PDA

View Full Version : End of April patch ????

Shane5484
04-29-2013, 06:44 AM
When Defiance was released and people were outraged with the poor condition of game, Trion told us there would be a big patch middle month and an even bigger patch end of the month. I havent heard anything since. Was this just more lies from Trion in order to calm the masses or will we finnally see the game Trion told us they were going to make. Many people have bin waiting patiently for the end of April to see if there are any major improvments to Defiance, well the end of April is here so whats going to happen now.

Shinji Ex
04-29-2013, 06:45 AM
Patch coming today... :)

Combo Breaker
04-29-2013, 06:47 AM

Does that mean I should prepare to play a different game today?lol.

Krileon
04-29-2013, 06:49 AM
According to server schedule that's just the PS3 patch that everyone else got on the 15th. So whatever is coming today hasn't been scheduled yet and has no patch notes.. so I'm not going to hold my breathe...

FullMetalTech
04-29-2013, 06:56 AM
We should see more improvements now that they've isolated most of the problems. Im hoping they can add more stuff to the game soon because you get pretty much done with alot of the tasks quickly.

Whitenoise
04-29-2013, 06:59 AM
Hey Shane,

Like me, you must be waiting in hope that Trion pull something magical out of the hat?

For me, it's either that or wait until the game is in the bargain bin. (shouldn't be long now)

FOLTHEON
04-29-2013, 07:03 AM
According to server schedule that's just the PS3 patch that everyone else got on the 15th. So whatever is coming today hasn't been scheduled yet and has no patch notes.. so I'm not going to hold my breathe...

According to what they said during their live stream, the new episode missions should be released to everyone today. That means that some kind of content should be coming. Will it change something or even arrive on time? I doubt it, but I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

BleakPanther
04-29-2013, 07:05 AM
I'd wager that all the shtako in the fan from the "mid-April" patch may have pushed the "end of April" patch a little farther out. Don't know for sure but I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. I'd like to add that I'm cool with that. I do not want another fiasco like "mid-April". I'm pretty sure Trion doesn't either. Rather have no "fix" than a "bad fix".

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 07:05 AM
It's not may yet for quite a bit so they got still time left ... and time is ticking!

Rather have no "fix" than a "bad fix".

Rather have this communicated properly than a "wait and see" approach.

BleakPanther
04-29-2013, 07:26 AM
It's not may yet for quite a bit so they got still time left ... and time is ticking!

Rather have this communicated properly than a "wait and see" approach.

Maybe I'm just different but when something is stated as "around" a date I never expect it ON that date. Especially when the "plan" gets botched in between. When the room went quiet and the conversation went to the "mid-April" patch needing a week or so to fix, I took it as a sign that fixes were going to be needed on the next patch and just figured it'd need about the same additional time to "mature".

Excessive quotation mark use...

Communication hasn't been bestfriend level for sure but the need-to-know is posted and quite available. The forum and blog posts tell us what's going on as far as what we NEED to know and even give a little insight into what's coming next. Sure it might not be enough for some people but Trion gives us more info than most companies, except a few exceptional outliers.

I can say I'm not easily satisfied but in this case, I have taken the "wait and see" approach. I'm currently content with what the game and community team has to offer, which is not to say that I'm going to remain that way indefinitely, just not currently willing to waste my precious moments of malcontent on a $60, no sub fee game and its communications or lack thereof.

ironhands
04-29-2013, 07:29 AM
According to what they said during their live stream, the new episode missions should be released to everyone today. That means that some kind of content should be coming. Will it change something or even arrive on time? I doubt it, but I'll be glad to be proven wrong.

if the "episode mission" is pursuits, they'll likely be activated. pretty sure the episode missions are already loaded on our installs, and just need to be remotely triggered, there shouldn't be any delay with those as far as i can foresee.

crasher
04-29-2013, 08:05 AM

Server schedule?

Link?

BleakPanther
04-29-2013, 08:07 AM
Server schedule?

Link?

http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Defiance-Server-Status

Rend
04-29-2013, 08:13 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/forumdisplay.php?35-Defiance-Server-Status

Jesus... donīt let this be all! O_o

Shane5484
04-29-2013, 08:17 AM
I am not concerned with episode missions or anything with regards to to that type of gameplay. I hope to see changes to social system, voip and chat systems, grouping, clan support and pvp. I am really hoping for something to keep me playing this game. All main missions and side missions are completed. I could do them again but really who wants to keep repeating the same things over and over again. Persuits and contracts are also very repetitive and wont keep me playing. What I would like to see is clan deploy for shadow war and some sort of clan battle system with open world pvp. I have a feeling I wont see any of this by the end of the month and wont be playing to much more.

BleakPanther
04-29-2013, 08:18 AM
That's all the major server downtime stuff scheduled for today... not all the stuff period.

EDIT:

I am not concerned with episode missions or anything with regards to to that type of gameplay. I hope to see changes to social system, voip and chat systems, grouping, clan support and pvp. I am really hoping for something to keep me playing this game. All main missions and side missions are completed. I could do them again but really who wants to keep repeating the same things over and over again. Persuits and contracts are also very repetitive and wont keep me playing. What I would like to see is clan deploy for shadow war and some sort of clan battle system with open world pvp. I have a feeling I wont see any of this by the end of the month and wont be playing to much more.

I'd be mighty surprised if you saw that in the coming days. If you've reached the end of your patience with this game, since its a buy to play game, you can pick it back up whenever the things you want come to the game. If not, do what you do.

