PDA

View Full Version : Stop Self-Reviving during Major Arkfalls - We all need the pursuit!

Jesse
04-29-2013, 10:29 PM
A small rant/plea to the community. Most of us know there's a pursuit to get 100 revives during major arkfalls. You may notice that when someone dies in a major arkfall, generally there's several people who will revive you within 10 seconds. Aside from the fact people rarely die in major arkfalls (outside those wasp nest looking pipes that shoot sticky frags up in the air and blow you up!), I can't tell you how often people instantly self-revive or even do it while they're being revived! Take that extra 5 - 10 seconds, gather your thoughts on why you died and how to prevent it in the future, and let your fellow ark hunters revive you and get points towards the pursuit.

That is all, good hunting!

Irres169
04-29-2013, 10:31 PM
I get tired of waiting for you slowpokes :p

Xaearth
04-29-2013, 10:34 PM
Aside from the fact people rarely die in major arkfalls (outside those wasp nest looking pipes that shoot sticky frags up in the air and blow you up!)

I seriously can't be the only one that has a chronic issue with Progenitor arms and their creepy tendency to double-team/mech-handle me.

Hell, one time in Scrapworks coop the lone arm was so pissed off that it couldn't get me from both sides that it literally launched me back over the gate to the final battle area... where I then appeared to be stuck until the other 3 people finished the instance.

Schwa
04-29-2013, 10:35 PM
Just have a friend suicide repeatedly at an ammo box within the arkfall with a detonator. You can get all of the revives in like five minutes.

ghost_ol3a
04-29-2013, 10:46 PM
A small rant/plea to the community. Most of us know there's a pursuit to get 100 revives during major arkfalls. You may notice that when someone dies in a major arkfall, generally there's several people who will revive you within 10 seconds. Aside from the fact people rarely die in major arkfalls (outside those wasp nest looking pipes that shoot sticky frags up in the air and blow you up!), I can't tell you how often people instantly self-revive or even do it while they're being revived! Take that extra 5 - 10 seconds, gather your thoughts on why you died and how to prevent it in the future, and let your fellow ark hunters revive you and get points towards the pursuit.

a good player doesnt need to be revived. a couple of times i did, but to be fair there was only 2 of us

K A S H I H A R A D
04-29-2013, 10:49 PM
I've reach the point where I've considered spending a couple of hours suiciding in front of a group until they catch on...

Bad enough the killshot objectives are still near impossible for me to complete.

Multigun
04-29-2013, 10:50 PM
Just have a friend suicide repeatedly at an ammo box within the arkfall with a detonator. You can get all of the revives in like five minutes.

Lol...I can neither confirm nor deny that I have done this.

NightfallRob
04-29-2013, 11:04 PM
I get tired of waiting for you slowpokes :p

Yep, this would be the issue for me too lol. If I wait for someone to actually help me, the arkfall will be over.

Schwa
04-29-2013, 11:06 PM
I've reach the point where I've considered spending a couple of hours suiciding in front of a group until they catch on...

Bad enough the killshot objectives are still near impossible for me to complete.

Overcharge + fully-automatic weapon = inevitability in time. Keep at it, and boost your chances by doing the arkfalls way out in the middle of nowhere.

Irres169
04-29-2013, 11:07 PM
I was joking, I never die, only n00bs die at Arkfalls. :p

Schwa
04-29-2013, 11:09 PM

I die because I don't care. I'm just that lolpro.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going back to my pistol/bmg build with blur. I don't even know what my perks are, stopped caring around ego 1500.

That was 1000 ego ago, back before the game became a korean grindfest.

K A S H I H A R A D
04-29-2013, 11:10 PM
Overcharge + fully-automatic weapon = inevitability in time. Keep at it, and boost your chances by doing the arkfalls way out in the middle of nowhere.

Done that soooooo, sooooo, sooooo many times already. AR, SMG, LMG - Nothing. Does anyone know the exact XP award for the killshot? At least then I'd know whether or not it's glitched for me.

ghost_ol3a
04-29-2013, 11:14 PM
Done that soooooo, sooooo, sooooo many times already. AR, SMG, LMG - Nothing. Does anyone know the exact XP award for the killshot? At least then I'd know whether or not it's glitched for me.

i think its 10,000 if i remember correctly

Wtflag
04-29-2013, 11:17 PM

Have you tried soloing an ark crystal? It's actually a whole different ball game with every blast pod and archer nuking you.

