PDA

View Full Version : weapons skills: should you focus on specific types?

ratt707
04-29-2013, 10:34 AM
I thought I would focus on a few particular types but there's so many goals based on using various weapon types, so Im having second thoughts.

How do people go about this? Max a certain weapon type skill first then move onto the next? Little bit of everything on various load outs?

A browsed the goals and it seemed there's rewards for both routes. For example, I see rewards for stuff like reaching weapon skill lvl 20 but also rewards for hitting low to mid lvl with all weapons.

Looking for the growth that will get me some ego and trying to avoid grinding weapons.

Draugluin
04-29-2013, 11:06 AM
It's a choice you have to make. Make it so that it suits your play style the most. Pursuits will get fulfilled sooner or later. If you rather want to accomplish certain pursuits you need to play along. If you find it boring then you shouldn't think pursuits too obsessive.

Try setting your own "mini-accomplishments". For example, leveling BMG's from one to ten non-stop could be too much something that resembles "work".

Tgreen
04-29-2013, 11:13 AM
What ever you enjoy most really.

There is no need to level weapons skills unless you just like to use them, want pursuits that involve them or want the EGO rating increase.

Cavadus
04-29-2013, 11:23 AM
Max out your weapon of choice first and foremost. Rank 20 will net you +5% damage which is actually pretty huge for a game based on horizontal progression.

After that, either max out your most used secondary or grind weapons to hit the pursuit goals. Whatever floats your boat.

I know that I intend to eventually try and max everything out so I'm going from one weapon to the next maxing them. Getting the pursuits right now this second isn't a huge deal to me.