PDA

View Full Version : Self-Reviving during Major Arkfalls

demontrace
04-29-2013, 02:04 AM
If you're trying to complete the pursuit where you must revive 100 players during major arkfalls, then you know how frustrating it is to try to revive someone, only to have them pop their self-revive.

Please people reading this who don't realize this, don't self-revive during a major arkfall.

If there are people around you, you can COUNT on them reviving you. If it's just you, or MAYBE a couple other people, then go ahead and pop it. But when there's a mob of people there, it really isn't necessary.

I'm not really sure what Trion was thinking with this part of the pursuit though. Give people to ability to revive themselves during major arkfalls, and then expect people to not do it, for the good of the other people around you trying to complete a pursuit that is a little unreasonable.
I mean, I'm not a fan of the 2500 kills requirement, and I really feel for the people who are having their kill counter reset. However, I'm keeping my major arkfall hunting to just hellbugs, and I'm a little over 500 kills from having that one done.

Getting the final killshot on the hellion, or the progenitor is also a bit much, but can be done, you just may have to keep doing the arkfall again, and again.
But the reviving 100 players? That's just too much, when the players themselves can revive themselves. I'm sure nothing about this is going to change, so we're stuck with it, however, if people could stop reviving themselves, it'd make it a LOT easier. Thanks.

Lyokira
04-29-2013, 02:10 AM
If you're trying to complete the pursuit where you must revive 100 players during major arkfalls, then you know how frustrating it is to try to revive someone, only to have them pop their self-revive.

Please people reading this who don't realize this, don't self-revive during a major arkfall.

If there are people around you, you can COUNT on them reviving you. If it's just you, or MAYBE a couple other people, then go ahead and pop it. But when there's a mob of people there, it really isn't necessary.

I'm not really sure what Trion was thinking with this part of the pursuit though. Give people to ability to revive themselves during major arkfalls, and then expect people to not do it, for the good of the other people around you trying to complete a pursuit that is a little unreasonable.
I mean, I'm not a fan of the 2500 kills requirement, and I really feel for the people who are having their kill counter reset. However, I'm keeping my major arkfall hunting to just hellbugs, and I'm a little over 500 kills from having that one done.

Getting the final killshot on the hellion, or the progenitor is also a bit much, but can be done, you just may have to keep doing the arkfall again, and again.
But the reviving 100 players? That's just too much, when the players themselves can revive themselves. I'm sure nothing about this is going to change, so we're stuck with it, however, if people could stop reviving themselves, it'd make it a LOT easier. Thanks.

You realize the revive has a cooldown, right? Just wait for someone to die twice in succession. Or for the random person who is lazy to revive. You'll get it, eventually.

Schwa
04-29-2013, 02:11 AM
Just make a friend and have them repeatedly suicide (rocket launcher, detonator) near an ammo box within the boundary of the arkfall. Easy 100 revives.

demontrace
04-29-2013, 02:14 AM
You realize the revive has a cooldown, right? Just wait for someone to die twice in succession. Or for the random person who is lazy to revive. You'll get it, eventually.

I find during the final part of the arkfall, is when the most people die. Of those people that die, say 10 if we're being a little generous, 7-8 will pop their self-revive. I actually am there on full revival duty. I barely even shoot at the hellion or anything else, because I'm watching like a hawk for anyone getting hit too much, or getting hit by the hellion more than a couple times.
I've got blur as my ego power so I can run to someone faster. I'm doing about everything in my power to make myself full combat medic mode, but even with that, I get from 1 to 4 revives max in a major arkfall.

This is definitely going to take awhile without some kind of boosting.

Neptonius
04-29-2013, 02:18 AM
Just make a friend and have them repeatedly suicide (rocket launcher, detonator) near an ammo box within the boundary of the arkfall. Easy 100 revives.

Bit hard when chat IS dead in this game.

Era
04-29-2013, 02:22 AM

You have forums, use em. That's how I got my grind partner for my 5k coop kills and that took MUCH longer than revive farming (which I did with clanmates).

Schwa
04-29-2013, 02:22 AM

If you play on US PC, I will personally grace you with my smartass presence. Right now.

Lyokira
04-29-2013, 02:46 AM
I find during the final part of the arkfall, is when the most people die. Of those people that die, say 10 if we're being a little generous, 7-8 will pop their self-revive. I actually am there on full revival duty. I barely even shoot at the hellion or anything else, because I'm watching like a hawk for anyone getting hit too much, or getting hit by the hellion more than a couple times.
I've got blur as my ego power so I can run to someone faster. I'm doing about everything in my power to make myself full combat medic mode, but even with that, I get from 1 to 4 revives max in a major arkfall.

This is definitely going to take awhile without some kind of boosting.

Compared to about 60 kills a major arkfall, when you need 2500, you'd likely get the revives completed before getting the kill quota anyway. And as far as I know, THAT doesn't reset at a whim, so you can take your time.

Neptonius
04-29-2013, 02:51 AM
If you play on US PC, I will personally grace you with my smartass presence. Right now.

I knew i should have picked NA and not EU lol I use to pick US servers all the time, but, i thought i would try EU this one time... meh

Thanks for the offer tho. :)

Man With No Name
04-29-2013, 02:55 AM
Always wait till you see em crawling a bit before reviving. A lot of times there is a delay after dying so what you see is them going down but what they see are white screen for a second till revive option pops up.

Rakshasa
04-29-2013, 03:07 AM
The pursuits aren't a race, they're a journey over your 'lifetime' in the game. You don't have to revive 100 people by tomorrow, or next week, or even next month. You definitely don't want to start thinking that people using their own (single-charge with cooldown) revive to get themselves back in the arkfall action ASAP are somehow depriving you of something.

