PDA

View Full Version : Van Bach issues

SteelPaladin
01-02-2013, 10:45 AM
anyone else having issues w beta sign up page? refresh does nada, reloading page, nada....ramming my head against the wall...priceless.

Firebrand
01-02-2013, 05:10 PM
If you have a pre-existing Trion account, I'd suggest the following (this is not a proven fix, but these are the exact steps I took and got the email):

#1. Attempt to link current Trion account. If this does not work, proceed to #2.

#2. Click "No, register with a new account". Scroll down to the registration section for new accounts and click Already have a trion account link. Login and and click "link current trion account" again (the pop-up window will stay open like before). Press escape one time and scroll back down to the bottom where the registration section is. If it says " You will be notified as soon as Ark Hunter training goes live" check your email registered to that trion account for the registration confirmation email.

Krazee DD
01-02-2013, 06:23 PM
#2 worked for me. Thanks!

Suun Brakur
01-02-2013, 10:57 PM
# 2 work also for me thanks.

Veckna
01-03-2013, 10:25 AM
Had same issue but unable to try option 2 as only the registration fields and a 'Already have trion account?' link in the top right of the panel were showing on the site for me.
Site just kept refreshing itself when attempting to use the already have account link, entering my information into the fields showed email was already in use. Account management had the same info (registered interest in Defiance beta) from a while back when I first heard about Defiance and setup my account preference.
I sent in a support ticket asking if I was signed up for beta and the response I got back seems to indicate that so long as your account is flagged for interest in account management then all is well (I haven't had any follow on emails as some have gotten from registering via the VBI site). Ticket response below:

Thank you for contacting us regarding Defiance.

That is an excellent question, and I am more than happy to assist you! You have properly signed up to receive the Defiance newsletter, and your account is entitled with your Defiance Beta Interest for the PC. You are properly signed up for a possible selection!

If you have any additional questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thank you for your continued support of Trion Worlds and for playing Defiance.

Your reference number for this ticket is (deleted by me).

Sincerely,

GM Faenthal
Trion Worlds Inc.

Not sure if this helps but posting just in case anyone else was tussling with the VBI site for a while.

Steelheart
01-03-2013, 12:57 PM
This is looking like it's going to be an Explorer issue.

Once i switched to Chrome, #2 worked.

Heads up though...

When i clicked on "use existing account" button it didn't appear that anything had happened, but i soon after recieved a conformation email after doing so.

squidgod2000
01-03-2013, 01:44 PM
If I go back to the site now (after registering for beta last week) I get the "use my trion account" popup, which is unresponsive and can't be closed.

Veckna
01-03-2013, 03:22 PM
Was curious so downloaded chrome as well - option #2 worked as described above.

Shortly after escaping and seeing the "You will be notified as soon as Ark Hunter training goes live" I got the email others have mentioned:

Congratulations,

You have successfully enlisted for VBI Advance Mission BETA.

Look out for a communication from our partners at Defiance. Successful applicants will be notified prior to launch.

In the meantime, keep your eyes peeled for a new type of Arkfall that is being reported. VBI is very interested in any information pertaining to these "Arkfall Codes," and their retrieval could prove highly lucrative to you. Further details will follow.

See you soon Ark Hunter!

So that was triggered by linking my current Trion account via the VBI site despite already being flagged for selection as per the support ticket response. Hopefully makes no difference but paranoid people (like myself ;) ) might want to grab chrome and follow option #2 in the second post just to be sure. Seems to be an IE issue as Steelheart says.

Hope this helps.

Veckna
01-03-2013, 03:31 PM
I mentioned the above to support along with a link to this thread in case it was of any help to them.

5 minute edit limit apparently so couldn't just edit my last post :p

dahanese
01-03-2013, 04:56 PM
Just popping by to say thanks (and we're on the case.)

SteelPaladin
01-03-2013, 05:07 PM
still having issues...

Fiancee
01-04-2013, 03:26 AM
I used my Rift account, no problems.

MaxTwelve
01-08-2013, 02:14 PM
I used original Rift account.

From the VBI page using Firefox 16 I found the login using prior account link had a lag time before I saw the popup/overlay to interact with.

Myll_Erik
01-08-2013, 02:29 PM
If you folks are still having issues - please post here and let use know.

A few things you might want to try :

Use a different browser
Clear your cache

Titchi
01-08-2013, 02:42 PM
I had the same issue. Make sure you have all pop up blockers disabled, even your built in browser one. Also it might help to turn of any firewall or antivirus' programs you might have runnign for a small time. Try deleting your cookies, you know, the typical stuff. I actually just contacted customer support, and they confirmed with me that I was in fact regestered in the BETA even though I couldn't get the VonBach site to work properly and just used the Trionworld site. The VonBach site just throws a pop up on you that says use existing account or register a new accout I believe if you click "I already have an Account" link.

If you're still a little weary just contact customer support and they can look into it for you and make sure you're registered.

Had this posted in another thread, hope this helps, but it looks like most of these issues have been figured out.

Deathrow
01-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Tried it chrome this time but it gets stuck at loading after clicking to the "Register" button. I guess I'll have to contact with customer support to ask if Im in cos I didnt get the email that everyone's talking about.

Titchi
01-09-2013, 08:53 AM
Tried it chrome this time but it gets stuck at loading after clicking to the "Register" button. I guess I'll have to contact with customer support to ask if Im in cos I didnt get the email that everyone's talking about.

Go to the Trionworld.com page, sign in with your account. Click on 'Manage Games' and then click on Defiance. What does it say there on that page?

DiRtDoGg
01-09-2013, 10:27 AM
im getting this.. just making sure this is what i should be seeing after going through the sign up process

Welcome Ark Hunter. You are one step closer to joining Defiance, the futuristic online open-world shooter with massive co-op and multiplayer battles!

Deathrow
01-09-2013, 10:40 AM
Go to the Trionworld.com page, sign in with your account. Click on 'Manage Games' and then click on Defiance. What does it say there on that page?

Same message that DirtDog has.

DefianceŽ
Welcome Ark Hunter. You are one step closer to joining Defiance, the futuristic online open-world shooter with massive co-op and multiplayer battles!

Titchi
01-09-2013, 10:50 AM
Okay, you both should be good then. Like I said in my original post, if you want to be 100% sure then check with Customer Support. Just contact them via the website. That was the same messege I was getting too when I had the problem.

Check your email again and check in spam, may be in there.

Deathrow
01-09-2013, 11:20 AM
Okay, you both should be good then. Like I said in my original post, if you want to be 100% sure then check with Customer Support. Just contact them via the website. That was the same messege I was getting too when I had the problem.

Check your email again and check in spam, may be in there.

S'all good. But I might try to contact with support if I get paranoid in bed lol :p