Hiroller
04-29-2013, 08:19 AM
lol. This is game game guys. Don't expect any magic content/patch fairies to make it all better. Wake up, it has been a month and it's the same mediocre beta build with a cash shop. In the next few months there will be so many sp games and new mmo's out, this game will be an afterthought.

Schwa
04-29-2013, 08:20 AM
lol. This is game game guys. Don't expect any magic content/patch fairies to make it all better. Wake up, it has been a month and it's the same mediocre beta build with a cash shop. In the next few months there will be so many sp games and new mmo's out, this game will be an afterthought.

It makes me wonder if that's what they were banking on the entire time.

SteveMND
04-29-2013, 08:28 AM
If Trion is smart, they won't push the big patch out here until they are damned sure it's good and ready. They were already rushed once from having to make the television series' premiere date, when everyone agrees it needed more time in the oven. Then they messed up on their own schedule by getting overexcited and rushing their first patch out, which just made a lot of stuff worse. I don't think they can afford another Big Failed Patch, so if they need time to get it done and get it done right, i'm fine with giving them a little more wiggle room here.

Buu
04-29-2013, 08:28 AM
When Defiance was released and people were outraged with the poor condition of game, Trion told us there would be a big patch middle month and an even bigger patch end of the month. I havent heard anything since. Was this just more lies from Trion in order to calm the masses or will we finnally see the game Trion told us they were going to make. Many people have bin waiting patiently for the end of April to see if there are any major improvments to Defiance, well the end of April is here so whats going to happen now.

LIES!? I agree in calming the masses, but can you actually present and explain which LIES are those?

Besides one of the first blog posts already hinted the 29th day, which I think is the 30th of April. So either is tomorrow, or it's today and they referenced the day after the patch:
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/11/day-29-its-tricky-to-rock-a-rhyme-thats-right-on-time-so-heres-a-patch-to-address-that/

After being treated like **** for an entire year by EA studios, I tell that Trion is being way responsible and sincere.

MacDeath
04-29-2013, 08:29 AM
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?54404-Server-Update-April-29th-at-9-00-AM-PT-NA-PC-and-Xbox
and of course: http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?50998-Patch-Update-April-29th-8-50AM-PT-NA-amp-EU-PS3

Schwa
04-29-2013, 08:30 AM
Yay, we get a restart!

I suppose it's to enable the new episode pursuits.

>The paper lanterns are now blue, and spawn in random locations.

Pasha
04-29-2013, 08:33 AM
I feel like Defiance was a bonus for Rift: Storm Legion on Steam: I can play Rift while waiting for release of Defiance and checking its open beta version from time to time.

Josnas
04-29-2013, 08:38 AM
LIES!? I agree in calming the masses, but can you actually present and explain which LIES are those?

Besides one of the first blog posts already hinted the 29th day, which I think is the 30th of April. So either is tomorrow, or it's today and they referenced the day after the patch:
http://community.defiance.com/en/2013/04/11/day-29-its-tricky-to-rock-a-rhyme-thats-right-on-time-so-heres-a-patch-to-address-that/

After being treated like **** for an entire year by EA studios, I tell that Trion is being way responsible and sincere.

What is all this reading into and assuming garbage? I want solid facts, not some bloggers interpretation of a developer's tweet or what they think someone means when they post. Trion has been trickling official info on solid information at a rate of about 1 official post every 2 weeks.

Here is a fact there is nothing official posted on any new content dates on DLC/ episodic content/ or patch.

BleakPanther
04-29-2013, 09:05 AM

In a less negative manner, I'd have to agree with this poster.

This is the game, while changes have been stated to be in the works, in theory, this game will and should never be WoW nor CoD. The basis of the game is what it is. As far as any player can tell, there won't be massive game changing patches that change the core of the game itself. Sure some of the players concerns/wants are being looked at but I wouldn't bet on some of the stuff I see players ask for.

The game isn't the second coming of anyone/everyone's favorite game but it is the first coming of a decent game that does have potential to be a lot of people's favorite game. I can say that it currently sits in the drive of my 360 and only moved once for about an hour and don't see it moving anytime soon. The wife has even stopped even trying to play other games since I hog the 360. I've watched gameplay of a lot of new games and even played a demo or 2 but Defiance is where my money is ending up. I enjoy the game for what it is. Some people don't.

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 09:07 AM
not some bloggers interpretation of a developer's tweet

Oveur
Nathan Richardsson
Executive Producer Defiance

Actually reading this 'interpretation' might help as well.

After being treated like **** for an entire year by EA studios, I tell that Putin is being way responsible and sincere.

Minor adjustment to reflect EAs nature more appropriatly.

Adryn
04-29-2013, 09:13 AM
Here is a fact there is nothing official posted on any new content dates on DLC/ episodic content/ or patch.

other than the twitch.tv interview that said content would be today then bi-weekly thereafter and the tweet that says the patch is today?

Shane5484
04-29-2013, 11:06 AM

What I was refering to was that Trion has told us that major issues were going to be fixed and they werent. We have bin told this many times since Alpha thing such as voip and chat were going to be fixed and werent. Clan and friend issues were meant to be repaired and werent. I cant count the issues Trion said would be repaired for launch and werent or even for the mid month patch. Read patch notes then play the game, see any problems??? most issues said to be repaired in patch were not done. Now on top of this many new issues have come to light, such as many many hackers. I dont blame Trion for this but really a 24 hour suspension, how about a permenet ban. So maybe I shouldnt say we have all bin lied to, but this is how it appears to me.

Josnas
04-29-2013, 04:20 PM
other than the twitch.tv interview that said content would be today then bi-weekly thereafter and the tweet that says the patch is today?

Link it or it never happened.