PDA

View Full Version : Patcher Error. Try again later.

NobbyNobbs
03-21-2013, 03:03 PM
i always get the same error massage after some time
and dunno if it matters but i changed the the installation path to a different folder but it still downloads some files to AppData\Local\Temp

DerpTronix
03-21-2013, 03:10 PM
i always get the same error massage after some time
and dunno if it matters but i changed the the installation path to a different folder but it still downloads some files to AppData\Local\Temp

It allocates the needed file size into the directory, then downloads the actual data to the temp folder. After it has downloaded all the data it will "patch" the directory files. Completely normal for a patcher to write to the temp folder.

EDIT:
Also what is the error it is giving you?

NobbyNobbs
03-21-2013, 03:12 PM
look at the thread name^^

DerpTronix
03-21-2013, 03:14 PM
look at the thread name^^

And thats why my name is DERP!!!!tronix XD

Daedalus
03-21-2013, 03:22 PM
This is happening because you moved the install directory. Right click the icon to run the patcher, and click the "Run as Administrator" option. Let me know if that helps.

NobbyNobbs
03-21-2013, 03:23 PM
already did it but it didnt helped :/

Daedalus
03-21-2013, 03:25 PM
already did it but it didnt helped :/

Then uninstall, and reinstall to the default appdata directory. If it works then, then its a UAC permissions issue. If it still doesn't work, then at least we've ruled something out.

NobbyNobbs
03-21-2013, 03:30 PM
i tried it either

hm.., maybe i was a little too lazy with my first post^^

grifter
03-21-2013, 03:57 PM
this is the same thing that is happening to me im loosing my mind have been trying to get it to work for for 11 hours no and still cant get it to work please help dont want to miss out on the beta

Sarpedon
03-21-2013, 04:53 PM
I had this exact same issue, tired all the proposed fixes on the Beta Forums dl'd it 4 times. What ended up working for me was a complete uninstall and then deletion of the leftovers of Defiance in my appdata folder. Full power off and back on of the pc. I ran the patcher as Admin then ran the installer as Admin then it dl'd just fine just took time. I had all the firewall and anti-virus stuff disabled as well during the ordeal as a side note.

NobbyNobbs
03-21-2013, 05:00 PM
ok somehow it worked this time
dunno what did the trick (uninstall defiancebeta AND defianceruntimes, deleting the folders, deleting some temp files, repairing my registry, callin everyones mother a dirty little..., grabbing a big hammer and beating the **** out of my pc) but the client finaly is installed :)

btw if you got the same issue start with the hammer thing :-P

grifter
03-21-2013, 05:15 PM
i am doing this a s we speak hope this works thanks Sarpedon

all done thanks Sarpedon you saved my sanity that worked like a charm

ZombieTech
03-21-2013, 05:52 PM
Hrm, I'm starting to have this issue... I started it early this morning (around 4am I think)... it started at about 800k/s, and at times dropped as low as 50k/s... then earlier right before it happened it started pushing 10-15mb/sec. Now this. I'm really hoping I don't have to delete everything and start over as stated, otherwise I may just skip the beta and the purchase all together. It's been over 12 hours... if I have to start all over again, it probably won't even be finished before beta starts.

EDIT: What's strange is it's acting like it suddenly out of the blue can't connect... it'll keep cycling "resuming previous patch" about 5-10 times then error out with this error. :(

ZombieTech
03-21-2013, 06:14 PM
Got it going again. NOTE: If this happens to you, BEFORE you uninstall everything, try a reboot FIRST. I did and it's resuming from where it left off at, and going rather fast too.

EDIT: Eh, it's slowed back down to 500k again... 3-4 hours left to go. *Facedesk*

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv89/miguelito_garcia/BeatHead.gif

Zeroexit
03-21-2013, 09:01 PM
This was EXACTLY what was happening to me, until I disabled Kaspersky.

Travie
03-21-2013, 09:58 PM
Where does the setup install files? I'm having the same problem, only now I can't find the extra files to delete before I start again...

I'm on a 1.5 mb connection, so this basically eliminated my first 6 or so potential hours of the beta... Yeah, I'm mad.

Travie
03-21-2013, 10:08 PM
Nevermind, looks like someone already answered that in another thread.