Just revive folks when you see they need it, you'll get the numbers eventually. I revive them because I feel bad for them being out of action, and because we're all in the fight together.

Draugluin
04-29-2013, 05:08 AM
I knew i should have picked NA and not EU lol I use to pick US servers all the time, but, i thought i would try EU this one time... meh

Thanks for the offer tho. :)

It's doable, and as a matter of fact this part was the one I completed the last, despite resetting my kill counts once while I was hunting for Progenitor-kill as well. I admit I kind of biased my hunting for the pursuit and therefore managed to fulfill it without anyone's tendencies towards suicide a couple of weeks ago.

Kerian
04-29-2013, 05:37 AM
The pursuits aren't a race, they're a journey over your 'lifetime' in the game. You don't have to revive 100 people by tomorrow, or next week, or even next month. [...]

Just revive folks when you see they need it, you'll get the numbers eventually.

This.

If you -need- to do it, RIGHT NOW, find a friend and grind it out, but don't expect other people to roll around while they're competing for #1 damage.

I'll be getting a friend to help me out with it, suicide-ing and reviving once my pursuit stops bugging, but that's not a priority right now for me.

You have forums, use em. That's how I got my grind partner for my 5k coop kills and that took MUCH longer than revive farming (which I did with clanmates).

Stuff like this is why you suddenly need to grind out specific pursuits as well.

My current pursuit stats:
Kill 50,000 total enemies (14,416/50,000)
Kill 5,000 damaged by other players (1,649/5,000)

For me, both of these are progressing naturally in-line with each other, with ~1/10th of the number of kills I'm doing being kills that other people have hit.

crasher
04-29-2013, 07:34 AM

Chat works fine on my PC.
I hear people talking on the phone to friends during a fall.
Eating cookies.
Singing to crap music in the background...
I wish people had a concept of 'open mike'.

As far as self revive goes, I feel kinda bad expecting people to take time from playing to rescue my butt, especially if/when it puts them at risk.

Last night I got rez'd and had to rez the guy who saved me.
Than he rez'd me again cuz I got killed rezing him.
We were sitting next to one of those atomic termite mounds in a minor fall.

Shogo_Yahagi
04-29-2013, 07:39 AM
It would be really helpful if the person being revived had some way of knowing that they were being revived. I've often had someone self revive when I'm more than half way through reviving them.

Silverbluetree
04-29-2013, 07:42 AM
I try very hard to NOT self revive, sometimes though it's almost done without a thought lol and just a reflex.

Also, gotta remember there's a lot going on and many players aren't aware that crawling over to someone will help get them revived - or they may not know about the pursuits etc.

Even so, I'm glad they increased the time out for the revive/extration - that was way too short for arkfalls.

[edit] forgot the NOT lol

Oh, and don't forget sometimes you crawl over to someone to get revived, they kneel to start reviving and then.... BOOM we both get killed by a monarch lol

Dazz
04-29-2013, 07:44 AM
I pop mine depending where I am. If I'm up next to a raider personnel carrier, I don't expect anyone to come do a suicide heal on me. I've also laid on the arkfall battlefield and had to ask for a heal in chat. If someone's nearby I'll lay there a bit. If not, I'm up.

crasher
04-29-2013, 07:48 AM
I pop mine depending where I am. If I'm up next to a raider personnel carrier, I don't expect anyone to come do a suicide heal on me. I've also laid on the arkfall battlefield and had to ask for a heal in chat. If someone's nearby I'll lay there a bit. If not, I'm up.

I think it'd help to signify one were waiting for a rez if one crawled around some instead of just lay there.
Thats my way of looking at it.

Space_Monky
04-29-2013, 07:54 AM
Compared to about 60 kills a major arkfall, when you need 2500, you'd likely get the revives completed before getting the kill quota anyway. And as far as I know, THAT doesn't reset at a whim, so you can take your time.

i got a lot more than 60.
i have the 2500 kills. i'm at 33 revives. :mad:

Reiter
04-29-2013, 07:56 AM

This sentence alone tells me you are an idiot getting butt hurt over a stupid topic. The number of major arkfalls where the boss NPC spawns is UP! Not down, not left, not right, not fking behind. UP!!!! Or barely elevated above player heads. What happens when you die? You fall down. Everyone has tunnel vision for the boss NPC, so they will rarely ever be looking down. Its also difficult to see someone down when there are hordes of NPC or players running around.

So, please do yourself a favor and calm down. There is nothing special about reviving people, its just a small boost to your ego (not the game EGO) so you feel complete. Personally I wish I could revive at any time with no limit, because it is stupid I have to wait for someone else to revive me.

Ainsworth
04-29-2013, 08:21 AM
The only reason to self revive during a major ark fall is if there is nobody around to help you. There is nothing to be gained by you self reviving and getting back into the fight. Your weapons don't gain exp and you won't get a better reward by doing more damage.

Chances are that you will be revived within seconds so just wait it out for the love of god. I'm not interested in having a friend kill himself over and over again. There is no fun in it and its not the way the game should be played.

Pyth
04-29-2013, 08:26 AM
I have the 100 player revives within major Arkfalls. Didn't even have to tell anyone to kill themselves over and over... that's just, stupid? Meh, maybe not. People just want things as easily as possible nowadays I suppose.

The best tip I can give is do Mt. Tam Arkfalls. I even had one time where I had 17 revives, and no, it wasn't the glitched number.