoop
04-30-2013, 10:56 AM
We need the option to make 12 year olds, obviously.

Lol ok. That dosent make you sound weird at all or anything.
But I wouldnt mind being able to run kid mode either.

OcR Grav
04-30-2013, 10:57 AM
I just want to see anything added to the Defiance Store. It hasn't seen in update in near 2 weeks.

Super agree. Anything is better than nothing at this point.

Soobydoo
04-30-2013, 11:02 AM
Skimpy clothes on female adventurers is a video game institution. I mean, when fighting alien hordes, on a terra-formed Earth who wouldn’t want to rock short shorts and a tank top? Armor? Protection? For Noobs.

Jules
04-30-2013, 11:06 AM
It's a forum, you need thicker skin :)

I am a female, of course I have to have thick skin. But I am not going to keep quiet or let it slide either :)

Jules
04-30-2013, 11:08 AM
Yeah, but what can you expect? Its the internet.
Im genuinely surprised people arent mindlessly agreeing with you because your a girl on the net.

Though this may be true... you have to remember that all girls who play video games are fat and ugly... or so I'm told.

Rizaun
04-30-2013, 11:11 AM
More outfits, nuff said. I want them to add all the outfits that we've seen in the trailers and the ones that were in the beta.

OcR Grav
04-30-2013, 11:13 AM
Though this may be true... you have to remember that all girls who play video games are fat and ugly... or so I'm told.

There's no such thing as girls on the Internet, remember? :3

Nmalthus
04-30-2013, 11:19 AM
If you're not playing Irathient it's not going to be quite as skimpy. Drifter looks pretty hawt on Irathient.

Thedjectivenoun
04-30-2013, 11:41 AM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Y01qrxj_e9Y/TGj3S2YLn8I/AAAAAAAAABc/eiM_fDSPHq0/s1600/633507941156341396-Armor-Class.jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/128/2/7/sexy_armor_by_zerobow1-d3fx7rz.jpg

Irres169
04-30-2013, 12:00 PM
oh my. /10 char

Xazur
04-30-2013, 12:02 PM
The only 2 female outfits that would make sense in the game relating to the show is, NeedWANT outfit and castithan bathrobe outfit.

kaytysgottagun
04-30-2013, 12:12 PM

Scene: In the middle of a "mother of all Hellbugs" event. Guy in armor notices gal wearing skimpy outfit. Oh She is sooo HAWT....GAAAH ! he screams in pain as five Hellbug Warriors begin to munch on him. His last thought as he dies is" Damn...lost...situational...awareness...UGH."
Yes there's a moral here. As others have said, we are all fighting for out collective LIVES here and not to get laid (although Im sure that's happening SOMEwhere in the San Fran Area !) Ladies, as someone who has participated in Martial Arts combat, you really Do want as much skin covered as possible. Less road rash that way. Armor is Good. Armor is Good.

kaytysgottagun
04-30-2013, 12:18 PM
"Sexy Armor--it worked for thoseguys in 300, it's work for us too !"
Umm...No. the second those babes have to move quickly, they are SO going to regret they didn't tie those ta-ta's down a LOT more firmly ! Guys, imagine adding a pound to each of your Pecans and then running the 500 yard Dash. OUCH !!!

Rizaun
04-30-2013, 12:22 PM
"Sexy Armor--it worked for thoseguys in 300, it's work for us too !"
Umm...No. the second those babes have to move quickly, they are SO going to regret they didn't tie those ta-ta's down a LOT more firmly ! Guys, imagine adding a pound to each of your Pecans and then running the 500 yard Dash. OUCH !!!

It's all part of a plan to distract the enemy and slay them while they're hypnotized.

Nmalthus
04-30-2013, 12:22 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Y01qrxj_e9Y/TGj3S2YLn8I/AAAAAAAAABc/eiM_fDSPHq0/s1600/633507941156341396-Armor-Class.jpg

http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/128/2/7/sexy_armor_by_zerobow1-d3fx7rz.jpg

This applies to Scarlet Blade actually.

Rodney
04-30-2013, 12:45 PM

If your talkihg about the guy that wears the top hat, that style is called "steampunk" it's a merge of old timed style with some new style teck added

Hanakawa
04-30-2013, 12:51 PM
A duster would be sweet!

MelinaRose
04-30-2013, 01:19 PM
feminine does not = skimpy/sluty looking outfits. =_= I keep reading people bringing up skimpy, mini skirts, etc. When I say feminine, I mean not bulky ugly looking armor. When I say feminine outfit I mean something like this.

http://www.liquiwork.com/punk-sweater/jpg/11411001.jpg

edited: found a good example of the type of gear style I would like to see.
http://i40.tinypic.com/66ciyu.jpg

Codex
04-30-2013, 01:46 PM
See, I like a large majoirty of the outfits (I've been rocking the Lawkeeper outfit and the EMC armor on my character - she looks damned good in them both!). What I can't stand are the outfits that solely exist to give 50-60% of the toons boobs on show (specifically the Outlaw's starting outfit is bad for that). I've chosen to go more with an armored look to her and I'm kind of pleased that the female wearing these outfits does not suddenly turn into a bikini or a thong.

