PDA

View Full Version : You guys know that Defiance is all-but-confirmed for the next-gen, right?

Xavier Horovitz
04-29-2013, 03:42 PM
Countless hints have pretty much confirmed it. Why am I all of a sudden reading people thinking Defiance won't be on the PS4 and Xbox Infinity?

Archangel
04-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Can you share with us the hints?

I got to see a dev PS4/Ifinity while in Trion Studios but i haven't heard anything about it being backwards compatible to the PS3/Xbox 360

Jardian
04-29-2013, 03:47 PM
Countless hints have pretty much confirmed it. Why am I all of a sudden reading people thinking Defiance won't be on the PS4 and Xbox Infinity?

Simple its becoming a fail as it is now. Unless they get Their act togther fast no publisher in the world would move this title to next gen.

Schnibbly
04-29-2013, 03:48 PM
LOL it wont sell for sure thats why.

emanual
04-29-2013, 03:51 PM
Because unless they unexpectedly unleash ground breaking content and a massive fixall patch in under 30 days defiance the game will have flopped really, the community is being pretty forgiving but I can't help but see another FF14 type scenario. I'm only keeping it likely because trading it would be losing a lot of cash on this game...its a dull repetitive game (not in the good jrpg way), lacks any character progression, story is incredibly short and easy to finish (which is really not mmo-like as most have a grand storyline that takes like 3 years to get anywhere) its just behind more or less, if they get a few patches out and get that ever ominous dlc/new stuff out then I think the community will stick around but 1 new pursuit and a 10 minute episode mission isn't gonna cut it and as we can see the community is ready to lynch someone.

Xavier Horovitz
04-29-2013, 03:52 PM
I didn't know opinion of the game had spiraled downward so much. My bad.

seronx
04-29-2013, 03:57 PM
Can you share with us the hints?Hidden Graphical Options.
Weather.
Fog.
Particle Effects.
High Res Bloom?
HDR?
High Res Textures.
DirectX 10/11/11.1 mode.
Compute Shaders.
etc.

Nexos_Arc
04-29-2013, 04:22 PM
ok, here is the biggest hint: jump to 06:50 in the vid below.
My interpretation of his reaction is ... if we sell a XXX-load it might be avail on next-gen ... maybe, ... maybe not.

James talks to Trion World Senior VP of Development Nick Beliaeff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4_RJ_ubdgg

Defy
04-29-2013, 04:30 PM
wont the systems be backward compatible anyway?

Eisberg
04-29-2013, 04:39 PM
Hidden Graphical Options.
Weather.
Fog.
Particle Effects.
High Res Bloom?
HDR?
High Res Textures.
DirectX 10/11/11.1 mode.
Compute Shaders.
etc.

Doesn't mean they are going to release the game for the next Gen consoles, but rather they are going to update the PC version for that stuff. Or it could mean that. Better safe to assume that since there is no announcement for it, that it is not coming.

nitroz76
04-29-2013, 04:40 PM
wont the systems be backward compatible anyway?

Yes, and no.
The PS4 will be backwards compatible over cloud.

The next xbox will require a separate piece of hardware that will act as a 360, but as part of the next xbox.

Eisberg
04-29-2013, 04:44 PM
ok, here is the biggest hint: jump to 06:50 in the vid below.
My interpretation of his reaction is ... if we sell a XXX-load it might be avail on next-gen ... maybe, ... maybe not.

James talks to Trion World Senior VP of Development Nick Beliaeff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4_RJ_ubdgg

My interpretation of that is it would have been a stupid thing to answer. If he answered yes, then it would hurt sales on the console side because people might just wait for it to release on that console instead of buying it now, and if he answered no, people might still not buy the game just because they are looking forward to the PS4 and don't want to play old games when the PS4 is out, so instead he leaves out in the air.

Rizaun
04-29-2013, 04:47 PM
Hidden Graphical Options.
Weather.
Fog.
Particle Effects.
High Res Bloom?
HDR?
High Res Textures.
DirectX 10/11/11.1 mode.
Compute Shaders.
etc.