PDA

View Full Version : Patch in 4 min!

Kazamario
04-29-2013, 08:42 AM
We been waiting for the "Sharks" here on PSN. Bring it forth Trion!

Edit: It was supposed to read "Patch in 8 min"

Giles
04-29-2013, 08:46 AM
Every minute that passes by your thread title becomes more and more wrong! xD

Hurray patch time! I should be happy but I was playing :( lol Time to watch Game of Thrones!

JagerMyk
04-29-2013, 08:47 AM
now its 11:48am here on East Coast...cant wait

Eagle7D8
04-29-2013, 08:48 AM
It'll still be a 2+ hour wait until we can play again anyway. lol

Hanzo_the_Razor
We been waiting for the "Sharks" here on PSN. Bring it forth Trion!

Edit: It was supposed to read "Patch in 8 min"

Sharks?!?!? Did I miss something?

JagerMyk
Every minute that passes by your thread title becomes more and more wrong! xD

Hurray patch time! I should be happy but I was playing :( lol Time to watch Game of Thrones!
what season they on? but anywho, great books, read all of them...hope they write more

JagerMyk
04-29-2013, 08:50 AM
Sharks?!?!? Did I miss something?

Sharks in Winter Solstice

Giles
04-29-2013, 08:56 AM
what season they on? but anywho, great books, read all of them...hope they write more

Game of Thrones is now on season 3, which is covering the first half of edit*(Still having my coffee xD) A Storm of Swords (the third book in Ice and Fire) I'm a massive fan. I could ramble for hours about all of it. xD

The author has said in interviews that he'l write until he's physically or mentally no longer able to, and that the series isn't finished. :D The 6th book "The Winds Of Winter" and final book "A Dream of Spring" are listed as "Forthcoming".

There will be a collection of short stories that take place in the same universe but about unrelated characters at some point, look it up if you need more. :P

edit*: Sorry, I know that couldn't be any less related to Defiance. lol

Khufu
04-29-2013, 08:57 AM
2 hour downtime then how long to actually patch?

Kronik
04-29-2013, 09:00 AM
I don't know how we got on this but game of thrones is in third season hence third book a storm of swords feast of crows is fourth book

Giles
04-29-2013, 09:05 AM
I don't know how we got on this but game of thrones is in third season hence third book a storm of swords feast of crows is fourth book

Yeah, I caught my error and made a noted edit. You're right. xD Just before I read your post.

JagerMyk
04-29-2013, 09:09 AM
lol, sorry I saw someone say they are going to watch GoT, I had read the 5 books an own the 1st season. I am an devourer of good books, an GoT pulled me in fast, the only other series that did that was Death Gate Cycle (think there was 7 books to it), sorry for going off topic on your post OP. but yes how long is the patch an do I have to have my ps on now? just thought of that.

ISLAND3R
04-29-2013, 09:10 AM
Is it for xbox as well? and how long have they been down thus far?

J_matt
04-29-2013, 09:11 AM

Ps3 only xbox and pc already have this patch

Khufu
04-29-2013, 09:11 AM

You need to learn how to read. You're in the PS3 forums.

brute
04-29-2013, 09:17 AM
You need to learn how to read. You're in the PS3 forums.

looks like you need to learn to read he simply asked if this is for the xbox he knew where he was posting.

Khufu
04-29-2013, 09:18 AM
looks like you need to learn to read he simply asked if this is for the xbox he knew where he was posting.

...and? He still asked in the wrong thread.

Zootharuu
04-29-2013, 09:21 AM
West Coast here and ready! Over!....

General Sideboob
04-29-2013, 09:23 AM
I am pretty excited about this patch. It seems like this game could stick around a while if it gets a little love.

As far as GOT goes, I loved the series but stopped reading after Feast for Crows which was, in my opinion, one of the most boring books ever written in the English language. I get the feeling that George Martin kind of let the story get away from him.

J_matt
04-29-2013, 09:25 AM
the Patch has been released to the world!!! mawhahahahahahaha *cough* *cough*

brycemorr84
04-29-2013, 09:27 AM
the Patch has been released to the world!!! mawhahahahahahaha *cough* *cough*

I have the title update but no patch yet. The patcher seems to skip over the patch.

Jthreau
04-29-2013, 09:29 AM
Anyone know how big (size-wise) the patch will be?

jerodatgm
04-29-2013, 09:29 AM
I am pretty excited about this patch. It seems like this game could stick around a while if it gets a little love.

As far as GOT goes, I loved the series but stopped reading after Feast for Crows which was, in my opinion, one of the most boring books ever written in the English language. I get the feeling that George Martin kind of let the story get away from him.