That said, I agree that there is a distinct lack of female oriented clothing in this game. The extremes are low cut shirts with army pants, to full on armor that (inexplicably) has high heels. I'm not entirely complaining about the latter, but it would be nice to have something in the middle. Heck, if there was just an alt model of some of the first group of outfits with a little less boob on display I would be more cool with the outfit.

But that's just me. I'm sure everyone has a differing opinion on the subject :)

Jules
04-30-2013, 02:21 PM
If your talkihg about the guy that wears the top hat, that style is called "steampunk" it's a merge of old timed style with some new style teck added

Glad someone else agrees with me that the style is steam punk.

Take that guy who thought I didn't know who I was talking about.

Jules
04-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Scene: In the middle of a "mother of all Hellbugs" event. Guy in armor notices gal wearing skimpy outfit. Oh She is sooo HAWT....GAAAH ! he screams in pain as five Hellbug Warriors begin to munch on him. His last thought as he dies is" Damn...lost...situational...awareness...UGH."
Yes there's a moral here. As others have said, we are all fighting for out collective LIVES here and not to get laid (although Im sure that's happening SOMEwhere in the San Fran Area !) Ladies, as someone who has participated in Martial Arts combat, you really Do want as much skin covered as possible. Less road rash that way. Armor is Good. Armor is Good.

Grrr... Not asking for skimpy! There's enough of that already! And armor is good when there's actual stats to it.

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 02:31 PM
feminine does not = skimpy/sluty looking outfits. =_=

Not the same. Not mutually exclusive either. But then you go and post this:

edited: found a good example of the type of gear style I would like to see.
http://i40.tinypic.com/66ciyu.jpg

Tera and the race that has skimpy +10 as a starting stat on top of that!
It's 'Queens Blade the Game', there is nothing not skimpy about it. It even has a race to accomodate any of your child loving tendencies!
I either fail to see how this little gem of irony helps your argument or maybe it really just doesn't. : P

Soobydoo
04-30-2013, 02:40 PM
Tera and the race that has skimpy +10 as a starting stat on top of that! It's 'Queens Blade the Game', there is nothing not skimpy about it. It even has a race to accomodate any of your child loving tendencies! I either fail to see how this little gem of irony helps your argument or maybe it really just doesn't. : P

Sorry to interject but maybe she googled images of female armor and found this? That's what I would assume. It would seem to make more sense than thinking she actively plays that game.

In any case, now we know you are quite versed in a game that:
has a race to accomodate any of your child loving tendencies!

Jules
04-30-2013, 02:43 PM
Sorry to interject but maybe she googled images of female armor and found this? That's what I would assume. It would seem to make more sense than thinking she actively plays that game.

In any case, now we know you are quite versed in a game that

^Gonna have to agree, she probably just googled it.
So Chill out duuuuude.

MelinaRose
04-30-2013, 02:45 PM
Not the same. Not mutually exclusive either. But then you go and post this:

Tera and the race that has skimpy +10 as a starting stat on top of that!
It's 'Queens Blade the Game', there is nothing not skimpy about it. It even has a race to accomodate any of your child loving tendencies!
I either fail to see how this little gem of irony helps your argument or maybe it really just doesn't. : P

I don't see how that one outfit goes against what I said. It's not skimpy, she's fully clothed.

And yes, I goolged for female armor and I found that image.

Irres169
04-30-2013, 02:48 PM
on a side note Tera is a lot of fun.

No I have a full adult character. :p

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 02:59 PM

Yes, I assumed as much, which is why I pointed out the irony.
Your valiant effort to defend others is noble but other than pointing out (what I belive is) facts and adding a tiny drop of sarcasm nothing bad happened.

ps: Nothing wrong with children, don't you think? : o

Tgreen
04-30-2013, 03:11 PM
And yes, I goolged for female armor and I found that image.

I assumed as much, you would never have chosen it otherwise. Everyone who does know about the game can easily deduce how you argued against your own point by posting it.
Not that I personally care, but a game that supposedly is full of half naked ladies swinging blades twice their size makes your choice somewhat amusing.

I recall something about 'thick skin' and I didn't call you names or wasn't rude. Taking offense in someone pointing out unwanted irony is odd, especially after I agreed with you on the message you wanted to communicate ... I'd rather have you laugh with me about your very interesting choice to show unskimpy game outfits.

Krapoton
04-30-2013, 03:31 PM
95% of the female characters in Defiance are males, they don't care about girly colors and things like that.
They want boobs and bad *** stuff, and they're ready to pay for it.

PrimalSiren
04-30-2013, 03:33 PM
I've never been one to care about what my toon is wearing while I run around and kill stuff. I spend enough time irl playing around with fashion, it's nice to not have to worry about finding that perfect outfit in game too :P I'm pretty sure if I showed up at a gun fight wearing next to nothing no one would take me seriously. I'll take the armor and "manly" grunge style outfits any day.

Jules
04-30-2013, 05:16 PM
According to Twitter, new outfits have been added to the store.