PDA

View Full Version : Weather

foxstewart
04-29-2013, 07:04 AM
Will we ever see weather in this game i would like some rain on my 360 some puddles etc some dynamic lighting etc

crasher
04-29-2013, 07:16 AM
Some of the best weather I ever saw was in "STALKER", but the character was the only one who had no shadow.

I've seen mist/fog here, which is done well, and sunrise through the mist is well done.

foxstewart
04-29-2013, 07:20 AM
Am sure i seen a video where weather was shown in this game rain etc dosnt seem to have made final game

FOLTHEON
04-29-2013, 07:35 AM
Am sure i seen a video where weather was shown in this game rain etc dosnt seem to have made final game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ed7j3_xHxBw

At 4:04.

I really hope that makes its way to the game.

ironhands
04-29-2013, 07:40 AM
Some of the best weather I ever saw was in "STALKER", but the character was the only one who had no shadow.

I've seen mist/fog here, which is done well, and sunrise through the mist is well done.

fond memories of rain in everquest. visibility decreasing, really good for the time, despite the poor graphics compared to now. really brought me into the game, and I was scared to go some places knowing I'd die and be unable to loot my corpse :P

now every game it's just run up, and oops, i died /respawn try again, and I think a lot of the subtlety of weather effects is lost because of that. Maybe that's one of the reasons the STALKER weather effects work so well, as it's very unforgiving when it comes to shootouts. I'd like to play that tonite I think, but I'm stuck in some sewers and it's scary :P

foxstewart
04-29-2013, 07:55 AM
Could never get stalker to work with xbx controller

Remag Div
04-29-2013, 08:02 AM

I believe this game was toned down a bit for the 360 and PS3 crowd. Notice how that video seems to have sharper visuals all around.

Also, the co-op maps make the game look MUCH nicer. Everything seems more colorful, sharper, dynamic lighting indoors, etc. Obviously because it's instanced, but I wish PC players could always have the game look like that.