It can be done of course, but first timer soloers will die once or twice at least.

K A S H I H A R A D
04-29-2013, 11:19 PM
i think its 10,000 if i remember correctly

If that's the case... then I cleared the Progenitor TWICE today. -_-'

Any other confirms?

BrassRazoo
04-29-2013, 11:24 PM
Did a Mother of all Hellbugs last night and the fat cow bugged out on us with 15 minutes left or something.
As the Arkfall was technically still there about 6 or 8 of us did the suicide / rez thing until we ran out of ammo.
I think I went from 46 to 79 or something.
It was very handy.

If I go down I stay down as I know how hard it has been for me to get.
Perhaps others just don't think anyone will rez them or they think getting a few more points instead of waiting for a rez (which you have 90 seconds for) will get you a Orange Grenade at the end.

Numina
04-29-2013, 11:27 PM

I got both kill shots first try by attaching scope to VBI SMG, going into aim mode once the health bar is getting very low on whichever mob you are needing... and then just letting fire of entire clip, usually don't even get half-way through the clip before I get the kill shot.

Sarin
04-29-2013, 11:30 PM
Going to have to try that suicide thing to get those revs. People dying in arkfalls is just so damn rare.

Luckily I last hit both bosses on my first try.

Valethar
04-29-2013, 11:34 PM
Hell, I tag all the archers and blastpods on purpose, or kamikaze into a pile of warriors just so people can rez me. O.o

Dist0rt3d Hum0r
04-29-2013, 11:47 PM
I finished this pursuit yesterday. :p

Littleweasel
04-29-2013, 11:52 PM
you can always do the revives with a friend by just downing yourself with a nade and get your friend to revive you withing the large circle of the major arkfall so you don't need to worry about others self reviving if that pursuit is giving you to much trouble.

Neptonius
04-30-2013, 12:25 AM
Not everyone playing Defiance has friends playing, so please stop replying with that.

Untill Trion fix the chat in this game, this goal is hell to get, when we get a real chat ingame, then people can really make groups and do all goals.

Better chat = no more single player game.

Indolo
04-30-2013, 01:38 AM
If that's the case... then I cleared the Progenitor TWICE today. -_-'

Any other confirms?

You can get the 10,000 xp without kill shot. I think xp might be based on the amount of damage you do.

Got my kill shots with either sniper or smg. I don't know when it happened; just saw them ticked off in pursuits one day. What might have helped me is my schedule has me playing in the middle of the night Pacific time, so while there were still a lot of players, there weren't as many, difference between seeing top scoreboard damage being 1-1.5 million compared with the 100kish I see during more primetime arkfalls.

HardLuck
04-30-2013, 01:47 AM
I don't mind at all waiting for someone to rez me. The problem is, there's been so many times that I've gone down and players just run all around me (some even run over me lol) and not one will stop and revive me. Sometimes I catch a glimpse of someone coming all the way from the other side of the arkfall, but by then I'm down to the last couple of seconds and I get up myself.

C0d1esel
04-30-2013, 02:32 AM
I've died a few times and nobody pays attention to revive. Therefore I self revive. Oh well.

On the otherhand, I desperately try to find other people to revive and they all self revive. I thought I was going to have issues getting kill-shot on hellion/progenetor and revives but I got both killshots in the last 24 hours. Just 96 more revives to go.

Is it exploiting to get a friend to die a bunch on purpose to help speed this along?

Rasczak
04-30-2013, 02:39 AM
Yep, this would be the issue for me too lol. If I wait for someone to actually help me, the arkfall will be over.

Unfortunately, that is true.

TheNeoReaper
04-30-2013, 02:42 AM
I have no problem getting revives. Suck it up buttercup.

AllDay
04-30-2013, 05:05 AM

That's all well and good except that arkfalls are a competition so people leave you on the ground as long as possible to keep the other players in check, its a flawed idea to begin with and on top of that when someone does revive you its a slow process when your in a hurry to score. I usually finish top 3 always in arkfalls that's the whole point.>:cool: