PDA

View Full Version : starting all over

LoveCoach
04-29-2013, 07:53 AM
Hi all ;-)

I am looking for suggestions about going whole story line again, from start, with same character. Is it worth it? I mean beside fun aspect, are there more weapons/mods/scrip etc...? And also if anyone know when new content will ne introduced? I might not go and reset whole storyline if new content is coming soon.

Thanks in advance and cya in game
Bauk

duction
04-29-2013, 07:57 AM
Ain't worth it in my opinion, you get random item for completing a mission alon with standard xp... You only get main missions to do.

LtRobbiesan
04-29-2013, 08:27 AM
sure why not. options: start a new, but different char. use a different EGO power. spend time doing arkfalls (and co-op once available) to level up.

Galactimus
04-29-2013, 08:34 AM
Starting a new character is probably one of the worst things you can do in this game. The only difference between two characters is their visual appearance. You can use every EGO power with the same character. You can equip that character with different perks on different load outs. There's no bonus for starting over. Besides using a second character as a bank / mule.

Remag Div
04-29-2013, 08:36 AM
Starting a new character is probably one of the worst things you can do in this game. The only difference between two characters is their visual appearance. You can use every EGO power with the same character. You can equip that character with different perks on different load outs. There's no bonus for starting over. Besides using a second character as a bank / mule.

Pretty much.

In other MMO's it's fine because you can pick different races, classes, starting areas, stories, etc. but this game everything is exactly the same. lol

ironhands
04-29-2013, 08:37 AM
if you want to, wait for the new playable race, even though there likely won't be any difference in stats. might *feel* different that way

Ryme
04-29-2013, 08:44 AM
I could see starting over to play through a storyline that you rushed through the first time. Sometimes you will walk into a mission just as someone else completes it and miss all the pertinent dialogue.

Other than that, if you have a friend who just started that you want to play through the game with, that could also be a reason.

Making a new character also seems kind of pointless, save for a cosmetic change. Maybe for RP... is there RP in this game?

Tayce
04-29-2013, 08:55 AM
I've restarted the main quest.
You get mission xp, get to see the cuscenes again, go through some areas which still rewards you Keycodes, some scrip/arkfall salvage etc.

And afterwards you get a "random gear box" ("Tier 1" I've gotten a blue as highest atm).

There's really only one downside to restarting the main quest, the sidemissions becomes unavailable until you've progressed far enough to unlock them again.
So if you haven't done all of them yet, do them, or wait until you unlock them again.

EdgeTW
04-29-2013, 08:58 AM
Sometimes you will walk into a mission just as someone else completes it and miss all the pertinent dialogue.

When they said we were getting the ability to redo storyline missions, this is exactly the kind of thing I wanted to use it for, and I thought they'd allow us to just choose any mission we had completed and opt to redo it.

Of course, they went the more clunky route of only allowing players to completely reset their mission progress to zero.

Khufu
04-29-2013, 09:03 AM
Hi all ;-)

I am looking for suggestions about going whole story line again, from start, with same character. Is it worth it? I mean beside fun aspect, are there more weapons/mods/scrip etc...? And also if anyone know when new content will ne introduced? I might not go and reset whole storyline if new content is coming soon.

Thanks in advance and cya in game
Bauk

I would suggest using a stapler on your gonads before replaying the missions in this game.

DarkBardRaven
04-29-2013, 09:10 AM
I have replayed the main story three times on the plus side was able to complete Aegis Pt 1 side quest also received a orange grenade launcher mid way through as a reward. But honestly most of the orange gear sucks compared to the purple gear as well as the blue gear any way.

LoveCoach
04-30-2013, 02:42 AM
Thanks everyone!

Rasczak
04-30-2013, 02:45 AM
sure why not. options: start a new, but different char. use a different EGO power. spend time doing arkfalls (and co-op once available) to level up.

By 700+ Ego, I already have all 4 Ego powers unlocked, with two of them maxed, the third one bar away, and the fourth half-way. I just switch them out of the slot as needed. So, that's hardly an inspiring reason to create a second character. :/