PDA

View Full Version : How can DLC improve Defiance and what type of achievements/rewards do you want?

defiance player
04-29-2013, 05:28 AM
NOTHING TO MAJOR achievement wise Trion but besides that what can they add to keep us playing? for a new area would you like to see more of a urban setting? how about progression? right now EGO is mostly pointless but how can they change the game to allow more structure in how we progress? what types of coop content would be cool? lots of DLC ideas but i want to hear from you all? thanks

Fiancee
04-29-2013, 05:31 AM
What makes Defiance more fun? Sea? Space? Both doable.

Oceanhawk
04-29-2013, 05:35 AM
NOTHING TO MAJOR achievement wise Trion but besides that what can they add to keep us playing? for a new area would you like to see more of a urban setting? how about progression? right now EGO is mostly pointless but how can they change the game to allow more structure in how we progress? what types of coop content would be cool? lots of DLC ideas but i want to hear from you all? thanks

I just want them to provide enough content that people have a reason to play. In it's current version the game can be completed fairly fast, except for those people that find doing the same thing over and over and over again, fun. For most people we would prefer a reason to play and the game in that area is severely lacking. Personally I don't expect much from the DLC packs other than a few new quests that play out exactly like the current ones, a few new group of races for the exploiters to ruin and maybe a few new outfits to wear.

Anyone that thinks the DLC's will actually add a significant amount of content I think will be sorely disappointed. I mean think about it, 5 years in development and we got enough content to last a week.

lordchun
04-29-2013, 05:36 AM
I would say raid dungeons that have the opportunity for orange drops. I myself would like more in world coop stuff like that

defiance player
04-29-2013, 05:42 AM
I would say raid dungeons that have the opportunity for orange drops. I myself would like more in world coop stuff like that

Yes i would like a coop activity with hundreds of enemys, like a hoard mode, also we need more than 4ppl in a group

Krileon
04-29-2013, 05:44 AM
I would like for them to stop ruining their existing content. Let emergencies reward keys, improve the UI to actually fit PC (console sales are lacking at best, optimize UI for your market please), let arkfalls reward weapon exp (downscale as needed, it's fine), improve dungeon difficulty and improve the rewards, add new dungeon modes for harder difficulty (no re-spawn points with self/team revive only, etc..) to promote teamwork.

For DLC I'd like to see new vehicles and new locations. We've seen lush green areas and drab rocky areas. I want a desert region with a few dunes you can fly off of on your vehicle, etc.. with maybe some giant sand worms that popup and try to eat you, etc..

As it stands I haven't played for over a week.. Pursuits are basically just achievements.. stop trying to pawn achievements off as "content".. they're not. They need to add a reason to play and stop punishing you when you do (emergencies are pointless, arkfall rewards are a joke, dungeons are a snore fest)..

defiance player
04-29-2013, 05:49 AM
I would like for them to stop ruining their existing content. Let emergencies reward keys, improve the UI to actually fit PC (console sales are lacking at best, optimize UI for your market please), let arkfalls reward weapon exp (downscale as needed, it's fine), improve dungeon difficulty and improve the rewards, add new dungeon modes for harder difficulty (no re-spawn points with self/team revive only, etc..) to promote teamwork.

For DLC I'd like to see new vehicles and new locations. We've seen lush green areas and drab rocky areas. I want a desert region with a few dunes you can fly off of on your vehicle, etc.. with maybe some giant sand worms that popup and try to eat you, etc..

As it stands I haven't played for over a week.. Pursuits are basically just achievements.. stop trying to pawn achievements off as "content".. they're not. They need to add a reason to play and stop punishing you when you do (emergencies are pointless, arkfall rewards are a joke, dungeons are a snore fest)..

if you dont mind what is a dungeon on Defiance? noob question maybe its only PC but i never seen an activity dungeon or anything that even closely resembles a dungeon, or any dragons for that matter

Draconerus
04-29-2013, 05:50 AM
This game is in desperate need of more content. So if DLC adds that in addition to customization, etc. I am good with that.

Shadestryke
04-29-2013, 05:52 AM
If we're talking about what we want to see instead of what we're likely to see, I want a large 20 man co-op mission where we have to go into space and prevent an Ark from falling on San Fran (or even save Defiance). Once we get our 20 man team together, we could always then split up into 5 4-man teams and take care of multiple objectives simultaneously (eg 1 team takes over the bridge while another restarts the engines in the engine room while a 3rd team fixes power relays, all while the 4th and 5th teams cover our backs from some alien enemy...)

That way we get the large co-op mission people have been asking for, while still keeping to the 4-man group structure that is already in place. Of course before this is at all possible, we would need a working chat system ;)

defiance player
04-29-2013, 05:56 AM
If we're talking about what we want to see instead of what we're likely to see, I want a large 20 man co-op mission where we have to go into space and prevent an Ark from falling on San Fran (or even save Defiance). Once we get our 20 man team together, we could always then split up into 5 4-man teams and take care of multiple objectives simultaneously (eg 1 team takes over the bridge while another restarts the engines in the engine room while a 3rd team fixes power relays, all while the 4th and 5th teams cover our backs from some alien enemy...)

