PDA

View Full Version : Area Voice Chat

RequiemPrime
04-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Now I have it on mute....as I do not want to listen to randoms and their banter. Yet from time to time, I can still hear them...muffled, but they are still coming through. It's happening mainly at Arkfalls, but not restricted to those.

Anyone else experiencing this?

ALPHA REB0RN
04-29-2013, 11:02 PM
Now I have it on mute....as I do not want to listen to randoms and their banter. Yet from time to time, I can still hear them...muffled, but they are still coming through. It's happening mainly at Arkfalls, but not restricted to those.

Anyone else experiencing this?

Waiting to see if the VC is fixxed

LordBear
04-29-2013, 11:15 PM
does vc not work at all..tried a few things and havnt been able to hear anything or get anyone to respond.

Jack The Bear
04-29-2013, 11:18 PM
does vc not work at all..tried a few things and havnt been able to hear anything or get anyone to respond.

It does work, i was using it earlier today. I've heard various fixes to it, try searching for it maybe you can find the problem you are having!

PS. Another bear :]

CatatonicFiend
04-29-2013, 11:46 PM

If your in a clan, select clan (up / down)
You do not have to be grouped.

For area chat, it's proximity.. nearby players can interact with you. But again, it has to be selected.

I made a post very early on, few days after release explaining this.

In order for it to work, everyone must be in same channel. You can hear your clan, but not talk to then while group is toggled, same with area and team.

Beating a dead horse with a log here.. I'll find my original post and link it..

Edit: also make sure you have voice enabled, and chat channels un muted.
http://forums.defiance.com/showthread.php?23553-MIC-CHAT-FIX!-or-a-fluke-idk

VoIP has had its issues, but mainly it was user error.. with a shake of server.

The Lady
04-29-2013, 11:47 PM
It is going in and out. It worked in the beginning of the co op mission I did. Sometimes I can hear muffled voices through my headset and other times through the tv.