Agree with you on the game's potential to stick around and on Feast for Crows. However, I'd recommend giving A Dance With Dragons a shot. It got me back into the series after I was down on it a bit after Feast. I'm not sure GRRM let the story get away from him, rather he made promises he couldn't keep due to his schedule and other commitments getting away from him imo.

Legs
04-29-2013, 09:32 AM
I have the title update but no patch yet. The patcher seems to skip over the patch.

They said expect a 2 hr downtime for this, the title is probably the quickest part to upload :P It started at 11:00 am CST (an hr earlier than expected) to give you a basis of when it should (hopefully) be back up

brycemorr84
04-29-2013, 09:36 AM
They said expect a 2 hr downtime for this, the title is probably the quickest part to upload :P It started at 11:00 am CST (an hr earlier than expected) to give you a basis of when it should (hopefully) be back up

Ah True. Of course when DCU Online updates Its starts patching immediately after the title is downloaded. Of course even DCUs title updates can be as big as the patch itself sometimes. Sure felt like it anyways last week.

So much for my 100 MBPS internet connection. Im downloading at .57 MB/Sec

Kronik
04-29-2013, 09:46 AM
General you stopped reading too early I completely agree feast of crows was rather slow I won't go as far as say it was bad just because of the ending (when the ***** gets her up and comings). But. Dance with Dragons was great I couldn't put it down and I definitely recommend picking it back up and trying again. As far as the series goes I sure hope George RR Martin finishes it before something happens to that guy, isn't he like 80 now.

General Sideboob
04-29-2013, 09:46 AM
I am downloading the patch now. AS I TYPE THIS. Very exciting. Also, I am excited about the fact that I am just about to go and get a steak burrito!

uninhabitableheart
04-29-2013, 09:49 AM
lol, sorry I saw someone say they are going to watch GoT, I had read the 5 books an own the 1st season. I am an devourer of good books, an GoT pulled me in fast, the only other series that did that was Death Gate Cycle (think there was 7 books to it), sorry for going off topic on your post OP. but yes how long is the patch an do I have to have my ps on now? just thought of that.

You just have to log in and download/install the update. The server downtime is for their end, not ours as the users. Long story short, you don't have to be doing anything specific for the 2 hours the server is down.

jerodatgm
04-29-2013, 09:49 AM
When you guys that are DLing the patch already get done, please let us know the file size and about how long it took for your connection. I won't be able to DL it for another 5 hours when I get home from work. Arrrggh!

General Sideboob
04-29-2013, 09:51 AM
I saw something that said "22 MB" I wonder if that's the size for the entire patch or only a certain step in the patching process.

uninhabitableheart
04-29-2013, 09:51 AM
When you guys that are DLing the patch already get done, please let us know the file size and about how long it took for your connection. I won't be able to DL it for another 5 hours when I get home from work. Arrrggh!

Well, I didn't know about the patch til I tried to play today at about 9:30am PST (12:30pm where I'm at in MI). It said there was an update for the title, and took me out of Defiance to handle that. It downloaded/installed very quickly (<2 minutes), and now I'm just waiting for the server to finish its patch. I'll update after I get on and know more about any more steps.

Edit: Patch took about 9 minutes @ roughly 1mb/sec to download, 1 minute to install.

Darky
04-29-2013, 09:55 AM
I saw something that said "22 MB" I wonder if that's the size for the entire patch or only a certain step in the patching process.
thats the title update, the patch will probably be in GBs

Fubbick
04-29-2013, 09:56 AM
I'm patching ingame now. Supposed to take almost 5 min to download at roughly 2mb/s (according to the timer)

brycemorr84
04-29-2013, 09:58 AM
Well, I didn't know about the patch til I tried to play today at about 9:30am PST (12:30pm where I'm at in MI). It said there was an update for the title, and took me out of Defiance to handle that. It downloaded/installed very quickly (<2 minutes), and now I'm just waiting for the server to finish its patch. I'll update after I get on and know more about any more steps.

Theres 3 actual patches there 1.010, 1.011 & 1.012 The title updates always goes by quick save for DCU.

General Sideboob
04-29-2013, 10:01 AM
Looks like I'm good to go. The whole thing took about ten, maybe fifteen, minutes. Servers are still down though.

JagerMyk
04-29-2013, 10:03 AM
GoT does get boring at some...anywho, I will not go there. Great read. go to off topic to talk of this, just made it. Sorry OP...anywho, thanks for the help with the info on the patch. going to dl now.

System_Nuked
04-29-2013, 10:05 AM
Not sure the file size but it took me 6 mins to download on a 15mb connection and 2 minutes to install.