That way we get the large co-op mission people have been asking for, while still keeping to the 4-man group structure that is already in place. Of course before this is at all possible, we would need a working chat system ;)

When i heard of Defiance mmo came to mind, when i played it that quickly evaporated

Shadestryke
04-29-2013, 05:59 AM
Yeah, I know how you feel. But since we're talking about what we want to see, I figured I may as well dream bigger ;)

Draaconis
04-29-2013, 05:59 AM
A way to pick up specific synergy mods w/o relying on luck wouldn't suck.

Oceanhawk
04-29-2013, 06:00 AM
if you dont mind what is a dungeon on Defiance? noob question maybe its only PC but i never seen an activity dungeon or anything that even closely resembles a dungeon, or any dragons for that matter

Episode 2 on TV showed a dungeon in the Underground St Louis. So they already added the use of dungeons as a viable part of the story-line. So why not use that in game too?

Krileon
04-29-2013, 06:03 AM
A COOP mission. I come from a long line of MMOs dating back to UO. I'm just used to calling them dungeons.

phangan
04-29-2013, 06:15 AM
Hurray for the DLC bandwagon!!

Jeff Kaos
04-29-2013, 06:31 AM
Defiance may be able to hold onto the current population for another month but if they don't add some new content, and I'm not talking new pursuits or episode stuff we've been seeing, the games population will drop like a rock. An big urban area would be an excellent addition. Eventually I'd also like to see some water based vehicles like speedboats and wave runners and some areas on islands. And as always:dinosaurs, since it's a sci-fi game maybe: space dinosaurs. There's huge Arks floating around in space, who's to say there isn't some space-dino DNA stored on one of them? And who's to say that Ark won't crash into the ocean, create a space-dino map and be totally awesome? Okay, maybe this stuff got away from me for a second but seriously: MORE CONTENT.

Agent19 XS
04-29-2013, 08:53 AM
DLC ideas to expand the game

CO-OP
More CO-OP missions, that varies in location from: Deep forest, Ruined City, Cargo Ship and to the halls of a Spaceship like the one we all came in on. (I still don't know what city or base it launched from and why another one haven't shown up yet) Maybe even a Snowfield map too. Plus the CO-OP needs to be beefed up to 5 to 6 players. This isn't Phantasy Star Online.

ACTIVITIES
Additional activities like, Von Bach Virtual Reality Challenges, Badlands Pizza Delivery runs, Law Keeper's Most Wanted Challenges (A 1on1 take down challenge of the most toughest baddies in Defiance, from a Hulker, to any of the bosses)

PVP
5 Player poker games, 8 player vehicle racing, with various stages (ie Rage), 12 player Last Man Standing matches, 64vs64 War Games (Meaning Team Death-match with each side having a limited reserve (ie Starwars Battlefront) and 12 vs 12 Capture the Sphere matches. Not everyone is into just regular team death-match and Shadow Wars.

CUSTOMIZATION
I talked about this in my other ideas thread, but we really need this beefed up. Too many people are running around looking the same and that's because there is no sliders for height, weight, hair color, eye color and skin color. Plus, what we have already is limited, outfits as well. I know Outfits are just for looks, so why not have little accessories or props we can add to them just for looks as well. Like a Katana or crossbow or a Hellbug backpack. At least this will help, players have a unique looking character of their own. (Granted everyone looks the same anyway at arkfalls right now.)

SALOON/PUB/BAR
Now this is a place where you can go to buy things, that are not sold in the Main Store and Side Shops. You can change you character looks here, buy knew tattoos, new emotes, dances moves, hair styles, props, accessories, weapon skins and even change the color of your outfits. This place is also where you can read up on or hear the latest Defiance in game News, by sitting at the Bar or Table and listening the NPC chatter. Plus you can bet on Chicken Races and the 1vs1 Pitt Fights here.

SIDE MISSIONS
New types of side missions. The go here, scan this and defend that is too repetitive. Where are the NPCs that need help? (Not those same people that keep getting themselves captured on the road) I mean seriously.

ironhands
04-29-2013, 12:46 PM
EDIT:
not rewards/achievements, so, let me edit this a lil :P

new area exploration pursuits
new arkfalls pursuits
new co-op map(s) with completion and DR pursuits
add strategic play/difficulty to each of the above so failure is a very real possibility with a pursuit to match
possibly add mutli-group/raid events with a pursuit to match.

also, has anyone figured out how to get to the jungle level?

omega32x
04-29-2013, 12:56 PM
DlC honestly should be the last thing on the list to make the game better. If things were done with more proper care i don't think DLC should be the deciding factor in ppl staying for the game but sadly at this point its starting to look like it.....

It would be kind of assinine of Trion to make the game even remotely more worthwhile through just DLC that you have to pay for if you want to enjoy the game in general. I know DLC has to have plenty of meat but still.

Viryu
04-29-2013, 01:12 PM
"Alternate" raids/co-op maps, for example Steampunk themed.
Tower Defence mode for lovers of the genre.

ironhands
04-29-2013, 01:19 PM
DlC honestly should be the last thing on the list to make the game better. If things were done with more proper care i don't think DLC should be the deciding factor in ppl staying for the game but sadly at this point its starting to look like it.....

It would be kind of assinine of Trion to make the game even remotely more worthwhile through just DLC that you have to pay for if you want to enjoy the game in general. I know DLC has to have plenty of meat but still.

people won't play unless there's new content, unless you're talking about a lobby shooter, where the players are the content. if there isn't regular content additions, there's really nothing to keep people logging in.