PDA

View Full Version : Powerslide?

nathanpbutler
04-29-2013, 08:03 PM
How does one powerslide on a runner? I've reached level 13 with my runners, and I've apparently only powerslid 9 meters (or whatever) in that time.

Ryan
04-29-2013, 08:09 PM
I think the powerslide for Rollers resets, I've had mine over 100 meters looked the next day and it was down to 18 again.
To powerslide on Xbox you drive and hold B so I think for PS3 it would be circle.

Xara
04-29-2013, 08:35 PM
Hold the brake while turning, easier to do (maybe required?) if you are boosting at the same time. It's just another way to say "drifting"

crasher
04-29-2013, 08:37 PM
How does one powerslide on a runner? I've reached level 13 with my runners, and I've apparently only powerslid 9 meters (or whatever) in that time.

You cut the steering to one side, let off on the power, and trigger the hand brake for a sec.
If you're going around a corner and want to maintain momentum it's just a touch.
Then you have to learn curve arcs and steering radius again.
Watch out for those off-camber turns.

If you want to reverse your direction, you can do a 180 and zoom in the other direction by holding the brake just a little longer.

You can leave donut skidmarks on the pavement.

They're similar, but not equivalent.

EAST N2382R
04-29-2013, 08:37 PM
Do donuts will boosting... Takes like a minute

mikegonzalez2k
04-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Find a an open area where you can do donuts. Accelerate to a descent speed then use the handbrake and pull hard to the side. If you do it right your vehicle should slide. Think of drift racing, because that's basically what you are doing.

crasher
04-29-2013, 08:40 PM
Hold the brake while turning, easier to do (maybe required?) if you are boosting at the same time. It's just another way to say "drifting"
You can prolly do it that way to (Of course you can, you wouldn't have said it :) )
But I'm not that coordinated to boost and brake at the same time.

Flagwaver
04-29-2013, 08:52 PM
Here's how to powerslide for the achievement.

Start driving.
Hit your thrusters.
With the thrusters still going hit your breaks.
You will start to fishtail before stopping.
Wash, rinse, repeat about seven or eight times until you get the Powerslide achievement.

Vanimal
04-29-2013, 08:55 PM
I went to the merchants at Top Notch and fish tailed down the long bridge using e-brake while trying to maintain enough speed to slide. After about 6 trips down I had 500m.