PDA

View Full Version : Is cloaking bugged?

trueth
03-21-2013, 11:53 AM
In the "Snipe from the shadows" pursuit, one of the requirements is to kill while cloaked. Since any offensive action your character makes breaks the cloak, how can you achieve this?

AmishWarMachine
03-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Cloak + Headshot = 1-shot kill.

That's how I got it, anyway.

trueth
03-21-2013, 11:57 AM
Cloak + Headshot = 1-shot kill.

That's how I got it, anyway.

I have met most if not all of the sniper weapon requirements and never got a kill to register as one while cloaked.

AmishWarMachine
03-21-2013, 11:58 AM
The only other idea I have, is whittle them down low, toss a grenade at their feet, and cloak up?

trueth
03-21-2013, 12:05 PM
The only other idea I have, is whittle them down low, toss a grenade at their feet, and cloak up?

Throwing a grenade makes you uncloak. Lol At least whenever i do anything offensive with my character while hes cloaked,he uncloaks to do it. That why im thinking its bugged. Or at least my guy is. Itd be nice to get some other cloak users opinions.

Fattz
03-21-2013, 12:10 PM
I think he means throw the grenade, then use cloak before it blows up. Then the kill technically happened while cloaked.

I don't use cloak, but does using melee also uncloak you right away?

AmishWarMachine
03-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Throwing a grenade makes you uncloak.
That's why I was suggesting you throw the grenade, THEN cloak up.

Regardless, it is certainly plausible that it is not working as intended.

AmishWarMachine
03-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Another thought (revelation, perhaps?). Remembering back to the tutorial missions, when they were teaching you each of the EGO abilities... with the Cloak ability, they specifically required you to be behind the projection and cloaked, in order to kill the projections.

Maybe it's not the cloak actually failing you, but the enemy's sight cone?